America Has Suffered A Lethal Blow to Its Freedoms

The First Amendment came under a brutal attack today by nonother than its Congress.

In their panic and hysteria over losing their gaslighting war to paint ANTI-war protestors as the aggressors, they've now written a LAW dictating that to criticize the ideology and/or actions of a FOREIGN country's government, is now considered hate speech and CAN be prosecuted in American courts.

That's it folks, we're screwed...........IF this is allowed to stand.

This video explains it nicely...

WHO will stand and fight against this assault on the Constitution?

WHO will stand and fight for America?

I don't recall your pissing, bitching, moaning, or railing about the biggest attacks on freedom and liberty, the patriot act, safer communities act, and many, many others. Julian Assange rots away in the nastiest prison in England. You are correct, this attack on the first amendment is abhorrent and it is one of a long line of assaults on our rights under the first ten amendments. Are you prepared to protect all of them or just cherry pick?

GMpSN52XAAA6kV7

Da comrade!

DURR

I don't recall your pissing, bitching, moaning, or railing about the biggest attacks on freedom and liberty, the patriot act, safer communities act, and many, many others. Julian Assange rots away in the nastiest prison in England. You are correct, this attack on the first amendment is abhorrent and it is one of a long line of assaults on our rights under the first ten amendments. Are you prepared to protect all of them or just cherry pick?
Didn't the Patriot Act happen under Bush II?

If you recall, I joined this site during that Administration, I got kicked off another popular, but now defunct board, for criticizing Bush's Administration for doing these very things.

I'm sure I've mentioned it on this board before, but I can't be sure.

I have a written history of being against this, no matter who's in Office.

Note: You've seen me publicly criticize the Democratic President many times. However, I don't see any criticism of Republican Presidents from Republican posters when they are in Office.

Funny that.

thats-sad-huh-01.gif

I wasn't on the radar woth this but just a cursory look at the legislation showed this:

SEC. 2. SENSE OF CONGRESS. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ssavage on DSKBC07HB2PROD with BILLS 24 25 26 It is the sense of Congress that— (1) title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.), prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance; (2) while such title does not cover discrimination based solely on religion, individuals who face discrimination based on actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics do not lose protection under such title for also being members of a group that share a common religion; (3) discrimination against Jews may give rise to a violation of such title when the discrimination is based on race, color, or national origin, which can include discrimination based on actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics; (4) it is the policy of the United States to enforce such title against prohibited forms of discrimination rooted in antisemitism as vigorously as against all other forms of discrimination prohibited by such title; and ..............................................................................

SEC. 6. OTHER RULES OF CONSTRUCTION. (a) GENERAL RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this Act shall be construed— (1) to expand the authority of the Secretary of Education; (2) to alter the standards pursuant to which the Department of Education makes a determination that harassing conduct amounts to actionable discrimination; or (3) to diminish or infringe upon the rights protected under any other provision of law that is in effect as of the date of enactment of this Act. (b) CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS.—Nothing in this Act shall be construed to diminish or infringe upon •HR 6090 IH VerDate Sep 11 2014 17:30 Oct 28, 2023 Jkt 049200 PO 00000 Frm 00005 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\H6090.IH H60901 6 any right protected under the First Amendment to the 2 ssavage on DSKBC07HB2PROD with BILLS Constitution of the United States.

So it's providing a DEFINITION.

AMIRITE??

Greg
Section says the the DEpt of Education shall consider antisemitism when they are evaluating discrimination under the Civil Rights Act

You’re helping usher it in, while you wipe the jizz off your chin.
I bet you still believe the stories about beheaded burned babies and multiple rapes on 10/7. All that propaganda designed to dehumanize the Palestinians works on mental midgets like you.

One would think after the numerous stories put out by state controlled media for decades designed to dehumanize the empire’s enemies all proven false, you’d catch on to the scam. Yet, you never do.

We'll see. I have more faith in the Senate than you have.
I don’t see how you could. Nearly all senators receive big donations from the Israeli lobby. They all fear Mossad and CIA. They just voted for more war spending to kill more Palestinians.

I hope the senate does the right thing, but I doubt it.

I bet you still believe the stories about beheaded burned babies and multiple rapes on 10/7. All that propaganda designed to dehumanize the Palestinians works on mental midgets like you.

One would think after the numerous stories put out by state controlled media for decades designed to dehumanize the empire’s enemies all proven false, you’d catch on to the scam. Yet, you never do.
You're suggesting that didn't happen?

You’re one sick mf’er…the fact that babies were murdered is not in dispute

The First Amendment came under a brutal attack today by nonother than its Congress.

In their panic and hysteria over losing their gaslighting war to paint ANTI-war protestors as the aggressors, they've now written a LAW dictating that to criticize the ideology and/or actions of a FOREIGN country's government, is now considered hate speech and CAN be prosecuted in American courts.

That's it folks, we're screwed...........IF this is allowed to stand.

This video explains it nicely...

WHO will stand and fight against this assault on the Constitution?

WHO will stand and fight for America?

We've had hate crime laws based on speech for decades. You can get a harsher sentence for assaulting or killing someone if you were overheard calling their race a derogatory word first.

Where have you been?

We'll see. I have more faith in the Senate than you have.

If you recall, I joined this site during that Administration, I got kicked off another popular, but now defunct board, for criticizing Bush's Administration for doing these very things.

Note: You've seen me publicly criticize the Democratic President many times. However, I don't see any criticism of Republican Presidents from Republican posters when they are in Office.

Funny that.

thats-sad-huh-01.gif
Good for you then

As far as I'm concerned anyone who attacks the 1st Amendment should be jailed. You got a problem with that?
In Europe they are arresting people for comments. Once the United States closes its last tentacles of free speech , the worldis done.

Funny that.

thats-sad-huh-01.gif
Remove the Patriot Act. And Progs expanded it.

I don’t see how you could. Nearly all senators receive big donations from the Israeli lobby. They all fear Mossad and CIA. They just voted for more war spending to kill more Palestinians.

I hope the senate does the right thing, but I doubt it.
A knee-jerk reaction from the House over the recent protests isn't all that unexpected. The Senate typically puts things more in perspective. I believe they'll face fact that placing into law the International Holocaust Rememberance Alliance (IHRA) definition of antisemitism would be un-Constitutional. Lets review:

The IHRA definition of antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, often expressed as hatred toward Jews, which includes:
  • Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews;
  • Making dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews or the power of Jews as a collective, such as the myth of a Jewish conspiracy or Jews controlling the media, economy, government, or other societal institutions;
  • Holocaust denialism;
  • Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel than to the interests of their own nation;
  • Denying the Jewish people the right to self-determination. For example, claiming the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor (anti-Zionism); and
  • Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

A knee-jerk reaction from the House over the recent protests isn't all that unexpected. The Senate typically puts things more in perspective. I believe they'll face fact that placing into law the International Holocaust Rememberance Alliance (IHRA) definition of antisemitism would be un-Constitutional. Lets review:

The IHRA definition of antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, often expressed as hatred toward Jews, which includes:
  • Making dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews or the power of Jews as a collective, such as the myth of a Jewish conspiracy or Jews controlling the media, economy, government, or other societal institutions;
  • Holocaust denialism;
  • Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel than to the interests of their own nation;
  • Denying the Jewish people the right to self-determination. For example, claiming the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor (anti-Zionism); and
House antisemitism bill is the most unconstitutional bill I've ever seen. It basically makes criticism of Israel illegal in America. And the House passed it 320-91.

Not one mainstream media article mentions that AIPAC spending $100M to buy off these politicians might be relevant in their decision making. Yeah, politicians would never be affected by that kind of money. 😉

But to be fair, if the reporters had mentioned the role of AIPAC, they might be arrested under the new law.

Also, we can criticize America anyway we like, on the right or left, but if we criticize Israel we might be arrested. In fact, if this bill passes, I might get arrested for this tweet, where I am stating indisputable facts. - Cenk Uygur

• Holocaust denialism;
It doesn’t look likely…

The US Constitution Is Another Victim of Genocide

Republican US senators are no better friends of the US Constitution than the administrators at Columbia University, Netanyahu and the Israel Lobby, the NYPD, and the whore media. For example, Senator Marsha Blackburn (R, TN) labeled as “terrorists” students who protest against Israel’s destruction of Palestine. In order to protect Israel from students protesting genocide, Blackburn wants the students added to the terrorist watch list and prohibited from flying:

“Any student who has promoted terrorism or engaged in terrorists[sic] acts on behalf of Hamas should be immediately be [sic] added to the terrorist watch list and placed on the [Transportation Security Administration] No Fly List,” Blackburn wrote on X (formerly Twitter) on Monday. The stupid US senator sees the students as acting “on behalf of Hamas” and not on the basis of their moral conscience.

Senator Rick Scott (R, FL) accuses protesting students of violating Israel’s right to commit genocide and wants the US Justice (sic) Department to investigate the students for “conspiring to violate the civil rights of a religious minority.” US senators are falling all over themselves pimping for Netanyahu’s final solution to the “Palestinian Problem.”
The US Constitution Is Another Victim of Genocide - LewRockwell

Forum List

Back