A Balanced View of Climate Change

Were already just 1.2C or so above the pre-industrial average and things are already getting bananas.
Pretend it is a train coming at us. The Train is so far away we can't hear it. Should I worry or simply keep walking down the street? These nuts act as if Climate (lasts from 30 years to many more) is roaring our way trying to destroy us. So tell them no thanks.

Pretend it is a train coming at us. The Train is so far away we can't hear it. Should I worry or simply keep walking down the street? These nuts act as if Climate (lasts from 30 years to many more) is roaring our way trying to destroy us. So tell them no thanks.
Think about being on the tracks, a train is approaching from the distance and you find that you can only move a few millimeters a year.

Think about being on the tracks, a train is approaching from the distance and you find that you can only move a few millimeters a year.
Thanks a lot for helping me make my case. Let's try that and see if it works.

The tracks is the Earth and you cannot get off it.

We are in our current situation because far too many people listened to advice like yours.
My advice is to listen to the scientists who speak the truth and are not out to cause you a lot of distress.

My advice is to listen to the scientists who speak the truth and are not out to cause you a lot of distress.
I do listen to scientists but I should hope NOT to scientists who decide what to tell me and what not based on how distressed they think I might become. The thing we're all after here is the truth and not all truths are painless.

In 2021, when the environmental advocacy group Center for Climate Integrity set out to examine air conditioning, its researchers collected information on more than 150 schools and school districts across the country. They found that in places where temperatures historically hit 80 degrees Fahrenheit at least 32 days during the academic year, the vast majority of schools already had air conditioning.

Using this as their threshold for when AC is needed, they modeled what it would cost to keep schools cool in the near future under a moderate warming scenario. Their answer: more than 13,700 public schools in the United States. that did not need air conditioning in 1970 need it today. Some have already installed it, some are working on it now and some can only dream of having enough money. The estimated cost of this huge investment exceeds $40 billion.

Paul Chinowsky, a professor emeritus of engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder who led the analysis, said it showed two distinct trends in America: Northern school districts experiencing hotter school year temperatures that are overheating classrooms and forcing closures, especially in old buildings without enough electrical capacity to run air conditioners. And Southern districts with aging cooling systems outmatched by abnormally hot weather.

Forum List

Back