$20,000 Rewards Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Reward.jpg

Yeah, Democrats are known for not thinking about it. Hows that cost of living today?
My cost of living is fine. What did you do wrong, so it is a factor with you? Of course, it is rare for me to pay as much as $3 dollars for a gallon of gas. A month ago, I bought a $579 Dollar TV for the back deck, for $427.00 and change, including tax. The Toro self-propelled, I bought, Monday regularly costs $469, but with sale, and additional discount dropped to $386.10. It had a problem. I returned it same day, getting credit at normal price, swapping it, adding two-year store warranty costing $76, walking out the door this time with a receipt showing total savings this trip $96.90, and they handed me a store card with excess money for the transactions, that I had not even spent. I used to be a purchasing guy, and was good at it. I buy intelligently, and live right. You should try it. Maybe inflation wouldn't be affecting you much, either.

Last edited:
Mine cost of living is fine. What did you do wrong, so it is a factor with you? Of course, it is rare for me to pay as much as $3 dollars for a gallon of gas. A month ago, I bought a $579 Dollar TV for the back deck, for $427.00 and change, including tax. The Toro self-propelled, I bought, Monday regularly costs $469, but with sale, and additional discount dropped to $386.10. It had a problem. I returned it same day, getting credit at normal price, swapping it, adding two-year store warranty costing $76, walking out the door this time with a receipt showing total savings this trip $96.90, and they handed me a store card with excess money for the transactions, that I had not even spent. I used to be a purchasing guy, and was good at it. I buy intelligently, and live right. You should try it. Maybe inflation wouldn't be affecting you much, either.
I have done nothing wrong, but all those Marxists/Demofascist "retired" folks who thought that Social Security was going to make their lives easier, and now Joe Bribem's inflation is making their lives a living hell. And to think you Marxists/Demofascists were "For the People". NOT.

I have done nothing wrong, but all those Marxists/Demofascist "retired" folks who thought that Social Security was going to make their lives easier, and now Joe Bribem's inflation is making their lives a living hell. And to think you Marxists/Demofascists were "For the People". NOT.
While no Marxist/Demofascist (whatever that is) I am a retired person and Social Security does life easier. This is not new. Were you thinking, all your eggs should be in one basket, so avoiding planning for your future, realistically? I know a bunch of retired folk, but none that adopted that plan. I guess if not into planning, you probably are not into other money management, like intelligent shopping either. I assure you, it is better to diversify planning of income streams and investments for retirement and planning purchasing, as if you were a business minded person, has a better likelihood of working out, keeping you inflation proof in retirement. But, failing that, bitching about 3.5% inflation, I'm sure makes you feel much better. You are obviously very young, not living through the 80s with inflation 3 times as high, and interest rates on homes in the low to mid teens. If you had been, you would know from experience this is nothing.

Mine cost of living is fine. What did you do wrong, so it is a factor with you? Of course, it is rare for me to pay as much as $3 dollars for a gallon of gas. A month ago, I bought a $579 Dollar TV for the back deck, for $427.00 and change, including tax. The Toro self-propelled, I bought, Monday regularly costs $469, but with sale, and additional discount dropped to $386.10. It had a problem. I returned it same day, getting credit at normal price, swapping it, adding two-year store warranty costing $76, walking out the door this time with a receipt showing total savings this trip $96.90, and they handed me a store card with excess money for the transactions, that I had not even spent. I used to be a purchasing guy, and was good at it. I buy intelligently, and live right. You should try it. Maybe inflation wouldn't be affecting you much, either.
Well off Democrats have this attitude....I am doing well, too bad for you. Nobody I know anywhere is paying $3 for a gallon of gas....except, amazingly, you. And who is out buying tvs in this economy when they can't afford food for the family?
I know who.....the Democrat Reich!

Well off Democrats have this attitude....I am doing well, too bad for you. Nobody I know anywhere is paying $3 for a gallon of gas....except, amazingly, you. And who is out buying tvs in this economy when they can't afford food for the family?
I know who.....the Democrat Reich!
I'm a Kroger shopper and not doing any daily commute, so do not have to fill up every few days, so always seeing discounts of 30 - 60 cents off/gallon. I planned well, worked consistent and still do. If you did and do, retirement is a sweet deal, I would recommend to anybody, as early as financially possible.

I'm a Kroger shopper and not doing any daily commute, so do not have to fill up every few days, so always seeing discounts of 30 - 60 cents off/gallon. I planned well, worked consistent and still do. If you did and do, retirement is a sweet deal, I would recommend to anybody, as early as financially possible.
I do just fine myself, but we aren't talking about just me or you, we are talking about the majority of still sane Americanss who are trying to work and make ends meet. They aren't able to take advantage of retirement just yet and this economy is killing them.

It sounds like you're saying that you have to be very smart and apply a lot of judicious decision making and look for special deals just to approach what we used to be able to get without thinking much about it. Is that about right?

I do just fine myself, but we aren't talking about just me or you, we are talking about the majority of still sane Americanss who are trying to work and make ends meet. They aren't able to take advantage of retirement just yet and this economy is killing them.
Really?
But they keep buying stuff.
The Trumpers have no issue, with buying his Chinese-made crap.
Then whine about inflation.

Donald Trump is selling Bibles for $59.99 as he ... - AP News

1714746744126.png

AP News
https://apnews.com › article › trump-god-bless-usa-bibl...

Mar 26, 2024 — Former President Donald Trump is hawking Bibles as he runs to return to the White House. The presumptive Republican nominee Tuesday released ...

Donald Trump Selling Pieces of Mugshot Suit but Read the ...

1714746848235.png
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
Dec 12, 2023 — Donald Trump is selling pieces of his mugshot suit and a dinner with him at Mar-a-Lago for $4653, but the fine print doesn't guarantee ...

Companies are using inflation to price-gouge Americans

View attachment 941477
The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com › 2024 › apr › companies...
Apr 11, 2024 — Thanks to near-monopolies in many industries, corporations are seeing record profits as consumers struggle with high prices. Thu 11 Apr 2024 ...

Naturally, teabaggers blame the "gubmint".
The companies are still paying sky-high prices for the materials they use to make the products they sell, and the fuel used to transport the materials, and the labor they have to pay higher wages for. IOW, somebody will have to bite a bullet and accept lower prices for their goods and services, hoping others will follow suit and lower his costs as well. And that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Quid Pro is saddled with this one and he can't dodge it, fair or not.

The companies are still paying sky-high prices for the materials they use to make the products they sell, and the fuel used to transport the materials, and the labor they have to pay higher wages for. IOW, somebody will have to bite a bullet and accept lower prices for their goods and services, hoping others will follow suit and lower his costs as well. And that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Quid Pro is saddled with this one and he can't dodge it, fair or not.
Sure..................

Senate Republican bill would repeal Democratic drug ...​

1714747137554.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 3678314-sen...

Oct 7, 2022 — Senate Republicans on Friday introduced a bill that would roll back the drug pricing reforms included in the sweeping Inflation Reduction ...

Really?
But they keep buying stuff.
The Trumpers have no issue, with buying his Chinese-made crap.
Then whine about inflation.

Donald Trump is selling Bibles for $59.99 as he ... - AP News

View attachment 941480
AP News
https://apnews.com › article › trump-god-bless-usa-bibl...

Mar 26, 2024 — Former President Donald Trump is hawking Bibles as he runs to return to the White House. The presumptive Republican nominee Tuesday released ...

Donald Trump Selling Pieces of Mugshot Suit but Read the ...

View attachment 941481
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
Dec 12, 2023 — Donald Trump is selling pieces of his mugshot suit and a dinner with him at Mar-a-Lago for $4653, but the fine print doesn't guarantee ...
Well, its different for you, sucking off the gubment teat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back