After a lot of consideration, USMB Staff has decided to try an alternate format for this Front Page forum. The purpose of having a Front Page Forum is to attract new eyes and views and have something fresh, informative and up to date in that spot.
Got to credit Lucy Hamilton for asking about a "Breaking News" forum, because that's what prompted this experiment. We do fine with breaking news threads in their own relevant forums right now, but it's a convenient way to give us better recruitment "advertising" on the Front Page.
So here's the outline of the "experiment". Any Poster may choose to place a "Breaking News" story in that forum SUBJECT TO the rules provided below. You don't HAVE to place such threads in THIS forum. You can still put them in appropriate forums. If there's a thread in the Home Page forum on this news flash, we MAY consolidate threads from lower forums to the Front Page forum when a story breaks -- especially if they started in another Zone2 forum. Posters should put EXTRA effort into preparing the OP. Wait 5 minutes or whatever's necessary to get adequate details. Include as much as you can. Multiple Links or Pics PREFERRED. Rules for that forum will be as follows:
1) Zone2 Rules
2) OP must be about news no older than 24 hours when posted. News can be about any broad interest subject.
3) Story must be linked to at least one major news outlet, newspaper or periodical. Other secondary links encouraged.
4) Members should include the Breaking News: prefix in front of the Title. (Admin may do this automatically for us -- so check current usage.)
5) Moderation reserves the right to move and place in a more appropriate forum. OR to move brand new threads to this Front Page forum..
6) Keep the conversations on the news topic as details comes in. Serious derailments will result in closure. And try to NOT extend the conversations much past the point where it's no longer "breaking".
Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stormy Daniels and a prominent Trump critic, has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, the Los Angeles Police Department said Wednesday. TMZ first reported Avenatti's arrest, and initially said the alleged incident involved Avenatti's estranged wife, Lisa Storie-Avenatti.
However, her attorneys issued a statement denying she was involved, and TMZissued a correction. "This article is not true as it pertains to my client. Ms. Storie-Avenatti was not subject to any such incident." Avenatti and his wife filed for divorce in 2017.
Michael Avenatti seen Wed., May 30, 2018.
Avenatti has become a fixture on cable news and is exploring a bid for president in 2020. He rose to fame as the attorney for Daniels, who was allegedly paid off to keep quiet about an affair with President Trump.
Avenatti is also the lawyer for Julie Swetnick, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct that took place decades ago. Avenatti was blamed by some Democrats for Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Senate when Swetnick walked back some of her accusations.
What is going on guys? Are they stealing an election, and like Hilary, telling America to "go f yourselves"?
Rep. Matt GaetzVerified account @RepMattGaetz
The lawyers for #BrendaSnipes will not allow comply with court order. That very same order, ruled that Snipes violated the Florida Constitution by not allowing access to these important records. I suspect the night will lead into drafting a motion for contempt...