After a lot of consideration, USMB Staff has decided to try an alternate format for this Front Page forum. The purpose of having a Front Page Forum is to attract new eyes and views and have something fresh, informative and up to date in that spot.
Got to credit Lucy Hamilton for asking about a "Breaking News" forum, because that's what prompted this experiment. We do fine with breaking news threads in their own relevant forums right now, but it's a convenient way to give us better recruitment "advertising" on the Front Page.
So here's the outline of the "experiment". Any Poster may choose to place a "Breaking News" story in that forum SUBJECT TO the rules provided below. You don't HAVE to place such threads in THIS forum. You can still put them in appropriate forums. If there's a thread in the Home Page forum on this news flash, we MAY consolidate threads from lower forums to the Front Page forum when a story breaks -- especially if they started in another Zone2 forum. Posters should put EXTRA effort into preparing the OP. Wait 5 minutes or whatever's necessary to get adequate details. Include as much as you can. Multiple Links or Pics PREFERRED. Rules for that forum will be as follows:
1) Zone2 Rules
2) OP must be about news no older than 24 hours when posted. News can be about any broad interest subject.
3) Story must be linked to at least one major news outlet, newspaper or periodical. Other secondary links encouraged.
4) Members should include the Breaking News: prefix in front of the Title. (Admin may do this automatically for us -- so check current usage.)
5) Moderation reserves the right to move and place in a more appropriate forum. OR to move brand new threads to this Front Page forum..
6) Keep the conversations on the news topic as details comes in. Serious derailments will result in closure. And try to NOT extend the conversations much past the point where it's no longer "breaking".
Looks like the Site Gurus got this fixed so that Members can post Directly to this Forum. I think it will be a good source of pertinent informative content for our Home Page forum. Go ahead and try it out..
I am standing on the sea shore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object
of beauty and I stand
and watch her until at last she
fades on the horizon.
Then someone at my side says
"There she has gone" -
Gone from my sight - that is all.
She is just as large in the mast,
hull and spars as she was
when she left my side. The
diminished size and total loss
of sight is in me and not in her,
and just at that moment when
someone by my side says
"She's gone" others on a distant
shore take up
the glad shout -
"There she comes!"
Bishop of the Philippines
1862 - 1929