Zuckerberg should be jailed

Zuckerberg should be jailed and facebook should be liquidated to pay back investors for the money that was fleeced from them.

I stopped reading here.... WTF are you going to liquidate?

It has no tangible assets to liquidate.

Smoke and mirrors, kind of like green energy. "POOF, all gone". Nothing tangible, so nothing lost, just hype..............But dam sounded good!

Zuckerberg should be jailed and facebook should be liquidated to pay back investors for the money that was fleeced from them.

The “problems” nasdaq mysteriously had in the first two hours after Facebook’s IPO, the fact that JPMorgan is one of Facebook’s underwriters and is already under investigation by the SEC, and the information contained in this article Facebook Slides Amid Roadshow Questions - WSJ.com has me absolutely convinced that the Facebook corporation in general, Zuckerberg specifically, and possibly individuals at nasdaq are guilty as heck of price manipulation at the very least.

Personally I think any investors who were conned into buying Facebook at 38 bucks a share should file a complaint with the SEC immediately! Here’s a link to the SEC website complaint form. https://tts.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html

This kind of fraud doesn’t just hurt the investors conned into buying junk stock, it undermines investor confidence, hurts the credibility of Wall Street, and costs investors so much money that it undermines the economy as a whole. I feel every American should be concerned and every American should be dedicated to stamping out this kind of blatant corruption and shameless theft.

For every Madoff that gets caught, there’s a Zuckerberg that slides by under the radar. He shouldnt get away with it this time.

you know zuckerberg didn't set the per share price for the IPO, right?

information is your friend.

Are you people really this dense?

The higher the stock price, the more rich Zuckerberg becomes. So it would be to his advantage to withhold any information about Facebook which could drive the stock price down.

Information is the investor's friend. Withholding information which affects the price point is illegal.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this, and I think that those who are bringing a law suit to the courts should have to face criminal charges for bringing frivolous law suits.

Instead of doing their due diligence and homework on Facebook, the morons decided to get caught up in the hype that was all over the media. The media was practically masturbating at the thought of one of history's largest IPO, in the hopes that they could claim a victory for Obama, but also so that they could continue their war on wall street.

People who lost their ass are embarrassed that they screwed up so publicly, and now they want to sue Facebook for their self-inflicted humiliation.

When do you begin to hold people responsible for their own actions?

When do you begin to hold people responsible for their own actions?

A similiar question: When do we hold ourselves responsible for our own actions and choices?
Which is basically what I was asking.

People are suing because they invested with their emotions and not their heads.

First rule of investing. If it feels right, stop and study it at least two more days. Then ask yourself if it still feels right. If it does, then do more research..

Repeat and rinse until you KNOW its right.....without the emotion.

The “problems” nasdaq mysteriously had in the first two hours after Facebook’s IPO, the fact that JPMorgan is one of Facebook’s underwriters and is already under investigation by the SEC, and the information contained in this article Facebook Slides Amid Roadshow Questions - WSJ.com has me absolutely convinced that the Facebook corporation in general, Zuckerberg specifically, and possibly individuals at nasdaq are guilty as heck of price manipulation at the very least.

Personally I think any investors who were conned into buying Facebook at 38 bucks a share should file a complaint with the SEC immediately! Here’s a link to the SEC website complaint form. https://tts.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html

This kind of fraud doesn’t just hurt the investors conned into buying junk stock, it undermines investor confidence, hurts the credibility of Wall Street, and costs investors so much money that it undermines the economy as a whole. I feel every American should be concerned and every American should be dedicated to stamping out this kind of blatant corruption and shameless theft.

For every Madoff that gets caught, there’s a Zuckerberg that slides by under the radar. He shouldnt get away with it this time.

You act like the Facebook IPO is some sort of freakish, once-in-a-lifetime fleecing.

There have been THOUSANDS of IPOs from long-ago defunct companies and from "paper" companies that have fleeced billions and billions of dollars from ignorant and naive investors.

Ever heard of the "dot com" bubble back when Clinton was Prez?

There are many Wall Street banks who have participated in these SCAMS for DECADES, and they all deserve to go under, except that the federal government won't let these carpetbaggers and flim-flammers fail. They bail them out, tell them to behave, then turn them loose on the rest of us, again and again and again.

Last edited:

You're comparing Zuckerberg to Madoff?

:lol:

You should know what you are doing before you invest in stocks.

Zuckerberg should be jailed and facebook should be liquidated...

Wait a second, are you saying our government regulators were not able to ensure rainbows and sunshine for everybody? Well! I say increased funding and more regulations will ensure this never happens again! :eek:

There is risk associated with every investment. It is illogical to expect an equal dissemination of information if not a violation of free speech rights.

Since you've already convicted this man, explain exactly how he manipulated the price of the IPO in such a way that others were harmed.

The first part of this post..I'll agree with..

The second is a little dodgy. There are all sorts of rules regarding insider trading.

But, from where I sit..so far..it seems Zuckerberg didn't do anything wrong..and alot of people are screaming "sour grapes" because they bought stock for the first time.

Most IPOs dip after a few days. It's pretty foolish to buy until you give them a little time.

I've been thinking about this, and I think that those who are bringing a law suit to the courts should have to face criminal charges for bringing frivolous law suits.

You've been thinking about this, eh?

If Zuckerburg and the underwriters withheld negative earnings information, you realize that is grounds for a lawsuit, right?

Right?

You act like the Facebook IPO is some sort of freakish, once-in-a-lifetime fleecing.

There have been THOUSANDS of IPOs from long-ago defunct companies and from "paper" companies that have fleeced billions and billions of dollars from ignorant and naive investors.

Ever heard of the "dot com" bubble back when Clinton was Prez?

There are many Wall Street banks who have participated in these SCAMS for DECADES, and they all deserve to go under, except that the federal government won't let these carpetbaggers and flim-flammers fail. They bail them out, tell them to behave, then turn them loose on the rest of us, again and again and again.

Well those afore mentioned corporations pretty much run our govt so what do you expect?

People that bought shares in a corporation that has no real revenue stream are not too bright anyway.

Facebook has several revenue streams.

It's a reasonably sound company.

And most IPOs dip after a few weeks, once the excitement dies down.

How many companies can you count that have a P/E of 100?

P/E is only part of the story.

And this is a relatively new "field"..it's tough to know how certain things are going to pan out.

Three investors sued Facebook and chief executive Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday, along with lead underwriter Morgan Stanley and a host of other underwriters, accusing them of withholding negative information about the social network's initial public offering.

"It appears as though material information was not disclosed," said Robert Weiser, one of the plaintiff lawyers in the class action suit. "We believe that the offering was conducted unfairly and it harmed public stockholders."

The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan.

According to a report published by Reuters, Morgan Stanley (MS, Fortune 500) shared a negative assessment of the social network with major clients ahead of Facebook's (FB) IPO, which debuted last week.

The lawsuit states that "certain of the underwriter defendants" were given estimates for how Facebook would perform in the second quarter and for the full year.

The "revisions were material information which was not shared with all Facebook investors, but rather, was selectively disclosed by defendants to certain preferred investors and omitted from the registration statement and/or prospectus," the plaintiffs claim.

Investors file lawsuit against Facebook, Morgan Stanley - May. 23, 2012

morgan stanley is screwed.

but why did tommy 'like' your post? i thought rightwingnuts hate regulations and think 'business' should be able to do anything it wants.

Perhaps you should think less then, Because you seem to think like a Far left Loon who Pigeon Holes everyone to the Right of her into Groups and Makes assumptions about what they think based on what you believe they think.

lol

Only Morons think we need no Regulations, and only bigger morons lump anyone who thinks regulations can and do get out of hand and cause harm into a group and call them "wingnuts who hate Regulations and think business should be able to do what ever it wants"

You've been thinking about this, eh?

If Zuckerburg and the underwriters withheld negative earnings information, you realize that is grounds for a lawsuit, right?

Right?
You have proof?

Because, all I see is slanderous accusations.

What did he allegedly do that was wrong or criminal? It's not like he needed the money or had no money. What was wrong with $38 per share, doesn't the "free market" drive the prices up or down???

Forum List

Back