CDZ Zuckerberg Calls for a Universal Basic Income

I was simply giving examples of businesses with no employees.

The robots I am referring to with Strong AI are not on the market yet so how can they be all robotic?

Then you are giving irrelevant examples.

The robots I am referring to with Strong AI are not on the market yet so how can they be all robotic?

How when I specifically answered your question?

Not only is it entirely plausible to run a company with absolutely ZERO employees due to non Strong AI automation, but it will be the norm once Strong AI androids hit the market.

We cant get rid of money, silly, how else would the government tax us?
But if it's free it doesn't cost anything right?
No, but the corporations that have replaced human labor with robotic labor will be making such windfall profits, they will be able to shoulder the entire burden while still making record profits.
We are a very long way from all human labor being automated

ALL human labor, yes. But a substantial amount of labor, maybe not that long. Enough to be a problem sooner than some think, yeah I'd say so. Consider how much automation and computerization has already cut into human labor in recent decades.

It really hasn't

Tell me where do you do business that there are no people employed?
Now tell me if there was a business that had no people to interact with would you really want to do business there?

We are in no immediate danger of having all jobs disappear because of automation.

Nobody is saying that ALL jobs will disappear. However, quite a few have already and more to come. To deny that is to deny reality. Consider:

" The effect on labor markets of free-trade agreements and increased immigration has already caused significant political upheaval, as the resurgence of populism in the U.S. and Europe demonstrates. But some economists believe that the world is on the cusp of much bigger change, on the scale of the revolution brought about by industrialization in the 18th and 19th centuries. Researchers at the University of Oxford estimate that nearly half of all U.S. jobs may be at risk in the coming decades, with lower-paid occupations among the most vulnerable. "

Search Here And See If Your Job Is Going To Die

But if it's free it doesn't cost anything right?
No, but the corporations that have replaced human labor with robotic labor will be making such windfall profits, they will be able to shoulder the entire burden while still making record profits.

ALL human labor, yes. But a substantial amount of labor, maybe not that long. Enough to be a problem sooner than some think, yeah I'd say so. Consider how much automation and computerization has already cut into human labor in recent decades.

It really hasn't

Now tell me if there was a business that had no people to interact with would you really want to do business there?

We are in no immediate danger of having all jobs disappear because of automation.

Nobody is saying that ALL jobs will disappear. However, quite a few have already and more to come. To deny that is to deny reality. Consider:

" The effect on labor markets of free-trade agreements and increased immigration has already caused significant political upheaval, as the resurgence of populism in the U.S. and Europe demonstrates. But some economists believe that the world is on the cusp of much bigger change, on the scale of the revolution brought about by industrialization in the 18th and 19th centuries. Researchers at the University of Oxford estimate that nearly half of all U.S. jobs may be at risk in the coming decades, with lower-paid occupations among the most vulnerable. "

Robots will transform, not replace, human work

How when I specifically answered your question?

Not only is it entirely plausible to run a company with absolutely ZERO employees due to non Strong AI automation, but it will be the norm once Strong AI androids hit the market.

YEah OK and a "strong AI" android is only going to cost 2000 dollars

This analysis is not taking into consideration Strong AI androids that are wirelessly connected to each other and to even more capable main frames elsewhere.

An android will be able to download any skill he needs and will be very capable of solving problems better than the average person.

And no career field is excluded from painters, to lawyers and doctors and POLITICIANS.

lol

It really hasn't

Robots will transform, not replace, human work

From your link:

Jobs lost: 22.7 million

Automation will displace 22.7 million US jobs by 2025. This equates to a job loss of 16% between 2015 and 2025.
  • To create this forecast, we used the top-level job categories tracked by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. In our model, we built on the expert consensus that 2020 is the year when driverless cars will begin to take off — accelerating the cannibalisation of job categories with high physical task components, such as construction, production, office support and sales.

Jobs created: 13.6 million
On the flip side, automation will create 13.6 million new jobs in the next decade. Automationwill create jobs equivalent to 9% of the workforce in 2025. Those are new jobs that wouldn't exist otherwise. For every 10 jobs cannibalised by automation, one new job is created in software, engineering, design, maintenance, support, training or other work area.

Sure. We're in the future now. Robots FINALLY came. They are 50 years late, but who's counting. I realized last year in 2017 that we're now in The Future, as of, I think, 2016. Big disjunct, a leap forward that has little continuity with the past.

None have solved simple poverty to date. Next question.[/QUOTE
/——/ hard work, education and smart money management solves poverty 100% of the time.
dude; corporate welfare recipients could even afford to hire entire departments to help them conform to rational choice theory or fill out corporate welfare forms in triplicate, as necessary.
/——-/ Ahhhhh Communist make work projects where people pretend to work and the gubmint pretends to pay them.
we have actual infrastructure that needs to be upgraded.
/——/ I thought Obozo fixed all the shovel ready jobs with his trillion dollar stimulus
the right wing had nothing but repeal.

Go to table 2.1, they show corporate income tax in 2016 was $299.57 billion.

That is not all corporate taxes paid.Cant you grasp what you read?

Including excise taxes and dividing that by the income tax rate is multiplying your error.

No, it was not as I was looking at total taxes paid at all levels of government and which is 7.5% of corporate profits.

$2.16 trillion profit before tax in 2016.

Lol, horse shit, that is only their profit subject to federal taxation that they report.

Private industry wages running about $7 trillion a year in 2017.

I was not looking for total wages but total COSTS FOR LABOR which is much different, dude.

This is the last time I am going to respond to your insulting arrogant bile.

Welcome to my ignore list dude.

That is not all corporate taxes paid.

Obviously.

Cant you grasp what you read?

Yes. I grasped your confusion and tried to show you the correct info.

I was not looking for total wages but total COSTS FOR LABOR which is much different, dude.

Yes, I love that your total costs for labor were over $30 trillion.

This is the last time I am going to respond to your insulting arrogant bile.

Run away, silly.

Last edited:
Sure. We're in the future now. Robots FINALLY came. They are 50 years late, but who's counting. I realized last year in 2017 that we're now in The Future, as of, I think, 2016. Big disjunct, a leap forward that has little continuity with the past.

And we have flying cars and lazer guns too!

:D

Another Heinlein lover, I see. :) I guess we do have laser guns if those little red dots count (they should count). But flying cars? If you mean drones.......hmmmmm, close, but I insist that they have to be able to carry the Jetsons around.

dude; corporate welfare recipients could even afford to hire entire departments to help them conform to rational choice theory or fill out corporate welfare forms in triplicate, as necessary.
/——-/ Ahhhhh Communist make work projects where people pretend to work and the gubmint pretends to pay them.
we have actual infrastructure that needs to be upgraded.
/——/ I thought Obozo fixed all the shovel ready jobs with his trillion dollar stimulus
the right wing had nothing but repeal.
/----/ I wish we had repeal but the RINOs killed that one.

And we have flying cars and lazer guns too!

:D

Another Heinlein lover, I see. :) I guess we do have laser guns if those little red dots count (they should count). But flying cars? If you mean drones.......hmmmmm, close, but I insist that they have to be able to carry the Jetsons around.
Did you follow the links?

This analysis is not taking into consideration Strong AI androids that are wirelessly connected to each other and to even more capable main frames elsewhere.

An android will be able to download any skill he needs and will be very capable of solving problems better than the average person.

And no career field is excluded from painters, to lawyers and doctors and POLITICIANS.

lol

Yeah I won't hold my breath.

Alibaba's AI Outguns Humans in Reading Test

Alibaba has developed an artificial intelligence model that scored better than humans in a Stanford University reading and comprehension test.

Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. put its deep neural network model through its paces last week, asking the AI to provide exact answers to more than 100,000 questions comprising a quiz that’s considered one of the world’s most authoritative machine-reading gauges. The model developed by Alibaba’s Institute of Data Science of Technologies scored 82.44, edging past the 82.304 that rival humans achieved.

Alibaba said it’s the first time a machine has out-done a real person in such a contest. Microsoft achieved a similar feat, scoring 82.650 on the same test, but those results were finalized a day after Alibaba’s, the company said.​

And just how much do you think the android that can do everything a person can do will cost?
The InMoov android will cost about $1500 and will be fully capable of doing anything a human being can do with the correct software.

Forum List

Back