zoning laws used to keep out fundamentalist chicken.

Will the Republicans do something important with this like take up a measure to change the name to Freedom Chicken?

no, we'll buy and eat the chik fil A cause it's delicious and we won't even mind you having a temper tantrum about it.

Oh yeah, I'm steaming mad about it....Order two with extra mayonnaise and bacon to really get me upset with you fat ass

run tell meister that I negged you ya hear? :lol::lol::lol:

As many people are aware, US zoning laws have been an area where prejudice and bigotry can be used to keep out legitimate business and organizations. Fundamentalist christian forces have been using zoning to keep legitimate gay establishments, and other religions from entering their town. No complaint has really come from the republicans and churches as zoning laws have allowed people to vote against things in their neighborhood, and allow prejudice a foothold in our government.

It seems that some people are now getting smart and using the loophole that allows religion and prejudice to influence our neighborhoods to deny christians from entering neighborhoods. Some may have read about the local pastor who had his home church group banned for blocking the streets of a residential neighborhood and violating local zoning ordinances against using residential property for religious worship by large groups. Well now 2 cities have used their laws to ban the presence of bigoted homophopbic activist chicken sales by chick fillet from entering their markets. I wonder how the right will react?

Of course there will be protests and whining because their loopholes for prejudice will be used against them to deny their businesses from using big markets to get money to fund their fundie ideals and harass others. Perhaps we will get lucky and they will pass some laws that prevent prejudice from hindering business and legitimate places like mosques based on zoning laws that are applied with prejudice on organizations that are legitimate and should not be pe3rsecuted by neighborhoods.

So what do you think, are chicago and boston right in not allowing businesses that don't represent their ideals just like towns are allowed to ban gay establishments and other places, or are the zoning laws in need of a change to disallow the law to be applied differently depending on which groups are found to be offensive? Will the right wing propaganda people agree that they are out of line in using these laws to discriminate, or will they whine because their own loophole was used against them like the hypocrites we know they are?

A business may not discriminate against the public. The owners of that business may be as prejudiced as they please so long as it does not trickle down to the customers.

I may be a prejudiced as I please, for whatever reason I please so long as my beliefs do not actually harm anyone . I will not be eating at those restaurants.

no, we'll buy and eat the chik fil A cause it's delicious and we won't even mind you having a temper tantrum about it.

Oh yeah, I'm steaming mad about it....Order two with extra mayonnaise and bacon to really get me upset with you fat ass

Why would I do that...I'm too busy being mad at your chick fil a order rabble rabble...make sure to eat all the waffle fries and I'll be really angry fat ass

Gays will control the very opinions you are permitted to have!

This is pretty frightening. Should you be fired from gay friendly company if you privately hold the opinion they are full of crap, but do your job well? If a company known to be democrat fails to promote someone they know has voted republican should they be fired?

It's right on the mark, because gays went around California demanding that everyone who donated to Prop 8 be fired and many were.

Protest should be met with equal protest. Why no one is fighting back against this kind of tyranny is simply mystifying.

Wow!! All I can say is I find it repulsive that a person that stands for the values he believes is belittled and boycotted.

We all know how important values are to the Mayors of Chicago and Boston...........:lol:

Truett Cathy has given more to charitable organizations than Obama could ever dream of. He is a Christian and lives his life with Christian values, his business hires people that can do the job they are hired to do, they don't care what color, what religion or what their sexual preference is. Keep in mind, there is more to Chick-fil-a than chicken.

Why would I do that...I'm too busy being mad at your chick fil a order rabble rabble...make sure to eat all the waffle fries and I'll be really angry fat ass

run tell meister that I negged you ya hear? you pansy assed whiney liberal.

No fundamentalist chicken in Chicago!

Grab your torches, comrades & convicts!

What on earth is a "Legitimate gay establishment"?

Since when are businesses classified as gay and straight?

So, I asked this in the other thread...

has Chicago boycotted Farrakhan for being anti-homo?

Because of course, he is...

What on earth is a "Legitimate gay establishment"?

Since when are businesses classified as gay and straight?

Liberals are the true dividers, they love to do this stuff, like I said you're with em or against them. So I take it all these liberals hit the gay bars?

anti-joke-chicken-meme-generator-why-did-the-chicken-cross-the-road-to-avoid-religious-persecution-a8e70e.jpg

Banning a chain of businesses because the CEO is a dimwit is wrong, these businesses create jobs. Jobs are a necessity.

Forum List

Back