Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
Media Malpractice Zogby Poll Results

Zogby Poll

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)- MY FAVORITE

71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

This dvd was put together pretty well, I suggest people get a copy, might be out on youtube by now, shows what most of the intelligent people here already know, how in the tank the media was.

Breitbart.tv » ‘Media Malpractice’: Documentary Reveals How Little Obama Voters Knew About Issues

shows some clips

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15829.html

another interesting piece
Pollster John Zogby has rejected a conservative commentator’s offer to sponsor a poll to test the knowledge of people who voted for John McCain.

The commentator was proposing to mirror a poll of Obama voters that caused a political uproar when it suggested that Obama supporters didn’t know what they were voting for.

John Ziegler, a Burbank-based documentary filmmaker, had commissioned the poll of 512 Obama voters. The results delighted the right and inflamed the left, drawing widespread coverage on the Web, cable news and radio.

Zogby International said in its summary of the results: “Just 2 percent of voters who supported Barack Obama on Election Day obtained perfect or near-perfect scores on a post-election test which gauged their knowledge of statements and scandals associated with the presidential tickets during the campaign, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.”

Last edited:

Zogby Poll

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)- MY FAVORITE

71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

This dvd was put together pretty well, I suggest people get a copy, might be out on youtube by now, shows what most of the intelligent people here already know, how in the tank the media was.

Breitbart.tv » ‘Media Malpractice’: Documentary Reveals How Little Obama Voters Knew About Issues

shows some clips

Push polling is just spreading propaganda and lies. It is done by the filthy christian fascist neo cons. Anyone that calls this "pole" just a standard political pole is a liar.

and its not push polling you tard, it was a legitimate poll not done on the web.

However, you can dismiss it just because the outcome doesn't benefit your leftist ways

now shush before you anger me

Zogby Poll

And yet.....

shows some clips

Push polling is just spreading propaganda and lies. It is done by the filthy christian fascist neo cons. Anyone that calls this "pole" just a standard political pole is a liar.

It's been posted a lot of times on different message boards as well. Extremely outdated in internet years. Irrelevant even a year ago.

Look at what happened as a result of pushpolling and other smear tactics such as this one. Obama won an electoral landslide and did very well in the popular vote.

Rs will never learn.

from zogby

We stand by the results our survey work on behalf of John Ziegler, as we stand by all of our work. We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. It was a legitimate effort to test the knowledge of voters who cast ballots for Barack Obama in the Nov. 4 election. Push polls are a malicious effort to sway public opinion one way or the other, while message and knowledge testing is quite another effort of public opinion research that is legitimate inquiry and has value in the public square. In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election. The client is free to draw his own conclusions about the research, as are bloggers and other members of society. But Zogby International is a neutral party in this matter. We were hired to test public opinion on a particular subject and with no ax to grind, that's exactly what we did. We don't have to agree or disagree with the questions, we simply ask them and provide the client with a fair and accurate set of data reflecting public opinion." - John Zogby

Zogby was willing to do the poll on the right but backed down due to pressure from the left...

and the results were released after the election so there was nothing to sway

my god

WHO ARE ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE!

I leave for 6 weeks and the left cooks come from the woods.

GUNNY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

and its not push polling you tard, it was a legitimate poll not done on the web.

However, you can dismiss it just because the outcome doesn't benefit your leftist ways

You are a punks punk. It is clearly a push pole. Do you even know what that means?

If you are angry what happens? God you people are pathetic.

from zogby

We stand by the results our survey work on behalf of John Ziegler, as we stand by all of our work. We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. It was a legitimate effort to test the knowledge of voters who cast ballots for Barack Obama in the Nov. 4 election. Push polls are a malicious effort to sway public opinion one way or the other, while message and knowledge testing is quite another effort of public opinion research that is legitimate inquiry and has value in the public square. In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election. The client is free to draw his own conclusions about the research, as are bloggers and other members of society. But Zogby International is a neutral party in this matter. We were hired to test public opinion on a particular subject and with no ax to grind, that's exactly what we did. We don't have to agree or disagree with the questions, we simply ask them and provide the client with a fair and accurate set of data reflecting public opinion." - John Zogby

Zogby was willing to do the poll on the right but backed down due to pressure from the left...

my god

GUNNY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Dem Dim Dems can't bs the troops,, we have those people on film answering those questions and they were all DUmb as dirt.. hell some of em thought Palin was VP on the obamalama ticket.. Idiots.. :lol:

from zogby

my god

GUNNY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Well, I'm not exactly a great cook but I have other qualities.

yes, I know what push polling is you brain dead zombie.

However,

a simple question such as

"Which political party controlls congress"

Isn't push polling! No one is being swayed or influenced or the question isn't fucking misleading is it?

Keep living in your fantasy world

Thanks for the post, it is obvious, liberals rarely state facts, they vote with emotion, pay little attention to what's happening in the real world and seem to care only about social issues, such as gay marriage and abortion.

However,

Isn't push polling! No one is being swayed or influenced or the question isn't fucking misleading is it?

Why I gotta be the brain dean zombie? My world is real enough thank you.

"Which political party controlls congress" is the ONLY question on that poll that resembles an honest inquiry. Yet it still asks a question akin to "when did you stop beating your wife?"

The simple answer should be democrats as of the last election cycle. But not so fast, the cons threaten fillibuster so nothing happened. Ask the same question after 2010 and I think there will be no ambiguity.

The cons still lie "liberal media" while 90% of talk radio is controlled by right wing pundits. The television media is owned outright by the same people that sell weapons and promote outsourcing of american jobs.

The real problem is lying. The real problem is that the cons have lied so often for so long that they don't know the difference any more.

However,

"Which political party controlls congress" is the ONLY question on that poll that resembles an honest inquiry. Yet it still asks a question akin to "when did you stop beating your wife?"

The simple answer should be democrats as of the last election cycle. But not so fast, the cons threaten fillibuster so nothing happened. Ask the same question after 2010 and I think there will be no ambiguity.

The cons still lie "liberal media" while 90% of talk radio is controlled by right wing pundits. The television media is owned outright by the same people that sell weapons and promote outsourcing of american jobs.

The real problem is lying. The real problem is that the cons have lied so often for so long that they don't know the difference any more.

did you really just try to compare radio influence to TV influence?

You are right, you are not a brain dead zombie...that would be an insult to all the brain dead zombies in the world.

lol, filibuster, you're a fucking idiot.

The question is simple,who controls congress, and for the most part they didn't know it.

However, they did know about Palin's daughter and clothes....just shows how awful the media coverage was.

However,

They didn't poll McCain supporters in a similar manner so there are no meaningful comparative conclusions that can be drawn.

they wanted too but zogby backed down due to political pressure from the left which he stated....i watched the documentary and he actually did do the poll on mccain supporters with another polling source who did it and it was substantially higher

All you are going to get from these Librons is "It's a lie". The have no proof to back up their wild rabid accusation other than it doesn't suit their agenda. As far as I am concerned their claims are just personal opinion, nothing more. Until they come up with verifiable proof the poll is skewed it stands correct as posted.
gb

However,

dude, do YOU know what a push poll is?
i dont believe you do

Zogby Poll

And yet.....

shows some clips

It's been posted a lot of times on different message boards as well. Extremely outdated in internet years. Irrelevant even a year ago.

Look at what happened as a result of pushpolling and other smear tactics such as this one. Obama won an electoral landslide and did very well in the popular vote.

Rs will never learn.
sarah g the moron

this was NOT a push poll

Andrew, a push poll doesn't mean it's done on the web. It means the responses are intentionally skewed based on improper questions.

And, if I'm not mistaken, that push poll that you posted has already been shown for the silliness it was.

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Zogby Engages in Apparent Push Polling for Right-Wing Website

fwiw, nate silver, the guy who got the presidential election down to the tenth of a point calls Zogby "the worst pollster in the world".

However,

It is push polling. Here is a perfect example of a "question" you posted in the "poll."

"56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing)."

Obama's formal kick-off to announce his run for state senate was at the Hyde Park Ramada Inn on Sept. 19, 1995, so this is a classic push poll question. FALSE information is presented and conveyed in the FORM of a question.

Weasel your way out of that one, Slick!!

Forum List

Back