Zogby: McCain within 2.7 of Obama

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Zogby International

I have to say, I don't trust Zogby. His polls are erratic and with the debacle of the 2004 election, where he predicted a massive Kerry landslide, I don't trust him.

Look for a siren and bold, red, writing on drudge.

Zogby International

I have to say, I don't trust Zogby. His polls are erratic and with the debacle of the 2004 election, where he predicted a massive Kerry landslide, I don't trust him.

How big did Zogby say Kerry would win? Why do you trust any polls? Look at New Hampshire? Ob was supposed to clean house there and Hillary beat him.

Polls are bullshit, But isn't it funny that Davids will believe the ones that tell him what he wants to hear.

I don't believe individual polls, I believe in polls that show a clear trend. For what it's worth, I don't buy the 14-point lead Newsweek gave Obama nor do I buy the 10 points the New York Times gave him. I think it's about a 6 point race right now and could tighten before the election.

This election will be a landslide in the electorial college, not in the %'s. Bush Sr. won against Dukakas 53-45, but won the electoral college 426-111.

Last edited:
On Election eve we will see all the pols come back to dead heat or within the margin of error for either candidate. And unless either candidate is found with a live girl or a dead boy in their bed, that won't change.

I don't believe individual polls, I believe in polls that show a clear trend. For what it's worth, I don't buy the 14-point lead Newsweek gave Obama nor do I buy the 10 points the New York Times gave him. I think it's about a 6 point race right now and could tighten before the election.

This election will be a landslide in the electorial college, not in the %'s. Bush Sr. won against Dukakas 53-45, but won the electoral college 426-111.

The trend on RCP has turned slightly for McCain. The average is now down to Obama+5.

Zogby International

Posting national polls has been fun, but at this point in the campaign the only thing that matters is EC votes.

If obama wanted to try to run his national poll number up to ten points he'd been campaigning in New York state and California. At this point, he doesn't care if he wins by 2 percent nationally, or eight percent. That has no bearing on the EC vote total.

The EC is getting more and more out of reach for McCain. The fact that Obama is campaigning in North Carolina, Virginia, and Indiana tells you all you need to know about the state of the race. And McCain is trying to defend red states.

Posting national polls has been fun, but at this point in the campaign the only thing that matters is EC votes.

If obama wanted to try to run his national poll number up to ten points he'd been campaigning in New York state and California. At this point, he doesn't care if he wins by 2 percent nationally, or eight percent. That has no bearing on the EC vote total.

The EC is getting more and more out of reach for McCain. The fact that Obama is campaigning in North Carolina, Virginia, and Indiana tells you all you need to know about the state of the race. And McCain is trying to defend red states.

Had to happen sometime, we agree. OTOH, the only poll and electoral count that matters will be 11/4 and after.

I would venture to say that a full third to a half of voters arent being picked up in the polls... #1. cell phones..#2. Only likely voters are being picked up. #3. New enrollees rarely show up in the poll numbers...

This is going to be an Obama landslide... I would even venture to say that SC could be in play ....

New Topics

Forum List

Back