Zogby: Bush Approval Dips to 34 Percent

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
President Bush’s job approval rating dipped two points in the last three weeks, despite the foiling of an airline terror plot and the adoption of a cease–fire deal between Israel and Hezbollah forces in Lebanon, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

The survey was conducted Aug. 11–15, 2006, included 1,018 respondents, and carries a margin of error of +/– 3.1 percentage points.

The numbers continue to reflect erosion in the President’s political base – just 62 percent of Republicans give him positive marks for his job performance, while 38 percent give him negative marks. Even among weekly WalMart shoppers – a demographic group identified by Pollster John Zogby as a critical support group for Bush – :wtf: (is THAT suppose to mean????) just 45 percent now give him positive job marks, though his numbers among those shoppers have improved 10 points since early June.

More than three out of four – 76 percent – of weekly WalMart shoppers voted for Bush over Democrat John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, earlier Zogby polling showed.

Among both conservatives and those who consider themselves very conservative, 59 percent give him positive marks, while 41 percent in each group gave him a negative job rating.

One third of respondents – 34 percent – said that, overall, the nation is headed in the right direction, while 59 percent said they think things are off on the wrong track.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/16/170016.shtml?s=ic

:rotflmao: :cow: :cow:

I'm wondering why the poll would be a source of amusement to you. If I were you, it might concern me that only 1/3 of the population sees the world the same way as I.

Oh Please...

Zogby is so biased...
And I don't give a rats ass, what the rest of the world thinks about me...

Funny how we're so hated, yet a lot of people want to come here and live...Hmmmmmm

Oh Please...

Zogby is so biased...

Funny how we're so hated, yet a lot of people want to come here and live...Hmmmmmm

Now Zogby is biased?!?!?! RAFLMAO!

Well, take your pick...he isn't doing so very differently in any other poll (and be aware of the dates reflected by the polls.

http://pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

It's not about what the rest of the world thinks about you. I asked why the laugh because you're so painfully out of the mainstream.

And we aren't the pre-eminent immigration destination anymore, we're number four behind Australia, Canada and the UK.

http://www.mymigration.net/statistics.htm

Now Zogby is biased?!?!?! RAFLMAO!

Well, take your pick...he isn't doing so very differently in any other poll (and be aware of the dates reflected by the polls.

http://pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

It's not about what the rest of the world thinks about you. I asked why the laugh because you're so painfully out of the mainstream.

And we aren't the pre-eminent immigration destination anymore, we're number four behind Australia, Canada and the UK.

http://www.mymigration.net/statistics.htm

Sorry my dear...
But you're the one who is so PAINFULLY out of the mainstream...

And I'm actually glad we're lagging in fourth place, for the time being I think we have enough immigrants here.......20mil of them illegal...

I really don't care what the poll says, President Bush isn't running again..
I posted it mainly, for the snide little remark about all the Walmart shoppers, who generally voted for President Bush....
Even among weekly WalMart shoppers – a demographic group identified by Pollster John Zogby as a critical support group for Bush –

More than three out of four – 76 percent – of weekly WalMart shoppers voted for Bush over Democrat John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, earlier Zogby polling showed.

I never heard Zogby quote in a poll that all the people who supported Kerry or Gore say, even those who shopped at Chanel, or Neiman Marcus, as a critical support group for them...

Such an elitist, look down your noses, at people who shop at Walmart, and my take on his snide remark.

He's implying those back woods, not so smart, not educated hillbillies, who can only afford to shop at Walmart, voted for President Bush...

But what else would you expect, from a bunch of stuck up, snobs...
:gang1:

Sorry my dear...
But you're the one who is so PAINFULLY out of the mainstream...

And I'm actually glad we're lagging in fourth place, for the time being I think we have enough immigrants here.......20mil of them illegal...

I really don't care what the poll says, President Bush isn't running again..
I posted it mainly, for the snide little remark about all the Walmart shoppers, who generally voted for President Bush....

It's so lovely to see people who live in a country of immigrants suddenly complaining about other immigrants. Pretty funny. But you're the one who brought up the whole "if they hate us, why do they come here" thing... not me. Do pick an argument and stick with it, please, luv.

As for Bush... no, he's not running again. But the poll pretty well shows that all the stuff you guys pushed for the past 6 years has been pretty well rejected by the rest of the country.

I never heard Zogby quote in a poll that all the people who supported Kerry or Gore say, even those who shopped at Chanel, or Neiman Marcus, as a critical support group for them...

Such an elitist, look down your noses, at people who shop at Walmart, and my take on his snide remark.

He's implying those back woods, not so smart, not educated hillbillies, who can only afford to shop at Walmart, voted for President Bush...

But what else would you expect, from a bunch of stuck up, snobs...
:gang1:

Ahhhhhhhh..... so that's what bothers you. You see Wal-Mart shopper, not as a democgraphic, but as an insult to "red necks". That's really funny, since I'd have never said that... last time we were in Wal-Mart, we were there with another couple, husband and wife doctors... so much for the red-neck thing. And who is the elitist, look down your nose person?

Answer...go read your posts ;)

As for the Neiman Marcus thing... .there isn't a Neiman Marcus demographic in terms of sheer numbers (I sure don't shop there. You?) as there is at Wal-Mart. Not a bad demographic to have as a politician, btw. If I had to choose between the two for my votes, I'd pick the Wal-Mart folk for my votes and the Neiman Marcus folks for my money.... I figure Bush got BOTH those demographics last time around.

So don't get het up over the silly stuff.... gotta look at the big picture.

Oh yeah.... that picture is kinda bleak for you guys right now. I understand. :gang1:

Oh Please...

Zogby is so biased...

Jilly may be the answer to the immigration problem we ahve in the US.

We send Jilly and her liberal buds to Mexico for a few months, they tell the people of Mexico what a rotten country the US is, and then nobody would want to come here.

Jilly may be the answer to the immigration problem we ahve in the US.

We send Jilly and her liberal buds to Mexico for a few months, they tell the people of Mexico what a rotten country the US is, and then nobody would want to come here.

Where has Jillian claimed the US is rotten?

Having a different perspective on political ideolgy does not equate with having a perspective that the US is rotten.

Where has Jillian claimed the US is rotten?

Having a different perspective on political ideolgy does not equate with having a perspective that the US is rotten.

If you listen to the way libs describe the way things are in the US - what other conclusion can one come to?

What other conclusion? How about ... the administration is screwing up and we need a new one before they DO screw this place up beyond recognition?

That's a good starting point. :mm:

I would like the Dems tell us what they would do. So far all I have heard is "We Hate Bush" and nothing else.

When Dems are asked direct questions they dance around and fall back on the DNC talking points

I'm wondering why the poll would be a source of amusement to you. If I were you, it might concern me that only 1/3 of the population sees the world the same way as I.

Has it ever occured to you liberals that just because someone doesn't approve of Bush doesn't mean they are suddenly liberal or have anywhere near the same political tastes as you Bush haters? I disapprove of Bush too for various reasons. You think that means that I'm part of "two-thirds" of people that see the world the same anti-Bush way? Please. I'd still vote for him over Kerry in a heartbeat, and I still think alot of what he does for the war against Islam is right on. But I feel he doesn't go far enough, and isn't willing to do the 'dirty' things necessary because of screaming rabid liberals that do everything to protect terrorists.

A lot of times people, left or right, bitch not about the country, but the way the country is headed. What's wrong with that? :thewave:

Nothing, but I would like the Dems tell us what they would do. So far all I have heard is "We Hate Bush" and nothing else.

When Dems are asked direct questions they dance around and fall back on the DNC talking points

What other conclusion? How about ... the administration is screwing up and we need a new one before they DO screw this place up beyond recognition?

That's a good starting point. :mm:

Ah Jillian, you are not listening. Many of us disagree with some of the things Bush is doing, but not because we think the Democrats would do better, in fact because he is leaning too far in their direction.

Forum List

Back