Zipped lips...

were they cooked at a restaurant or someone's home?
a restaurant here at a rib place in Ft Lauderdale

Love ribs, it takes me six hours to smoke and cook mine. They fall of the bone and the flavor melts in your mouth.
i am horrible at ribs but i need to try again with my green mountain pellet smoker. that does make this much easier.

I have a Louisiana Pellet Grill, it’s great! It makes the ribs so much better. I use a mustard, apple juice, and Worcester mix and coat the ribs, stick them on the grill at 225 for 3 hours, then put them in tin foil with apple juice and drizzle on the honey, cook them at 225 for 2 hours, then the trick is to get them out of the foil without them falling apart, coat them with your favorite BBQ sauce and let them cook a final hour at 225. They are incredible.
damn that sounds friggin delicious.

It is the best ribs, I don't go out for ribs or steaks anymore, I prefer what the grill makes, it is so easy. It can make jerky, awesome wings, brisket, roasts and everyone thinks it's me and it is the damn pellet grill.

Love ribs, it takes me six hours to smoke and cook mine. They fall of the bone and the flavor melts in your mouth.
i am horrible at ribs but i need to try again with my green mountain pellet smoker. that does make this much easier.

I have a Louisiana Pellet Grill, it’s great! It makes the ribs so much better. I use a mustard, apple juice, and Worcester mix and coat the ribs, stick them on the grill at 225 for 3 hours, then put them in tin foil with apple juice and drizzle on the honey, cook them at 225 for 2 hours, then the trick is to get them out of the foil without them falling apart, coat them with your favorite BBQ sauce and let them cook a final hour at 225. They are incredible.
you know where that guy lives?? I'd like to visit the next time he does ribs
Right? he likes to do brisket and turkeys more than ribs though.
I like my steaks pittsburg style Black on the outside rare on the inside some call that black and blue

I like my steaks pittsburg style Black on the outside rare on the inside some call that black and blue
seared you bet. Ever hear of reverse searing? read up on that.

Like this?

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 135c/275f.
  2. Place well seasoned steaks on a rack over a baking tray (cover the tray with foil to save yourself a clean up)
  3. Put in oven and cook til an internal temp of 125-135f depending on your preference of "doneness". ...
  4. Remove when at temp and rest for 10-15 minutes under foil.
More items...
Cook the perfect medium rare steak with Reverse Sear - Jess Pryles
jesspryles.com/how-to-cook-a-steak-with-reverse-sear-method/

a restaurant here at a rib place in Ft Lauderdale

It is the best ribs, I don't go out for ribs or steaks anymore, I prefer what the grill makes, it is so easy. It can make jerky, awesome wings, brisket, roasts and everyone thinks it's me and it is the damn pellet grill.
any particular spices you use? i like to smoke a cut in 1/2 onion also - you ever do that?

i want that char, but i want the meat still pretty medium rare, barely.

did we go find a common topic???

GET BACK WITH OUR BAD SELVES!!!

(self high-5)

I love doing that. Gives uniform results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any particular spices you use? i like to smoke a cut in 1/2 onion also - you ever do that?
Any of you cooks live in NY You could invite me

(self high-5)
It's a funny thing how we can dislike some one but yet find good reason to share a steak or have a drink with him and forget about the other bs

(self high-5)
It's a funny thing how we can dislike some one but yet find good reason to share a steak or have a drink with him and forget about the other bs
much easier to talk over differences after you find things you agree on first.

I'll bring the wine ,,,Cakebread if it isn't sold out yet due to fires

For my steaks, McCormicks Montreal spice is a good rub. I also put it on my hamburgers. I am starting to experiment with a good chicken and fish coating. I have a couple homemade rubs I am tweaking. I have only had the pellet grill since April, so I am still learning. I get a lot of ideas from my brother, he has had his for three years. I picked the Louisiana grill because it has a plate you can pull back and sear steaks and burgers and then has a hot and cold smoker.

I have never done the half onion, that sounds real good, how do you do that?

Prime rib coated in fresh ground pepper and sea salt, medium to medium rare served with pan fried Morel mushrooms.

Sea salt and ground pepper is a great combo and it is easy. Mushrooms and caramelized onions, that is also a great combo with steak.

If you ever come out to the west coast, I’ll fix you dinner but you will have to be a conservative for the day. Lol! Only kidding.

(self high-5)

I agree at work the greatest guy in the office is liberal, we will discuss, disagree and joke around about our politics. He is just a good all around person, even though he is a whacked out nut job. Lol!

For my steaks, McCormicks Montreal spice is a good rub. I also put it on my hamburgers. I am starting to experiment with a good chicken and fish coating. I have a couple homemade rubs I am tweaking. I have only had the pellet grill since April, so I am still learning. I get a lot of ideas from my brother, he has had his for three years. I picked the Louisiana grill because it has a plate you can pull back and sear steaks and burgers and then has a hot and cold smoker.

I have never done the half onion, that sounds real good, how do you do that?
Cut in half n season up as desired. Place in aluminum foil w small amount of oil at bottom. Water fine also, and cover. Time of cooking varies but open up to add smoke flavoring as thick as wished. Will come out soft n to a point sauted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back