Zinke: One third of Interior employees 'not loyal' to Trump team

Sounds like it is time to FIRE 1/3rd of personnel in the Dept of the Interior..

So you think that there should be a loyalty test to Emperor Trump- not to the Constitution?

Why am I not surprised.
I think employees should be loyal to their bosses and follow the instructions and orders given to them, not be obstructionists and subversive, seditious sabateurs for a criminal former President in an attempt to save his 'legacy'.

And by 'seditious' you mean not personally loyal to your Dear Leader.

Fascinating that you believe that federal employees should put loyalty to 'their boss' before loyalty to our country- and the Constitution.
Loyal to the Office of the President..

Wow so you think that federal employees should put loyalty to 'the Office of the President' before our country- or the Constitution?

Richard Nixon would approve. His downfall was that federal employees knew that their loyalty was to the United States- not 'the Office of the President"
Longknife said it best, snowflake:

"Having been a supervisor of civilian federal employees I can say that my expectation of them was to adhere to the rules and regulations governing their positions. I did not expect and would not tolerate political activism."

Part of the problem is that many of these 'loyalists' have been in their jobs for YEARS, well before this President and will be there long after this President is gone. That is because many of them are 'Government Service' workers - 'GS'. A GS-12, GS-13, GS-14 who has been there a long time is almost impossible to fire, no matter what they do.

"Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said Monday that almost one-third of career bureaucrats at his department are “not loyal to the flag,” and not in lockstep with him and President Trump.

First, Trump is not the flag or are we trying to establish a cult of personality?

Second, Trump's job is to follow the laws and execute the programs that Congress enacts. A civil servant who refuses to break or circumvent the law is loyal to the US and is acting correctly.

SIERS051417

They are beholden to the American people not Trump. The regulatory process should not be business friendly. It should be non-partisan. It seems Zinke can't wait to destroy public land through drilling and mining.

Zinke should "pack his shit and get out".

WRONG. THey are not elected officials, they are hired/contracted/appointed by the EXECUTIVE (or one of the President's authorized administrators). They are wholly accountable to Trump and Trump only, with the exception that they cannot write/enforce an unconstitutional regulation/parameter, all of which must be first authorized (in the general sense) by an Act of Congress.

Usually the buck stops at the Secretary of the Interior, but ultimately Trump if Trump chooses to intervene.

First, Trump is not the flag or are we trying to establish a cult of personality?

Second, Trump's job is to follow the laws and execute the programs that Congress enacts.

1. 'WE' are trying to establish a Cult of personality'?! Who exactly is 'we'? Is 'We' the same 'we' who have been trying to establish the fake claim that Trump colluded with Russia'?

2. It was also Barry's job to follow the laws and execute the program Congress enacted. That did not stop him from refusing to enforce DOMA - a law passed by Congress, from refusing to enforce existing immigration law - laws also passed by Congress, from by-passing Congress to illegally attempt to create / institute his own law - DACA - after publicly acknowledging he did not have the power to do so, or from by-passing Congress to drag the US into 2 Un-Constitutional, un-Authorized wars.

It is interesting how liberals hypocritically want to leave those things out of the conversation when trying to 'establish' cases against Trump.

So you are saying Obama would have kept Bush loyalists who openly defied his agenda, who illegally leaked information out against him? Yeah, I did not think so...more hypocritical BS from the left. SSDD.

So you are saying Obama would have kept Bush loyalists who openly defied his agenda, who illegally leaked information out against him? Yeah, I did not think so...more hypocritical BS from the left. SSDD.

lol you are out on the moon.

Most of government employees have CAREERS and do not come and go every few years when administrations change. Their loyalty should be to their job and duties, not politicos.

So you think that there should be a loyalty test to Emperor Trump- not to the Constitution?

Why am I not surprised.
I think employees should be loyal to their bosses and follow the instructions and orders given to them, not be obstructionists and subversive, seditious sabateurs for a criminal former President in an attempt to save his 'legacy'.

And by 'seditious' you mean not personally loyal to your Dear Leader.

Fascinating that you believe that federal employees should put loyalty to 'their boss' before loyalty to our country- and the Constitution.
Loyal to the Office of the President..

Wow so you think that federal employees should put loyalty to 'the Office of the President' before our country- or the Constitution?

Richard Nixon would approve. His downfall was that federal employees knew that their loyalty was to the United States- not 'the Office of the President"
Longknife said it best, snowflake:

"Having been a supervisor of civilian federal employees I can say that my expectation of them was to adhere to the rules and regulations governing their positions. I did not expect and would not tolerate political activism."

I agree with Longknife(in this case)- and of course disagree with you-

I think anyone who is caught illegally leaking information deserves to be fired.

But you of course are demanding personal loyalty to the "Office of the President"- which is something completely different.

Of course you do because you are an intolerant liberal ass who has your 'hate on' for me because I do not share your ideology, your beliefs, or your opinion, thus - by Liberal code - you are bound to personally attack me, insult me, twist my words, falsely accuse me of things, and declare I believe / say things I don't / did not.

Yeah, yeah, I get it. To be honest, I see you have quoted me, responding to several things, and I have honestly just skipped over them, refusing to read them. After you LIED the last time there is no reason to read them as I expect no different from you.

I get it. We all get it. You hate Trump. You believe is morally imperative for the Obama / Hillary Loyalists to continue to 'resist', to join the Democrats in their publicly proclaimed 100% commitment to Obstructionism. Good for you, and good luck with that when 2018 rolls around. It has worked so well so far, breaking that streak of over 1,000 election losses.

Oh, and Hillary is going to make you a great candidate ... again ... in 2018.

Have a nice day.

:p

I think anyone who is caught illegally leaking information deserves to be fired. But you of course are demanding personal loyalty to the "Office of the President"- which is something completely different.

Bwuhahaha....

Being loyal to the office of the President is / includes refusing to illegally leak information, Syr. The fact that you think those things are completely different shows you have been trying to spin everything I say around so much that you have made yourself dizzy and don't know what the hell you're talking about. You are hilariously making a fool out of yourself.

Second, Trump's job is to follow the laws and execute the programs that Congress enacts.

1. 'WE' are trying to establish a Cult of personality'?! Who exactly is 'we'? Is 'We' the same 'we' who have been trying to establish the fake claim that Trump colluded with Russia'?

2. It was also Barry's job to follow the laws and execute the program Congress enacted. That did not stop him from refusing to enforce DOMA - a law passed by Congress, from refusing to enforce existing immigration law - laws also passed by Congress, from by-passing Congress to illegally attempt to create / institute his own law - DACA - after publicly acknowledging he did not have the power to do so, or from by-passing Congress to drag the US into 2 Un-Constitutional, un-Authorized wars.

It is interesting how liberals hypocritically want to leave those things out of the conversation when trying to 'establish' cases against Trump.
'We' as in 'We the People...'. As for collusion, you have no idea if it is fake or not, none of us do. Thankfully the process is working as it should and we will likely know the answer soon enough.

I recall conservatives ranting and raving about Obama's use of his executive authority but when Trump does it it is OK. I don't believe Obama did anything that could not have been stopped by Congress had they shown some backbone. They wanted to continue the wars, they just didn't want to go on record.

For you history buffs, it used to be that when a new president took office he pretty much cleaned out all the government workers. It created such chaos that Congress established the civil service to bring some professionalism to the workforce.

Of course you do because you are an intolerant liberal ass who has your 'hate on' for me because I do not share your ideology, your beliefs,

Of course you don't.

I believe in the Constitution and the United States.

You don't share my ideology or my beliefs.

You believe that Federal employees must be loyal to "The Office of the President"- rather than to the United States or the Constitution.

You don't share my ideology or my beliefs.

I think anyone who is caught illegally leaking information deserves to be fired. But you of course are demanding personal loyalty to the "Office of the President"- which is something completely different.

Bwuhahaha....

Being loyal to the office of the President is / includes refusing to illegally leak information,.

Zinke: One third of Interior employees 'not loyal' to Trump team

You believe that the Department of the Interior employees must be loyal to the Trump Team.

I believe that employees should be loyal to the United States- and that those who break the law should be fired.

The difference between you and I.

New Topics

Forum List

Back