Zimmerman's Attorneys Quit, Say Zimmerman Acting Strangely

George Zimmerman's attorneys said in a press conference this afternoon that they will no longer be representing him. The attorneys claim that Zimmerman repeatedly rebuffed their legal advice, and that they have now lost contact with him.

Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig, Zimmerman's lawyers, also said that their client had spoken with Sean Hannity, the Fox News host, but would not reveal the details of the discussion.

"George called Sean Hannity of Fox News off the record and he was unwilling to tell us what was said," Uhrig said.

Sonner said that Zimmerman had stopped responding to their phone calls, and that they did not know exactly where he was, although they thought that he was no longer in Florida.

Sonner also said that Zimmerman reached out to the special prosecutor in the case, against their wishes. "We were a bit astonished and had some conversation back and forth with the prosecutor's office," Uhrig said."They told us what we expected, '[that] we're not going to talk to a criminal or [defendant] without counsel "

Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman's Attorneys Quit, Said Client 'Disappeared'

Zimmerman has a real history of doing what he was told NOT TO DO. Trying to call the special prosecutor----:badgrin::badgrin:--shows his elevator really doesn't hit the top floor.

If you're gonna criticize Zimmerman for his past, then let's not overlook the fact that Martin wasn't the choir boy that the media made him appear to be.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that people are so hyperbolic... with the media frenzy surrounding the case. I'm appalled by the coverage.... but idiots carry on taking every damned word the media produce as Gospel Truth.

The media is still using photos of 12 year old Trayvon Martin to create the choir boy impression. They don't want to show what he really looked like.

Without a doubt there needs to be a trial. All the facts need to be presented. There is sufficient evidence.

The only way you can have a criminal trial is if there is enough evidence to go to trial.

The problem with this case is too much exculpatory evidence exists......and the only reason it is even an issue is because of the public outcry due to the slanted press coverage.

I wouldn't be surprised that there is nothing more than a hearing and a dismissal.

It will go to trial.

You willing to bet on that?

Don't you have to have evidence of a crime first?

No prosecutor would touch any case with no evidence of a crime. It's a good way to end up chasing ambulances.

Sharpton did. And he's got a history of taking up unpopular causes..and risking his own skin. He actually survived an assassination attempt and spent time in jail for his beliefs.

Al Sharpton is a racist & a bigot pure and simple.

“White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”

Sharpton said some fucked up things. He's also gone on record and admitted they were fucked up.

Zimmerman has a real history of doing what he was told NOT TO DO. Trying to call the special prosecutor----:badgrin::badgrin:--shows his elevator really doesn't hit the top floor.

If you're gonna criticize Zimmerman for his past, then let's not overlook the fact that Martin wasn't the choir boy that the media made him appear to be.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that people are so hyperbolic... with the media frenzy surrounding the case. I'm appalled by the coverage.... but idiots carry on taking every damned word the media produce as Gospel Truth.

Generally it isn't the victim that's on trial.

Let's be realistic about this.

• If you were the object of a bounty, you might act impulsively and run and hide also.
  • Attorneys cannot represent their client if they cannot keep in touch and have to let the prosecutor know they are no longer representing Zimmerman, fearing lack of counsel charges against them.
  • Katzndogs is right. The 12 year old pic of Martin is emotionally charging and improper to use.
  • All of this media hype is unfortunate and is going to continue in more violence.
  • The Black Panthers especially has to be monitored at this time.
  • LE will find Zimmerman and justice will be served as long as there is a fair jury to hear all of the facts.

Generally it isn't the victim that's on trial.

Especially when the victim was bothering no one, carrying skittles and iced tea.

Laughable?????:cuckoo:

Them spreading hate is laughable to you?

There's more than 5 of them, and they have plenty of sympathizers.

You think it's laughable that they're promoting violence against Zimmerman?

Sorry, I really have to agree with Joe on this one. The NBPP is a bunch of rambling idiots, pretty much akin to the homeless guy standing on the corner with a sign that says "THE END IS NIGH!" I mean, have you heard these guys speak? They talk about a constitutional right to make a citizens arrest. They're even dumber than the worst wingnuts on this board.

I'm still confused as to why these Attorneys are even giving Press Conferences. They don't seem trustworthy to me at all, unless they are either building an Insanity Defense, or Publicity Hungry.

Last edited:
I'm still confused as to why these Attorneys are even giving Press Conferences. They don't seem trustworthy to me at all, unless they are either building an Insanity Defense, or Publicity Hungry.

Either way, it looks like no charges; the SA spoke with the family of the victim, Zimmerman is safe, and out of the State of Florida.

Sorry, I really have to agree with Joe on this one. The NBPP is a bunch of rambling idiots, pretty much akin to the homeless guy standing on the corner with a sign that says "THE END IS NIGH!" I mean, have you heard these guys speak? They talk about a constitutional right to make a citizens arrest. They're even dumber than the worst wingnuts on this board.
I thought carb put it well in the mockingbird thread:

for starters he could arrest the NBP for bounty hunting. bounty hunting is illegal,, any arrests made yet?

Should he arrest all 6 of them, or just the ringleader?

lol, there are more rightwing nuts in this thread than there are 'new black panthers' in America.

:lol:

The NBPP may be small, but they can raise an army by offering $10K for the capture, dead or alive, of one guy whiom black America has already found guilty.

Can't blame Zimmerman for acting strangely and hiding.

The ability to Incite an angry misinformed mob does not rank high on my to do list. There is no time that shit like this goes down without innocents suffering.

The ability to Incite an angry misinformed mob does not rank high on my to do list. There is no time that shit like this goes down without innocents suffering.

True, but when, and if, Corey says NO CHARGES there will be demonstrations.

True, but when, and if, Corey says NO CHARGES there will be demonstrations.

Yep. At this point, every decision has to be supported by transparent reason, no matter which way things go. Should have been that way from the start. Misinformation needs to be challenged and exposed for what it is, and the motives behind it, no matter where it comes from.

The NBPP may be small, but they can raise an army by offering $10K for the capture

Yeah, it's working great so far. :lol:

dead or alive

I want to see a CREDIBLE source show this "dead or alive" claim. Everything I've seen, they keep talking about their constitutional right to make a citizens arrest, and holding him until the SPD picks him up. Which is even more hilariously stupid next to their bitching about how they aren't actually US citizens and aren't subject to US laws.

of one guy whiom black America has already found guilty.

So much for not playing the race-baiting game.

Just because they're dumb doesn't mean they're not criminal. Neo-nazi and KKK members are just as dumb. I don't think they're funny either.

They also have chapters all over the country, and unfortunately, do have supporters. There's nothing laughable about them.

Forum List

Back