zimmerman files lawsuit over edited nbc 911 tape

This suit is another PR stunt by Zimmerman that won't go anywhere.

Seems to me that the real "stunt" was editing the tapes.....

Even taking that as a given (though most people wouldn't consider editing for length to be "editing", which most people read as doctoring the material), that alone would not be enough to prove the claims being made in this suit.

The tape wasn't "edited" for length. It was edited for impact. Stop playing stupid.......

I don't blame him, but he'll only win his suit if he's found innocent.

he will win no matter what.

they edited the tapes and ran with it as fact... knowing they were lying to make a good story.

I sort of hope he wins. Because if he wins--and the courts rule against cable news mongers like MSNBC--Fox News is next, and they are truly fucked.

"Next" for what? Who has FOX News slandered?

Please don't pretend that Fox has higher "standards" than MSNBC. They are both jokes, and neither are technically "news" stations--they both deal in opinion, entertainment, and propaganda for followers.

Hell, if this rates as an actionable offense, I can't hardly wait to see what happens to that crazy Sean Hannity show--that thing is virtually wall-to-wall non-stop GOP propaganda, and he continually plays loops of out-of-context "statements" by Sean's enemy Democrats. (In between Sean's lengthy diatribes of talking points hating on Obama and every other African American out there).

A national news network editing the 911 call of a private citizen to make him look racist and thereby putting his life in danger is comparable to a pundit spinning the statements of partisan public figures?

Yeah, good one, tell us another.

AGAIN, bring it on. I hope Zimmerman succeeds in convincing a court that he is a Victim of cable news. Because this would open up a vast array of similar lawsuits that are politically oriented and based upon various interpretations of "truth."

Zimmerman brought this on himself when he decided to become a killer.

What a moron. We aren't discussing interpreting what politicians say here. We are talking major media outlets that altered audio tape to present a false understanding of what Zimmermann said. They defamed him. You can't defame politicians, but Zimmerman is a private citizen.

One thing is certain, libturds have made it perfectly clear they don't give a damn about anyone's constitutional rights if they get in the way of the liberal agenda.

This suit is another PR stunt by Zimmerman that won't go anywhere.

ROFL! I guarantee you that the network will settle out of court for millions of dollars or Zimmerman will win. the case is open-and-shut defamation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back