zimmerman files lawsuit over edited nbc 911 tape

The plot thickens......

Zimmerman accuses NBC of creating a "false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman's own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create the illusion of statements that Zimmerman never actually made."

He's suing for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, demanding unspecified damages.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/06/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-911-lawsuit/

Smart move. If he's found guilty, he can claim NBC painted him as a racist in the media to manipulate public opinion and probably get the conviction overturned. Having said that, however, I doubt if he'll be convicted.

Edited tape Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Unedited tape

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

Plus Zimmer says he said "fucking punks" and NBC says he said "fucking coons"

Am I missing anything?

Unedited tape

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Am I missing anything?

Yes the edit made it appear that Zimmerman targeted him because he was racist, that he started off the conversation by saying he was black. When only said that AFTER being asked. The edit is defaming and totally changes what was said and by whom and why.

He should sue NBC as well.

Unedited tape

Am I missing anything?

Suing the media is really, really hard. That being said editing shows a willful attempt to mold the story to your percieved viewpoint. Its the editing that may doom them to lose the lawsuit.

Unedited tape

Am I missing anything?

He may have said, "It's fucking cold."

article-trayvon-4-1203.jpg

This picture taken a few minutes after medics and police arrived will in itself end any trial.

The case will be dropped.

I don't blame him, but he'll only win his suit if he's found innocent.

he will win no matter what.

they edited the tapes and ran with it as fact... knowing they were lying to make a good story.

The plot thickens......

Zimmerman accuses NBC of creating a "false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman's own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create the illusion of statements that Zimmerman never actually made."

He's suing for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, demanding unspecified damages.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/06/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-911-lawsuit/

the wife should also file a separate suit ..... for emotional distress as well!

Forum List

Back