Zimmerman Fails Voice Recognition Test

I have been a gun owner since the age of 12. And on occasion, I have packed a concealed weopon. The first thing I was taught concerning guns, is that when you are carrying one, you are responsible for what happens with that gun. You can defend yourself, but if you initiate the conflict, then use your gun, you are in the wrong.

Now, given the fact that the kid was doing absolutely nothing wrong, that Zimmerman's state of mind is evident from his statements on the calls he made to the police, and his BS story concerning the fight, if charges are not brought, we have a clear miscarriage of justice. No marks in the police video taken 40 minutes after the crime, and now a voice identification that says that Zimmerman's story that he was the one crying for help is just more BS. At this point, I think Zimmerman is guilty of murder one.

I do too. BUt the righties here are really trying to forget that the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to stand down and not follow Martin. What part of that is so hard to get through their thick skulls? Neighborhood Watch groups are supposed to watch and then dial. Not follow with a gun.

You first mistake is that the dispatcher didn't say that. Your second mistake is assuming that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after he spoke to the dispatcher. Again, the evidence doesn't show that (at least so far) either.

I have been a gun owner since the age of 12. And on occasion, I have packed a concealed weopon. The first thing I was taught concerning guns, is that when you are carrying one, you are responsible for what happens with that gun. You can defend yourself, but if you initiate the conflict, then use your gun, you are in the wrong.

Now, given the fact that the kid was doing absolutely nothing wrong, that Zimmerman's state of mind is evident from his statements on the calls he made to the police, and his BS story concerning the fight, if charges are not brought, we have a clear miscarriage of justice. No marks in the police video taken 40 minutes after the crime, and now a voice identification that says that Zimmerman's story that he was the one crying for help is just more BS. At this point, I think Zimmerman is guilty of murder one.

I don't think murder one is warranted, but certainly manslaughter if his story doesnt line up. I am just not confident that the Sanford Police gathered all the evidence they needed before they released Zimmerman. Now, the more his story trickles out, the more it seems tailored to the Stand your Ground Law.

I think he will be charged, but has enough of a backstory that can't be validated either way. I don't think they can establish beyond a reasonable doubt

I don't think murder one is warranted, but certainly manslaughter if his story doesnt line up. I am just not confident that the Sanford Police gathered all the evidence they needed before they released Zimmerman. Now, the more his story trickles out, the more it seems tailored to the Stand your Ground Law.

I think he will be charged, but has enough of a backstory that can't be validated either way. I don't think they can establish beyond a reasonable doubt

Who cares whether you are 'confident'? What matters is the facts... and the police do not release information on demand... that kind of hinders their investigation. It is absolutely standard procedure for the police to release only partial information.... seems to me that those who want justice wait.... those who want to railroad assume guilt.

I do too. BUt the righties here are really trying to forget that the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to stand down and not follow Martin. What part of that is so hard to get through their thick skulls? Neighborhood Watch groups are supposed to watch and then dial. Not follow with a gun.

You first mistake is that the dispatcher didn't say that. Your second mistake is assuming that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after he spoke to the dispatcher. Again, the evidence doesn't show that (at least so far) either.

Are you crazy? What part of this 911 audio release did you not hear?

"""
Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman

Ok."""

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/cre...cript-Of-The-George-Zimmerman-Police-Call.htm

Last edited:

"""
Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok."""

Not "stop", or stand down.

Actually, I think if the case had been properly investigated, it would have been a no-brainer and I don't even watch network television crime dramas. I think ballistics people can tell how far away a gun was fired by examining the body. Blood samples, hair, skin would have been taken from Zimmerman's clothing, face and hands. But it's Sanford, Florida not Grosse Point, Michigan or La Jolla, CA. It was a black kid, not one of Mitt Romney's. Flori-DUH deserves its reputation.

"""
Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok."""

Excuse me. If a policeman or dispatch told you the same thing, how would you have interpreted it? What would you have done? Can't you use simple common sense? The people on this board are the most bigoted, racist bunch I have ever seen anywhere....except central Florida. It's very clear that it's not Obama's politics that scare you lilly-livered assholes so much. It's his color.

Last edited:
It seems he wanted to help the police catch him.

"""
Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok."""

Excuse me. If a policeman or dispatch told you the same thing, how would you have interpreted it? What would you have done? Can't you use simple common sense? The people on this board are the most bigoted, racist bunch I have ever seen anywhere....except central Florida. It's very clear that it's not Obama's politics that scare you lilly-livered assholes so much. It's his color.

I would have ceased any activity. Zimmerman was "neighborhood watch" however, and zealous in his "actions". He reported open GARAGE doors to 911!

"""
Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok."""

George Zimmerman Police Call

Are you deliberately ignoring the last word of that transcript? He was told they didn't need him to follow the guy.... he said 'ok'. According to his story, he stopped following Martin at that point.... and that it was while he was making his way back to his car that the confrontation happened. IF that is the way it happened, then Martin is the aggressor. If it did not go down that way, then Zimmerman may well have been the aggressor. Simply put.... we don't fucking KNOW who the aggressor is at this time.

If the evidence was piling up against Zimmerman, he would have been arrested by now.

The problem is that there has always been evidence, it was just covered up by the Sanford PD. I suspect he will be arrested and arraigned soon. I wonder if the judge will let him out on bail?

A friend of mine is a columnist for the Phila Inquirer and he published an article that is going to most likely result in some charges filed against a few police officers within a suburban Phila police department. His research revealed corruption on every level and virtually endemic within police departments throughout our area. I just can't believe Florida would be immune to such stuff, can you?

I'm laughing my ass off right now, Otani. Your so called "expert" didn't even do a voice analysis of Trayvon Martin to see if his voice was a better match than that of Zimmerman's. Bad science isn't any better than no science at all. Trust MSNBC to run with the story though...just as they are STILL running with five year old pictures of Martin and Zimmerman.

they acknowledged they didn't do an analysis of Martin, because they don't have a recording of his voice, being DEAD and all. They DO know it wasn't Zimmerman. Gee, Einstein, who does that leave? If it was someone ELSE why'd they stop at the same time as the gunshot?
:eusa_eh:

If in fact Martin was not doing "anything wrong" that does not give him the right to assault Zimmerman for ASKING him what he's doing. Initiating "contact" in the form of questioning someone does not make someone responsible for every violent thing that happens following that contact.

And what happens the moment that Zimmerman decides to cross the line by physically detaining Martin until police arrive?

I don't think murder one is warranted, but certainly manslaughter if his story doesnt line up.

Agreed completely. The most likely scenario is that Zimmerman recklessly pulled out his gun and accidentally shot Martin, which falls well short of 1st degree murder.

I don't think murder one is warranted, but certainly manslaughter if his story doesnt line up.

Agreed completely. The most likely scenario is that Zimmerman recklessly pulled out his gun and accidentally shot Martin, which falls well short of 1st degree murder.

What seems probable is Zimmerman followed Martin and finally walked up to him and asked what he was doing here. Martin probably gave him lip which Zimmerman didn't like and a wrestling match ensued.
Martin probably gave as god as he got and pulled his gun when Martin got on top of him

The problem is that there has always been evidence, it was just covered up by the Sanford PD. I suspect he will be arrested and arraigned soon. I wonder if the judge will let him out on bail?

A friend of mine is a columnist for the Phila Inquirer and he published an article that is going to most likely result in some charges filed against a few police officers within a suburban Phila police department. His research revealed corruption on every level and virtually endemic within police departments throughout our area. I just can't believe Florida would be immune to such stuff, can you?

I'm laughing my ass off right now, Otani. Your so called "expert" didn't even do a voice analysis of Trayvon Martin to see if his voice was a better match than that of Zimmerman's. Bad science isn't any better than no science at all. Trust MSNBC to run with the story though...just as they are STILL running with five year old pictures of Martin and Zimmerman.

OK. You didn't read the article, did you. The expert stated that he had no voice samples from Trayvon. By now, I bet he does. And I would bet that they will be a good match.

I really don't understand why you NRA types are jumping on this and defending an obvious murderer. Keep it up, and there will be some states that roll back the 'Stand Your Ground' laws in disgust because of you people.

They think that if this law gets repealed that someone is gonna come take their guns. Most people understand the flaw in which the Florida law was written and want it corrected. Even the early proponents of the law stated that being the aggressor would make you exempt from the law. However, there are some that still don't get it. I, for one, am all for sensible gun rights. And even if Zimmernan's account is true (even though it's not because I have not been to one home in America or abroad that displays numbers on the backside) and he is exonerated, there still should be revisions to this law.

Two 'experts' or the eye witness.... I lean towards believing the eye witness.

Oh yeah, that's right...you righties don't believe in science. You'd rather trust someone who saw something happen in the dark from about 100 feet away.

Well, here. Educate yourself a bit about these things. I tend to go with 21st century devices over medieval ones:

"""
Although jurors rely heavily on eyewitness identification, there is overwhelming evidence that eyewitness identification is highly fallible and that eyewitness confidence is a poor guide to accuracy. Here are just a few examples:

A recent study (Wells, et al, 1998) examined the first 40 cases where DNA exonerated wrongfully convicted people. In 90% of the cases, mistaken eyewitness identification played a major role. In one case, 5 separate witnesses identified the defendant.
Huff (1987) studied 500 wrongful convictions and concluded that mistaken eyewitness identification occurred in 60%. This is an amazingly high number since eyewitness identification is an important factor in only 5% of all trials (Loh, 1981).
Cutler and Penrod (1995) examined eyewitness identification accuracy from controlled studies performed in "natural settings." In the typical study, a person enters a convenience store and performs some memorable action (such as paying in pennies) to ensure drawing the clerk's attention. Later the clerk views a photospread and identifies the "customer." The percentage of correct identification ranged from 34-48% and the percentage of false identification is 34-38%. It is hard to know how far to generalize such studies, but they suggest that eyewitnesses are almost as likely to wrong as to be correct when identifying strangers. Moreover, these results occurred until highly favorable circumstances: extended duration, good lighting, clear visibility, and no "weapons focus."""

Actually I love science, not the made up global warming kind, but real science like the provable Newtonian laws of Physics. And I love technology unlike you liberal enviromental tree hugging unibomber types

I know you'd much rather let a 1000 murders go and kill 1000 more people than to have one innocent person executed. I love your rational thought.

Humans still blow away computers when it comes to pattern recognition. If a person can't tell who's yelling, it's stupid to think a computer can, especially when you've been given zero evidence that the computer has a clue.

Last edited:
Humans still blow away computers when it comes to pattern recognition. It a person can't tell who's yelling, it's stupid to think a computer can, especially when you've been given zero evidence that the computer has a clue.

:cuckoo:

i am a leftie and i own guns..there is no reason to be insulting to all gun owners over this...now is there?

I"m a leftie who grew up in the far west with lockers full of venison and elk in the freezer. Everybody in my family except me hunts.

But I think my epiphany was when I was visiting in Japan in 2000. Our hosts turned the conversation to Columbine, and one turned to me and asked me what the hell was wrong with America, it's obsession with guns and how did Columbine happen. I was at a loss to explain. There are very, very few deaths by gun in Japan. This country is reverting back to the 60's and these "stand your ground" laws are an abomination, as we are seeing.

The foreign population of Japan is 1.6%. They have a very low number of black people or hispanic people. Japan is a notoriously xenophobic country. There is a low crime rate in Japan for the same reasons there is a low crime rate in all white or all asian communities in the US.

Is this really how your tiny little racist brain works?

Forum List

Back