Zimmerman Fails Voice Recognition Test

OtaniKitano

Feb 25, 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
If the evidence was piling up against Zimmerman, he would have been arrested by now.

Two 'experts' or the eye witness.... I lean towards believing the eye witness.

Oh yeah, that's right...you righties don't believe in science. You'd rather trust someone who saw something happen in the dark from about 100 feet away.

Well, here. Educate yourself a bit about these things. I tend to go with 21st century devices over medieval ones:

"""
Although jurors rely heavily on eyewitness identification, there is overwhelming evidence that eyewitness identification is highly fallible and that eyewitness confidence is a poor guide to accuracy. Here are just a few examples:

A recent study (Wells, et al, 1998) examined the first 40 cases where DNA exonerated wrongfully convicted people. In 90% of the cases, mistaken eyewitness identification played a major role. In one case, 5 separate witnesses identified the defendant.
Huff (1987) studied 500 wrongful convictions and concluded that mistaken eyewitness identification occurred in 60%. This is an amazingly high number since eyewitness identification is an important factor in only 5% of all trials (Loh, 1981).
Cutler and Penrod (1995) examined eyewitness identification accuracy from controlled studies performed in "natural settings." In the typical study, a person enters a convenience store and performs some memorable action (such as paying in pennies) to ensure drawing the clerk's attention. Later the clerk views a photospread and identifies the "customer." The percentage of correct identification ranged from 34-48% and the percentage of false identification is 34-38%. It is hard to know how far to generalize such studies, but they suggest that eyewitnesses are almost as likely to wrong as to be correct when identifying strangers. Moreover, these results occurred until highly favorable circumstances: extended duration, good lighting, clear visibility, and no "weapons focus."""

Visual Expert Human Factors: Errors in Eyewitness Identification Procedures

Oh yeah, that's right...you righties don't believe in science. You'd rather trust someone who saw something happen in the dark from about 100 feet away.

Well, here. Educate yourself a bit about these things. I tend to go with 21st century devices over medieval ones:

"""
Although jurors rely heavily on eyewitness identification, there is overwhelming evidence that eyewitness identification is highly fallible and that eyewitness confidence is a poor guide to accuracy. Here are just a few examples:

A recent study (Wells, et al, 1998) examined the first 40 cases where DNA exonerated wrongfully convicted people. In 90% of the cases, mistaken eyewitness identification played a major role. In one case, 5 separate witnesses identified the defendant.
Huff (1987) studied 500 wrongful convictions and concluded that mistaken eyewitness identification occurred in 60%. This is an amazingly high number since eyewitness identification is an important factor in only 5% of all trials (Loh, 1981).
Cutler and Penrod (1995) examined eyewitness identification accuracy from controlled studies performed in "natural settings." In the typical study, a person enters a convenience store and performs some memorable action (such as paying in pennies) to ensure drawing the clerk's attention. Later the clerk views a photospread and identifies the "customer." The percentage of correct identification ranged from 34-48% and the percentage of false identification is 34-38%. It is hard to know how far to generalize such studies, but they suggest that eyewitnesses are almost as likely to wrong as to be correct when identifying strangers. Moreover, these results occurred until highly favorable circumstances: extended duration, good lighting, clear visibility, and no "weapons focus."""

Yea, that must be it. I (as a graduate of one of the world's best universities... who works daily with economics and intellectuals) hate 'science' and 'education'. It is precisely because I am educated - and respect science... that I challenge stupid people.

You need to take a look at the varying types of 'eye witnesses' before quoting bullshit. Idiot.

If science can give an almost 50/50 call based on a recording of a spoken word into cellular microphone and a shouts outside through a wall picked up by an inside telephone.

Looks pretty convincing it Zimmerman certainly on top of the eye witness.

If the evidence was piling up against Zimmerman, he would have been arrested by now.

The problem is that there has always been evidence, it was just covered up by the Sanford PD. I suspect he will be arrested and arraigned soon. I wonder if the judge will let him out on bail?

A friend of mine is a columnist for the Phila Inquirer and he published an article that is going to most likely result in some charges filed against a few police officers within a suburban Phila police department. His research revealed corruption on every level and virtually endemic within police departments throughout our area. I just can't believe Florida would be immune to such stuff, can you?

Libs certainly didn't believe the science or the experts when it was an expert identifying that the women making specious claims against Herman Cain did they.

Selective science.

I have been a gun owner since the age of 12. And on occasion, I have packed a concealed weopon. The first thing I was taught concerning guns, is that when you are carrying one, you are responsible for what happens with that gun. You can defend yourself, but if you initiate the conflict, then use your gun, you are in the wrong.

Now, given the fact that the kid was doing absolutely nothing wrong, that Zimmerman's state of mind is evident from his statements on the calls he made to the police, and his BS story concerning the fight, if charges are not brought, we have a clear miscarriage of justice. No marks in the police video taken 40 minutes after the crime, and now a voice identification that says that Zimmerman's story that he was the one crying for help is just more BS. At this point, I think Zimmerman is guilty of murder one.

"""

Yea, that must be it. I (as a graduate of one of the world's best universities... who works daily with economics and intellectuals) hate 'science' and 'education'. It is precisely because I am educated - and respect science... that I challenge stupid people.

You need to take a look at the varying types of 'eye witnesses' before quoting bullshit. Idiot.

LOL!!! And yet you stand by archaic methods of investigation. Did you even read the Orlando Sentinel article, Einstein?

Yeah, you've got cred. You think I live in Princeton because I like New Jersey?

Last edited:
Oh, of course in order for Zimmerman to be arrested somebody needs to know where the hell he is. The chickenshit is in hiding.

When you have A List celebs tweeting your address, and racists offering a $10k reward for you.... dead or alive... anyone with an IQ over room temperature would be 'hiding'. Those who need to know where he is, know where he is. He's just staying out of sight from racist assholes who want to murder him. Smart thing to do.

The problem is that there has always been evidence, it was just covered up by the Sanford PD. I suspect he will be arrested and arraigned soon. I wonder if the judge will let him out on bail?

A friend of mine is a columnist for the Phila Inquirer and he published an article that is going to most likely result in some charges filed against a few police officers within a suburban Phila police department. His research revealed corruption on every level and virtually endemic within police departments throughout our area. I just can't believe Florida would be immune to such stuff, can you?

I'm laughing my ass off right now, Otani. Your so called "expert" didn't even do a voice analysis of Trayvon Martin to see if his voice was a better match than that of Zimmerman's. Bad science isn't any better than no science at all. Trust MSNBC to run with the story though...just as they are STILL running with five year old pictures of Martin and Zimmerman.

Oh, of course in order for Zimmerman to be arrested somebody needs to know where the hell he is. The chickenshit is in hiding.

He's not in hiding. The police know exactly where he is. The NBP doesn't know where he is, YOU don't know where he is. Then again, where he is, is none of your business.

"""

LOL!!! And yet you stand by archaic methods of investigation. Did you even read the Orlando Sentinel article, Einstein?

Yeah, you've got cred. You think I live in Princeton because I like New Jersey?

Archaic is relying solely on an eye witness to identify a perp. That is not what we are talking about with this eye witness. That is the ID that you referenced and it is not relevant. This eye witness - in this case - saw the incident take place.... that is what is important. Idiot. You need to engage your brain before spouting bullshit that makes you look dumb.

And.... science is not foolproof. Even fucking scientists know that... it's always the fucking assclowns who don't understand science, yet defend it as 'all knowing'.... they are the ones that 'hate' science.

I'm laughing my ass off right now, Otani. Your so called "expert" didn't even do a voice analysis of Trayvon Martin to see if his voice was a better match than that of Zimmerman's. Bad science isn't any better than no science at all. Trust MSNBC to run with the story though...just as they are STILL running with five year old pictures of Martin and Zimmerman.

Idiots don't question, they march lock step with their agenda... regardless of the evidence against it.

OK. You didn't read the article, did you. The expert stated that he had no voice samples from Trayvon. By now, I bet he does. And I would bet that they will be a good match.

I really don't understand why you NRA types are jumping on this and defending an obvious murderer. Keep it up, and there will be some states that roll back the 'Stand Your Ground' laws in disgust because of you people.

i am a leftie and i own guns..there is no reason to be insulting to all gun owners over this...now is there?

I"m a leftie who grew up in the far west with lockers full of venison and elk in the freezer. Everybody in my family except me hunts.

But I think my epiphany was when I was visiting in Japan in 2000. Our hosts turned the conversation to Columbine, and one turned to me and asked me what the hell was wrong with America, it's obsession with guns and how did Columbine happen. I was at a loss to explain. There are very, very few deaths by gun in Japan. This country is reverting back to the 60's and these "stand your ground" laws are an abomination, as we are seeing.

Forum List

Back