Zimmerman Fails Voice Recognition Test

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by OtaniKitano, Apr 1, 2012.

1. OtaniKitano

OtaniKitano Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Two 'experts' or the eye witness.... I lean towards believing the eye witness.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    If the evidence was piling up against Zimmerman, he would have been arrested by now.

4. OtaniKitano

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Oh yeah, that's right...you righties don't believe in science. You'd rather trust someone who saw something happen in the dark from about 100 feet away.

Well, here. Educate yourself a bit about these things. I tend to go with 21st century devices over medieval ones:

"""
    Although jurors rely heavily on eyewitness identification, there is overwhelming evidence that eyewitness identification is highly fallible and that eyewitness confidence is a poor guide to accuracy. Here are just a few examples:

A recent study (Wells, et al, 1998) examined the first 40 cases where DNA exonerated wrongfully convicted people. In 90% of the cases, mistaken eyewitness identification played a major role. In one case, 5 separate witnesses identified the defendant.
    Huff (1987) studied 500 wrongful convictions and concluded that mistaken eyewitness identification occurred in 60%. This is an amazingly high number since eyewitness identification is an important factor in only 5% of all trials (Loh, 1981).
    Cutler and Penrod (1995) examined eyewitness identification accuracy from controlled studies performed in "natural settings." In the typical study, a person enters a convenience store and performs some memorable action (such as paying in pennies) to ensure drawing the clerk's attention. Later the clerk views a photospread and identifies the "customer." The percentage of correct identification ranged from 34-48% and the percentage of false identification is 34-38%. It is hard to know how far to generalize such studies, but they suggest that eyewitnesses are almost as likely to wrong as to be correct when identifying strangers. Moreover, these results occurred until highly favorable circumstances: extended duration, good lighting, clear visibility, and no "weapons focus."""

Visual Expert Human Factors: Errors in Eyewitness Identification Procedures

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    i am a leftie and i own guns..there is no reason to be insulting to all gun owners over this...now is there?

6. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
  7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yea, that must be it. I (as a graduate of one of the world's best universities... who works daily with economics and intellectuals) hate 'science' and 'education'. It is precisely because I am educated - and respect science... that I challenge stupid people.

You need to take a look at the varying types of 'eye witnesses' before quoting bullshit. Idiot.

8. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    If science can give an almost 50/50 call based on a recording of a spoken word into cellular microphone and a shouts outside through a wall picked up by an inside telephone.

Looks pretty convincing it Zimmerman certainly on top of the eye witness.

9. OtaniKitano

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    The problem is that there has always been evidence, it was just covered up by the Sanford PD. I suspect he will be arrested and arraigned soon. I wonder if the judge will let him out on bail?

A friend of mine is a columnist for the Phila Inquirer and he published an article that is going to most likely result in some charges filed against a few police officers within a suburban Phila police department. His research revealed corruption on every level and virtually endemic within police departments throughout our area. I just can't believe Florida would be immune to such stuff, can you?

10. OtaniKitano

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Oh, of course in order for Zimmerman to be arrested somebody needs to know where the hell he is. The chickenshit is in hiding.