Zimbabwe: Cecil the lion's killer being sought for extradition

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looks like more than just his dental practice is in peril.

Zimbabwe: American lion killer's extradition being sought

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Zimbabwe intends to seek the extradition of an American dentist who killed a lion that was lured out of a national park and shot with a bow and a gun, and the process has already begun, a Cabinet minister said Friday.

"Unfortunately it was too late to apprehend the foreign poacher as he had already absconded to his country of origin," Oppah Muchinguri, Zimbabwe's environment, water and climate minister, told a news conference. "We are appealing to the responsible authorities for his extradition to Zimbabwe so that he be made accountable."

On Tuesday, American hunter Walter James Palmer issued a statement saying he relied on his guides to ensure the hunt was legal. Two Zimbabweans — a professional hunter and a farm owner — have been arrested in the killing of the lion known as Cecil, a killing garnered worldwide condemnation.

"There has been an outcry," Muchinguri said. "Almost 500,000 people are calling for his extradition and we need this support. We want him tried in Zimbabwe because he violated our laws."

She did not explain the 500,000 but there are online petitions demanding Palmer's extradition.

"I have already consulted with the authorities within the police force who are responsible for arresting the criminal. We have certain processes we have to follow," Muchinguri said at the offices of the national parks and wildlife authority. "Police should take the first step to approach the prosecutor general who will approach the Americans. The processes have already started."

Zimbabwe American lion killer s extradition being sought - Yahoo News

Baby parts sold, drones killing 200 kids and we are now outraged over a lion.

Killing the lion is wrong but this is over the top.

One word here folks. Letitgo!

Bbbbut it makes a perfect deflection FROM the baby parts being sold!!!!! Stupid liberals

Bbbbut it makes a perfect deflection FROM the baby parts being sold!!!!! Stupid liberals
Ah yes...the "baby killing" connected to the lion killing talking point. You are a useful low-info minion.

32748_thumb.jpg

A look at lion hunting in Zimbabwe - US News

Liberal morons....

Rutgers has a story posted on Yahoo....I can't find it at the moment....where the people of Zimbabwe are all asking themselves "why the uproar over a lion?"

I think that was poorly done. However, if his guides gave him bad advice, AND you fucks continue to blame him......well....Low information people are going to act and post stupidly.

A look at lion hunting in Zimbabwe - US News

Liberal morons....

Rutgers has a story posted on Yahoo....I can't find it at the moment....where the people of Zimbabwe are all asking themselves "why the uproar over a lion?"

I think that was poorly done. However, if his guides gave him bad advice, AND you fucks continue to blame him......well....Low information people are going to act and post stupidly.

I read that as well. When you live hand to mouth, a lion being poached is the least of your worries.

Indians wonder why we kill cows.
Asians wonder why we don't eat cats and dogs.

Forum List

Back