Zhukov? Comrade?

In Russia, the question asks you! :laugh:

Sorry all, I've been an infrequent lurker. Too busy traveling on the job and such now that I'm back in my real-job money making mode as an actuary.

I'm hosting none other than Dino Rossi in our society club here in Seattle, which I am V-P and hopefully soon to be President of. I plan to host some other active figures in politics this summer, and have a committement from our Senator to come speak. I will give the intro! It's pretty cool being involved so close to some of the big movers locally and nationally, who knows what it will grow into... just make sure you all vote for me!

Hey, check out the India pic in my avatar... this is from New Delhi. Can you dig the cows!?! I mean there are COWS in the freaking STREETS!

Comrade said:
I'm hosting none other than Dino Rossi in our society club here in Seattle, which I am V-P and hopefully soon to be President of. I plan to host some other active figures in politics this summer, and have a committement from our Senator to come speak. I will give the intro! It's pretty cool being involved so close to some of the big movers locally and nationally, who knows what it will grow into... just make sure you all vote for me!

Now I'm curious as to what society you are VP of! Dino Rossi is the man!

Comrade said:
In Russia, the question asks you! :laugh:

Sorry all, I've been an infrequent lurker. Too busy traveling on the job and such now that I'm back in my real-job money making mode as an actuary.

Hey, check out the India pic in my avatar... this is from New Delhi. Can you dig the cows!?! I mean there are COWS in the freaking STREETS!
The aviation business reared its ugly head, huh? :D

5stringJeff said:
Now I'm curious as to what society you are VP of! Dino Rossi is the man!

I'm excited to sit at the table with him, and introduce him to the podium. I think he'll make run for Governor in 2008, and win! I definately will give him my business card and make it known I'm a key supporter.

About the club... It's called the 'Seattle Actuary Club', and I'm Vice-President, and soon to be President if the elections this Summer hold to expectations. Members are insurance professionals in the Seattle area, although we include the key state Insurance Commissioner Office Management in our rolls. Bascially its a networking mechanism for a very unique club of AS.A. and F.S.A. designated people who live in Seattle, and more often than not end up switching the role of client and consultant with each other, depending on whether they work as a consultant or for an insurance company at the time. It's a well established club, and we often meet in the WAC for lunch and keynote speakers such as Rossie.

Mr. P said:
The aviation business reared its ugly head, huh? :D

Well I still carry around my private helo license if it were gold. And it might as well be, given it cost me 25K. I had to make a critical life-altering decision last year whether I would go on to earn my commercial license or return to actuarial consulting in Seattle and the money and opportunity won out. I mean I'm a GOOD actuary... I spent years of personal time to pass all the damned exams l established myself in the world's biggest consulting company making alot of money. But I was only an AVERAGE pilot, starting at the bottom as an instructor with perhaps an 18K salary and no other outstanding achievements in the field. I'm 35 for God's sake, I'm too old to start at the bottom AGAIN. I can always make enough in my current career to fly privately, which is really what I set to do anyway.

Actually my true passion is for politics. This may be something I may eventually explore in the same fashion as my flirtation with flight, except if I crash and burn I can still walk away from my injuries. :thup:

Comrade said:
Well I still carry around my private helo license if it were gold. And it might as well be, given it cost me 25K. I had to make a critical life-altering decision last year whether I would go on to earn my commercial license or return to actuarial consulting in Seattle and the money and opportunity won out. I mean I'm a GOOD actuary... I spent years of personal time to pass all the damned exams l established myself in the world's biggest consulting company making alot of money. But I was only an AVERAGE pilot, starting at the bottom as an instructor with perhaps an 18K salary and no other outstanding achievements in the field. I'm 35 for God's sake, I'm too old to start at the bottom AGAIN. I can always make enough in my current career to fly privately, which is really what I set to do anyway.

Actually my true passion is for politics. This may be something I may eventually explore in the same fashion as my flirtation with flight, except if I crash and burn I can still walk away from my injuries. :thup:
You made the best choice. BTW, ever hear of or read anything written by Mike Barth in your business?

Comrade said:
I'm excited to sit at the table with him, and introduce him to the podium. I think he'll make run for Governor in 2008, and win! I definately will give him my business card and make it known I'm a key supporter.

About the club... It's called the 'Seattle Actuary Club', and I'm Vice-President, and soon to be President if the elections this Summer hold to expectations. Members are insurance professionals in the Seattle area, although we include the key state Insurance Commissioner Office Management in our rolls. Bascially its a networking mechanism for a very unique club of AS.A. and F.S.A. designated people who live in Seattle, and more often than not end up switching the role of client and consultant with each other, depending on whether they work as a consultant or for an insurance company at the time. It's a well established club, and we often meet in the WAC for lunch and keynote speakers such as Rossie.

I, too, am a huge Rossi supporter. I hope he runs in 2008, and if he does, Queen Christine had better watch out!

I had actually considered being an actuary while I was in high school, but the Army doesn't really need such people, so I took a different path in college! :)

Mr. P said:
You made the best choice. BTW, ever hear of or read anything written by Mike Barth in your business?

Doesn't ring a bell, sorry. If he's an active actuary in the U.S., it's likely I'd meet him eventually, especially now that I'm actively networking. I see a Micheal I. Barth listed in the SOA directory as an A.S.A... Is that him?

Forum List

Back