ZERO US troops died in battle in March, 2014

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
For the first time in over a decade, the US military can declare a month with absolutely ZERO combat fatalities:

http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

also as attachment:

$dod casualty list end of March 2014.png

OAF (Operation Enduring Freedom) is showing 2 pending casualties to the list, but they are not supposed to be combat fatalities. See the next website - an independent watchdog website:

iCasualties | OEF | Afghanistan | Fatalities By Month

$dod casualty list end of March 2014 - indepdenent.png

Now, that is something to celebrate!

This is also being reported:

Afghan War Claimed No U.S. Soldiers in March - NBC News

Zero U.S. Troops Died In Combat In March, The First Time In More Than A Decade | ThinkProgress

(more links as they come out)

Last edited:
  • Banned
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=23905]Trajan[/MENTION] [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION] [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION] [MENTION=48060]guno[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=41303]katsteve2012[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=46804]RandomVariable[/MENTION] [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION]

-- just to name some, really thought you would like the news presented in the OP.

Please, please, please spread the word. Banner month!!!

For the first time in over a decade, the US military can declare a month with absolutely ZERO combat fatalities:

http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

also as attachment:

View attachment 29788

OAF (Operation Enduring Freedom) is showing 2 pending casualties to the list, but they are not supposed to be combat fatalities. See the next website - an independent watchdog website:

iCasualties | OEF | Afghanistan | Fatalities By Month

View attachment 29789

Now, that is something to celebrate!

This is also being reported:

Afghan War Claimed No U.S. Soldiers in March - NBC News

Zero U.S. Troops Died In Combat In March, The First Time In More Than A Decade | ThinkProgress

(more links as they come out)

good news!

that's why the neocons are banging the drum for a new war they want others to fight for them.

My thoughts:

After 11 years of casualty reports and the misery of losing many of our best and brightest and bravest, how nice it is to see such a statistic.

Those ZEROS are the sweetest ZEROS I have seen in a long time. Tears of joy close welling in me, knowing that no millitary families had to go through the horror of a funeral due to a battle death.

Just great news, great news. Best news thus far of 2014, if you ask me.

Bring them all home.

Impossible.

They were all brought home in January, 2009 exactly as He promised.

Weren't they?

Why do you have to be such a dick on a thread as joyous as this one?

Have you lost that much touch with reality? Did you fall on your head, or what?

President Obama never promised that, and you know it.

And think how the stats will look when Obama finishes the job and there are NO American troops to be exposed to danger anywhere. Except, of course, in their own homes.

Some honestly believe their New Messiah didn't promise to bring all the troops home sehr schnell but only 'cause they were busy chanting snappy slogans at the campaign rallies to hear much.

Last edited:
My thoughts:

After 11 years of casualty reports and the misery of losing many of our best and brightest and bravest, how nice it is to see such a statistic.

Those ZEROS are the sweetest ZEROS I have seen in a long time. Tears of joy close welling in me, knowing that no millitary families had to go through the horror of a funeral due to a battle death.

Just great news, great news. Best news thus far of 2014, if you ask me.

That is the best news of the year for me. I am concerned about the military suicide rate which has jumped to 25 a month. But with combat operations winding down I'm sure that rate will fall also.

When gays got the right to legally make lives miserable in the military didn't you already know suicides would increase? Get raped. Shut up. Or get dishonorably discharged as an intolerant homophobe.

Forum List

Back