Zero Hour at the Vatican: A Bitter Struggle for Control of the Catholic Church

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Photo Gallery: The Catholic Church Seeks a Leader - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International
Photo Gallery: The Catholic Church Seeks a Leader
With Pope Benedict XVI's resignation drawing closer, the struggle for power in the Vatican has gotten underway in earnest. The church badly needs to reform itself, but with Ratzinger lurking in the shadows, will it be able to?
By SPIEGEL Staff @ Catholic Church Searches for Renewal and a New Pope - SPIEGEL ONLINE

An interesting article about the upcoming election of the next pope.

What areas do you think the Church needs reform in?

Catholicism is beyond redemption. It is, after all, the latest expression of that old MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH (Rev. 17:5). Flee from it as if it were a plague . . . for it is!

Last edited:

What is 'the Church'? Do you mean the Church of Rome? If so, the question could be put differently; i.e., what areas do not need reform?

I would have thought the context of question would make it obvious Im talking about the Catholic Church. That is, after all, the only Church mentioned.

What is 'the Church'? Do you mean the Church of Rome? If so, the question could be put differently; i.e., what areas do not need reform?

I would have thought the context of question would make it obvious Im talking about the Catholic Church. That is, after all, the only Church mentioned.

'That church' would have been a more apt term. 'The Church' participates too much in that church's propaganda.

It needs to allow priests to marry. They're always complaining there aren't enough vocations and then act surprised that they're attracting weirdos. Other churches have proven for centuries that ministers, rabbis, imams, etc. can do their job and have a family at the same time. I don't see why they need to hang onto something that isn't a matter of faith, but merely canon law.

It needs to allow priests to marry. They're always complaining there aren't enough vocations and then act surprised that they're attracting weirdos. Other churches have proven for centuries that ministers, rabbis, imams, etc. can do their job and have a family at the same time. I don't see why they need to hang onto something that isn't a matter of faith, but merely canon law.

Allow them to marry? These boys are not old enough to marry. :lol:

every conclave is a fight between Roman Curia intramural factions, other factions and outside Vatican fractions.....its been that way since Christ was a corporal...well wait not quite that long...:lol:

the college of cardinals fight like overwealthy, overbored, overbotoxed reality show MILFS at a designer shoe sale...

In light of the designer shoe sale atmosphere, maybe they need a tag line :

"What happens in the conclave, stays in the conclave."

:eek:

'That church' would have been a more apt term. 'The Church' participates too much in that church's propaganda.

Forgive me. I assumed you'd be able to understand clear and obvious context. Ill try to dumb it down further in the future if that's truly what you want.

I can't say i disagree. After all, Peter was married and they look to him as the First Pope. It's not as if it would be unprecedented if they allowed them to marry.

But as im not Catholic, I more than happy to let them continue doing as they choose. I don't feel it's my place to tell them what to do. I doubt you feel that way either though im sure some here would.

every conclave is a fight between Roman Curia intramural factions, other factions and outside Vatican fractions.....its been that way since Christ was a corporal...well wait not quite that long...:lol:

the college of cardinals fight like overwealthy, overbored, overbotoxed reality show MILFS at a designer shoe sale...

Which is a shame considering Christ taught unity.

Which is a shame considering Christ taught unity.

I agree, BUT free will and humanity is what it is;)

Forum List

Back