Zero Dark Thirty confounding liberal film critics (A Hollywood film supports Dubya's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Doc91678, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Doc91678

Doc91678 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Zero Dark Thirty confounding liberal film critics (A Hollywood film supports Dubya's policies)​

Thomas Lifson
    American Thinker ^
    12/16/2012

What if Hollywood made a high profile movie that carried an implicit message supporting George W. Bush's War on Terror policies and made Barack Obama look naïve? What if the movie were made by an acclaimed director, and was really, really good?

Why, you'd have the amusing opportunity to read up on the critical reaction To Kathryn Bigelow's new blockbuster film, Zero Dark Thirty.

I confess that when I learned that Hollywood was to enjoy very broad cooperation from the intelligence community for the production, I assumed that the Obama Administration would get a free pass, a semi-hagiographic treatment of the bold president ordering the raid in Abbottabad that killed Osama bin Laden.

Kyle Smith, writing in the New York Post, explains how the closely detailed film treats the subject, and why President Obama is not happy with the outcome:

"After seeing it, I can report that it is a clear vindication for the Bush administration's view of the War on Terror. Moreover, "ZD30" subtly presents President Obama and by extension the entire Democratic establishment and its supporters in the media as hindering the effort to find bin Laden by politicizing harsh interrogation techniques and striking a pose against them that was naive at best."

Since the film is based on unpublished interviews with primary sources, it is unusually difficult to fact-check. But as information about the reality behind the story emerges, so far "ZD30" is standing up factually and is consistent with relevant statements by former CIA Director Leon Panetta and lawmakers with access to classified information about the raid.

Smith lays out how the film carefully depicts the actual context within which useful, actionable information is developed.

(Excerpt)

Read more at
    Blog: Zero Dark Thirty confounding liberal film critics

2. CrazedScotsman

CrazedScotsman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I saw a commercial on this film and have to say, it don't look all that interesting to me. I want to see it and see the story, but it just looked like a "Made for TV" movie, so I don't know. I'll wait and talk to some friends who will see it and find out if it's worth going to the movies for or wait for it to hit the video store.

Then again, I waited for "The Hurt Locker" and wished I had saw it at the theater. That is an excellent movie.

3. OKTexas

OKTexas New Life Member of the NRA 12/15 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,169
    Damn, now I'm going to have to see the damn thing. I hadn't planned to. Hollywood doing anything factually accurate now days is so rare.

4. Doc91678

Doc91678 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Scotty, I know you're 'thrifty' most Scotsmen are. Don't depend on others to make decisions, even as trifling as a cine. Make your own decisions based upon your own thoughts.

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ivoWW1-4U]The interrogator, Pt. 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0iaNMRjkno]The interrogator, Pt. 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

6. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    The movie in no way vindicates torture. In fact, it goes out of its way to be ambiguous about the results it did or did not achieve.

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,311
    Spoiler Alert:
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '

Osama bin Laden gets killed in the end

8. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    You guys may not have been around for this..

But the Obama administration gave a good amount of credit to George W. Bush for the effort to catch Osama Bin Laden.

I didn't agree with that.

George W. Bush let Osama Bin Laden slip away in Tora Bora..and then broke up the Unit hunting for him.

He also wasn't much liked by the CIA.

9. mjollnir

mjollnir BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +94
    The actual link didn't show any liberal critics being 'confounded'.

10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Yay for the Bush Obama war on terror!!! Bush was Hitler and Obama is a Demi-God for the same war, yay! I'm an idiot progressive who supports every policy I once hated under Bush, every single one of them, in fact I can’t think of a single repeal but understand many of the worst most hated policies have been expanded upon by the beautiful caring war loving Obama! Yay!

Yay war movies! Yay!