Zeppelin vs Floyd

Zeppelin vs Floyd

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You do realize that an album such as the wall is based around one charcter losing his mind as his various phobias and life experience growing up in britian registers, it's not just random tunes and has nothing to do with cover art, don't you?

Claiming what I wrote referred to slick packaging only tells people you had no idea what those floyd albums are and represent.

It's not a knock on Led Zep, but floyd did put concepts better together and a lot of people like that better.

well no shit it's a concept album. Does that mean you'd like the music LESS if it were packaged in a brown paper bag?

:lol:

Wasn't In thru the Out door originally packaged like that?

or are you thinking solely of John and Yoko's "Two Virgins"?

to be honest i'm thinking of LZ IV... the album that officially went unnamed because LZ could sell a record based solely on their music rather than packaging.

Led Zeppelin's fourth album was released on 8 November 1971. There was no indication of a title or a band name on the original cover, but on the LP label four symbols were printed—. The band were motivated to undertake this decision because of their disdain for the music press, which tended to label them as hyped and overrated. In response, they released the album with no indication of who they were in order to prove that the music could sell itself.[22] The album is variously referred to as Four Symbols and The Fourth Album (both titles were used in the Atlantic Records catalogue), and also IV, Untitled, Zoso, Runes, Sticks, Man With Sticks, and Four. It is still officially untitled and most commonly referred to as Led Zeppelin IV. In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in 2005, Plant said that it is simply called The Fourth Album.[54]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin

Last edited:
well no shit it's a concept album. Does that mean you'd like the music LESS if it were packaged in a brown paper bag?

:lol:

Wasn't In thru the Out door originally packaged like that?

or are you thinking solely of John and Yoko's "Two Virgins"?

to be honest i'm thinking of LZ IV... the album that officially went unnamed because LZ could sell a record based solely on their music rather than packaging.

aka "zoso" aka "symbols"

ps.. the Rolling Stones is better than Pink Floyd, too. the more you know...

Everybody has an opinion on their music, mine just disagrees with yours. But having said that....I like Zeppelin a lot...and I like Pink Floyd just a little more.:cool:

I have no quarrel with that. Indeed, I love Floyd too... And, I understand the imipact of personal preference... but, Floyd didn't change music like Zep did. On that alone I have to side with Zep.

Kind of a silly debate really, considering the fact that Jethro Tull is far superior to both of them put together. It's kind of like arguing over who was the better Boston Celtic, Scott Wedman or Jerry Sichting. :lol:

For Me it is a no-brainer.

Floyd is always king.

Besides, every radio station that plays classic rock will play Led Zeppelin four to five times an hour. I've been listening to Led Zeppelin for 35 years and its getting old.

Burned out is what I'm trying to say.

A no-brainer.

Floyd.

They have so overplayed Zeppelin that over the past 35 years I have come to detest them and I used to think they were the best. In fact, if the local plays Zep, I turn the station just because I can't stand to listen to them anymore.

What is the most played rock song of all time?

Stairway to Heaven.

What is the most played rock album of all time?

Dark Side of the Moon.

I love both. But, Zeppelin is better. The musicianship of each member was incomparable. Page is a great player and composer (and rip off artist let us not forget), Plant is a great performer whose style has been many times immitated, Bonham was a monster drummer who openned up a whole new way of thinking about rock'n'roll drums, and John Paul was the glue that held it all together and was masterful and talented at each of his different roles in the band. Led Zeppelin sold more albums, and helped start a whole new genre: Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. They were far more influential.

That said, Pink Floyd is still awesome. But Gilmore is a pompous ass and his music since Syd, although very good music, is self-indulgent.

This is a tough call on the surface but I'm pretty sure Zep had more impact on music by a factor of 8 than Floyd. I love Pink Floyd. But comparing them to Zep is like comparing the lightbulb with indoor plumbing; you love both but, let's face it, the bulb has a greater impact.

until you have a slab leak.....

Yawwwwwwwn, like I said, hip hop is very popular and the people that love it think it's great music, Country music people think that stuff is great too and it's very popular, so are SUVs...... who cares? Led Zeppelin is just another overrated obnoxiously loud, boring band...... a dime a dozen.

Sitaro...you may not like them,but to say Zeppelin is a dime a dozen shows how much you know about rock music....not much....Dino,Desi and Billy are a dime a dozen....

...Led Zeppelin while high on pot, and Pink Floyd while zooming on 'shrooms.

Both great bands with plenty of talent, but different genres of music IMO.

You coulda made it real hard and threw in Rush for a 3 way battle...

Remember, this poll is by someone who still listens to Poison..............:eusa_whistle:

I actually met Poison once, after a show they did here with Ratt in January 1987. They were all at the bar of the hotel they were staying after the show. They actually seemed pretty cool, other than Bobby Dall, who kicked out a bathroom stall door and accused me of not having any balls because I wouldn't do likewise. I would've but I didn't have the $200 to pay for the door if I'd been caught. In retrospect I should've bet him $1,000 I'd do it, so even if I did end up paying for the door, I still would've come out $800 ahead.

Rush blows monkey chunks, so it can still be narrowed down to the initial two.

After that, I think they're equal in talent, but personally I liked Floyd better.

After that, I think they're equal in talent, but personally I liked Floyd better.

You might be in the rock n roll minority saying Rush blows monkey chunks.

Monkey chunks:clap2::lol::lol:

I don't think I could ever get tired of Led Zeppelin I and II.

they do have a tendency to overplay Zep.....the DJ's from every decade seem to think it is expected,till this day i am kinda sick of Stairway to Heaven....

that may be true, but zep 1 and 2, if you play from start to finish sounds fresh because many of the songs aren't played that much.

I agree re. Rush. the singer's voice sounds like somebody is sodomizing a cat.

You do realize that an album such as the wall is based around one charcter losing his mind as his various phobias and life experience growing up in britian registers, it's not just random tunes and has nothing to do with cover art, don't you?

Claiming what I wrote referred to slick packaging only tells people you had no idea what those floyd albums are and represent.

It's not a knock on Led Zep, but floyd did put concepts better together and a lot of people like that better.

Floyd certainly does beat Zeppelin hands down in the self-centered, whiny, bitchy, thin-skinned artist category. :lol:

Well.... That certainly cleared it up for us!

I agree re. Rush. the singer's voice sounds like somebody is sodomizing a cat.

but they do have one fucking great drummer.....

Forum List

Back