Zell Miller Is Writing Again

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/0704/05zell.html

....All the loudmouthed liberals were recently shouting in unison. Gore accused Bush of deliberately deceiving the American people before the Iraq war. According to Gore, Bush made up connections between al-Qaida and Saddam Hussein to dupe us into Iraq. But as with so much of what Gore has said recently, it's just not true.

As the Republican chairman and the Democratic co-chairman of the 9/11 commission said countless times, ties between al-Qaida and Iraq definitely existed. What we're not sure about is whether Saddam had anything to do with the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. And guess what? That's exactly what Bush said last year: "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with Sept. 11." So much for deception...

Then there's the ultraliberal group America Coming Together. They don't officially work with any campaign, but the Associated Press reported that "ACT is stocked with veteran Democratic political operatives, many with past ties to [Sen. John] Kerry and his advisers."

Now these former Kerry advisers have come up with a brilliant plan to get him elected. They've actually been paying convicted felons to go door-to-door registering people to vote. Excuse me if I seem old fashioned, but I'd prefer not to have convicted felons showing up on my doorstep.

Unfortunately for people in Missouri, Florida and Ohio, that's exactly what's happening. And these aren't petty criminals. According to the Associated Press, these paid canvassers have been convicted of burglary, forgery, drug dealing, assault and sex offenses. Politics does make strange bed-felons.

And of course we've all heard the harangues from Moveon.org, the far-left political organization that tries to stir up anger about President Bush. These folks became famous when they put a couple of ads on their Web site that compared the president of the United States to Adolf Hitler. Then a few weeks ago, they hosted a big speech by George Soros, the billionaire bankroller of the Bush-bashers. Soros claimed that Bush's leadership in the war on terror has turned Americans from victims of terrorism into perpetrators.

As crazy as these charges sound, more and more they seem to represent the standard thinking among Kerry Democrats. After all, right before Soros spoke, one of my Democratic Senate colleagues introduced him by saying, "We need people like George Soros, who is fearless and willing to step up when it counts."

I'll tell you, if we need people like Soros speaking for our party, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.....

Originally posted by Kathianne
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/0704/05zell.html Unfortunately for people in Missouri, Florida and Ohio, that's exactly what's happening. And these aren't petty criminals. According to the Associated Press, these paid canvassers have been convicted of burglary, forgery, drug dealing, assault and sex offenses. Politics does make strange bed-felons.

Hey, give credit where it's due. What an ingenious double-whammy. You get paid by the Demo's to collect data and at the same time you can case the joint.

Liberal ingenuity at work.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Hey, give credit where it's due. What an ingenious double-whammy. You get paid by the Demo's to collect data and at the same time you can case the joint.

Liberal ingenuity at work.

Yep, they got it all down. :p:

I notice he didnt mention who is Democratic Senate Colleague was. I dont blame him though. With her husband running the DNC, i wouldnt want to be on their bad side even being a maverick democrat.

I have no problem with giving Ex-cons a second chance at society but i wouldnt put them in a posistion to commit a similar crime. Like sending a sex-offender to someone's house that might have a young girl or boy answering the door. I also wouldn't be giving my information to anyone let alone an ex-con.

This is just the desperation of the democrats to win the election showing. Zell is the only one that seems to be calling people on it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back