Zarkawi's #2 wacked!

Excellent! Too bad they had to wack him, if they caught his ass they could probably get him to cough up Zarqawi and Bin Laden...

was the best thing they could have done...he would never had given up#1...this way #1 Zarqawi will have his panties in a bunch...probably hiding in a hole like Saddam did...just a matter of time now! :crutch:

archangel said:
was the best thing they could have done...he would never had given up#1...this way #1 Zarqawi will have his panties in a bunch...probably hiding in a hole like Saddam did...just a matter of time now! :crutch:

good olde russian justice....."muzzel to the medula" :2guns:

Personally getting the #2 don't mean shit, same with Bin Laden's underlings, don't mean shit, the roots will always grow back unless you pull it all up, until Bin Laden and Zarqawi are smoked or caught in the flesh nothing else means shit.

How many "big" Al Qaeda operatives have we supposedly clipped or caught? Still they operate with impunity.

I will reiterate that we need beefed up troop numbers and heavier tactics to win the WOT, until then, until it stops being run from the oval office and starts to be run from the battlefield it will continue as the stalemate it is today.

OCA said:
Personally getting the #2 don't mean shit, same with Bin Laden's underlings, don't mean shit, the roots will always grow back unless you pull it all up, until Bin Laden and Zarqawi are smoked or caught in the flesh nothing else means shit.

How many "big" Al Qaeda operatives have we supposedly clipped or caught? Still they operate with impunity.

I will reiterate that we need beefed up troop numbers and heavier tactics to win the WOT, until then, until it stops being run from the oval office and starts to be run from the battlefield it will continue as the stalemate it is today.

agree....but a dead one is still a good one

I agree with OCA. Just way to many crazies in the Muslim world. I was just reading an article about Somalia today, and there was a woman being interveiwed. She hates Americans and wants to "cut them into peices" because...ready?...As her countrymen shot down an American blackhawk helicopter, it crashed into her daughter. Like I said, they are not right upstairs.

theim said:
I agree with OCA. Just way to many crazies in the Muslim world. I was just reading an article about Somalia today, and there was a woman being interveiwed. She hates Americans and wants to "cut them into peices" because...ready?...As her countrymen shot down an American blackhawk helicopter, it crashed into her daughter. Like I said, they are not right upstairs.

Count me in ---more troops and bigger sticks. :tank:

OCA said:

Politicians are pretty dumb at making war. They're good at goofing it up though.

We have military professionals for a reason. It gripes my ass to see them used in a manner completely inconsistent with their training, and to have some dipshit politican ignore the strategy/tactics a professional warrior advocates just to appease public whiners.

GunnyL said:
Politicians are pretty dumb at making war. They're good at goofing it up though.

We have military professionals for a reason. It gripes my ass to see them used in a manner completely inconsistent with their training, and to have some dipshit politican ignore the strategy/tactics a professional warrior advocates just to appease public whiners.

What the hell happened to WWII style tactics like massing an offensive with 50-100,000 troops and sweeping through a country? Worked in Europe, don't see why it can't work here.

OCA said:
What the hell happened to WWII style tactics like massing an offensive with 50-100,000 troops and sweeping through a country? Worked in Europe, don't see why it can't work here.

Missiles.

Interesting, what one finds as one looks at what is discouraging Americans by and large is NOT the WOT, but the way it is being waged. Seems most think the idea of 'root them out where they are' and 'if you are harboring them,' watch out' is the right way to go. That is not what is being done and the public gets it, yet our guys are dying. Granted more innocents are dying, which is why there is not a hue and cry to pull out-the people get that too. If GW was smart, he'd go back to where he was, early on.

OCA said:

We were out win an unconditional war with military power during WWII. Now we are out to acheive political goals with selective showing of military force. It puts our military on the defense too much when it is designed and the troops trained to attack, not play cop.

I agree with you though ..... get on line and sweep everything before us. Starting in Syria and ending when we get to the Chinese border.

GunnyL said:
We were out win an unconditional war with military power during WWII. Now we are out to acheive political goals with selective showing of military force. It puts our military on the defense too much when it is designed and the troops trained to attack, not play cop.

I agree with you though ..... get on line and sweep everything before us. Starting in Syria and ending when we get to the Chinese border.
Agreed. If the DOD, with administrative backing was doing this, Bush would find his approval ratings in the high 60's, v. low to mid 40's.

Kathianne said:
Agreed. If the DOD, with administrative backing was doing this, Bush would find his approval ratings in the high 60's, v. low to mid 40's.

President Bush tends to try and make everyone happy, and we KNOW what the result of that is .... NOBODY's happy.

He should put that General in New Orleans in charge and stand back.

Forum List

Back