Zack Greinke

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
For the first time last night, I had the chance to watch the Royals' Zack Greinke pitch. I'd heard quite a bit of good stuff about him, but wanted to see for myself. After watching it, perhaps for once the hype is justified. :clap2:

The run that the Tigers scored against him is notable for one fact - it's the first he's given up this year. That said, it went into the books as unearned.

He's now 4-0 this year with a 0.00 ERA. The Tigers offensive lineup is pretty good but they looked amateur against Greinke. He sat down the last 15 in order, and K'd 6 of the last 9. Yesterday was his 2nd consecutive CG. I've included a link to his bio page, which those of you not familiar with him should check out.

Zack Greinke Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | royals.com: Team

The announcers on the Tigers network were speculating that it may have had something to do with the game scheduling ((Tigs got out of Anaheim just before midnight, landed in KC around 5, got to their hotel at 6am and had to get up about 5 hours later to leave for the ballpark). That's a tough schedule to deal with and may have something to do with it, but this kid Greinke was just filthy.

His ERA over the last 4 years has been steadily coming down. 5.80, 4.28, 3.69, 3.47. His WHIP this season is 0.86, and opponents are batting under .200 against him. His K:BB ratio is 6:1.

If he remains healthy, this guy has it within him to be something you don't see very often. I'm gonna make sure I have tix when the KC comes to Detroit. And I hope he has a good support network behind him, because the hype is going to go through the roof.

Last edited:
I've had him in fantasy baseball, his only downside is playing for the crappy royals, they rarely score enough for him.

His slider is absolutely filthy.

If he can keep it together for a full season he's this years' Tim Lincecum.

I doubt he will, he's had these streches before, but I would like to see it.

I actually can remember when the Royals played great baseball.

It's a shame they have been so bad for so long.

I doubt he will, he's had these streches before, but I would like to see it.

I actually can remember when the Royals played great baseball.

It's a shame they have been so bad for so long.

I've seen flashes out brilliance out of him before. He was lights out for a while last season. He definitely has the stuff to be an ace and it seems like his mental problems are in the past now. I'm pulling for him, baseball needs elite pitchers ... we don't have enough of them.

Oh, and don't count the Royals out. They are my sleeper team this year. They made a couple of decent improvements during the off season, Meche and Greinke are a nice 1-2 combo, and they got a stud closer. KC is going to win some ball games.

great to see that the Royals fans FINALLY have something to cheer about and a reason to go out to the ballpark now after all these years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back