Yushchenko's acne points to dioxin poisoning

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
You have to follow the link and look at the before and after pictures of Yushchenko, to see the full effects of what happened to him. Poisoned or not, something radical happened to the man's face.

As disputed presidential election results provoke protests in Kiev, a British toxicologist is supporting candidate Viktor Yushchenko's claim that he was poisoned earlier in the campaign.

Yushchenko, the leader of the opposition, was hospitalized with a mystery illness in September and later claimed that he had been poisoned by the government. However, the Austrian doctors who treated him denied having found any evidence of this.

John Henry, a clinical toxicologist at St Mary's Hospital, London, and a consultant for Britain's National Poisons Information Service, points out that current photos of Yushchenko's face show a dramatic transformation compared with a few months ago.

He says that Yushchenko's disfiguring acne is almost certainly 'chloracne', a characteristic symptom of dioxin poisoning.

Dioxins are a group of chlorinated organic molecules. They are long-lived and form as a by-product of many industrial processes, such as waste incineration.

Exposure to dioxins is known to increase the risk of cancer and can cause severe reproductive and developmental problems.

The most toxic dioxin is a compound called,2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, or TCDD. In 1976, an industrial explosion in Seveso, Italy, released 20 kilograms of dioxins into the atmosphere, causing the highest known exposure of any population to TCDD.

Skin lesions similar to burns appeared on some children a few hours after the accident. Two months later, chloracne broke out on the people most exposed to the cloud.

Marcello Lotti, an expert in occupational medicine at the University of Padua, Italy, questions the validity of Henry's conclusion. He argues that it is impossible to make such a diagnosis simply by looking at a photo.

Lotti adds that he would be surprised if anyone were to select dioxin as a poison. "Dioxins have only modest toxicity and you would need an extremely high dose to get chloracne," he says. "Only kilos of contaminated food, administered over several days, would give you chloracne."

Henry admits that he does not have any toxicological evidence to back up his claim. "My diagnosis is from the photo and from the medical report of him being normal two months earlier," he says.

"Very few medical conditions give this type of transformation in such a short time," he points out.

Henry also argues that it would be possible to produce the effect seen in Yushchenko's face from a single high dose of dioxin hidden in food.

Link

Tyrants will stop at nothing. This poor bastard has the life expectancy of someone with dirt on the Clintons.

Comrade said:
Those before/after pictures remind me of a clearasil ad in reverse.

Maybe he ate and McDonalds? :teeth:

Got zits? Oxycutem.

The picture could actually be from 1984 when he was awarded manger of the month title working at McDonalds Chernobyl. :D

musicman said:
Tyrants will stop at nothing. This poor bastard has the life expectancy of someone with dirt on the Clintons.

Hillary: I did not have sexual relations with that man. :D

Said1 said:
Hillary: I did not have sexual relations with that man. :D

LOL! "And no man ALIVE can say different!"

Also - Sandy Berger sleeps with the fishes. He's run his last errand.

I was looking for the visual before/after comparison last week, after I saw CNN flash it up briefly, but simply could not find it.

The contrast is so striking I wonder why it's been largely ignored.

The (past-probably and future-definitely) elected President of the largest European country is so obviously poisoned and most news sources are quiet about it?

Well, actually I guess that makes sense.

Wouldn't want to get on anyone's bad side after all. It's one thing to bad mouth the good guys, because well, they're the good guys, they aren't going to do anything.

But bad mouth the bad guys?

Zhukov said:
I was looking for the visual before/after comparison last week, after I saw CNN flash it up briefly, but simply could not find it.

The contrast is so striking I wonder why it's been largely ignored.

The (past-probably and future-definitely) elected President of the largest European country is so obviously poisoned and most news sources are quiet about it?

Well, actually I guess that makes sense.

Wouldn't want to get on anyone's bad side after all. It's one thing to bad mouth the good guys, because well, they're the good guys, they aren't going to do anything.

But bad mouth the bad guys?

Great point, Zhukov. Here is a European nation eagerly - indeed, desperately - reaching for Western ideals, and what do they get from us? Stifled yawns, apparently. Now, if they would just behave like disdainful, foul-tempered ingrates, that would be another matter, I guess.

Zhukov said:

I saw his picture on the front page of a local paper here, but forgot to buy it on my way home from my walk. It took me awhile to find it again also. Pretty horrific stuff.

musicman said:

damn, :laugh: i've been laughing my ass off about that for the past few minutes

i hope he wins and democracy wins in ukraine, i just hope pres. bush and blair will help the ukrainian people with support (moral and political)

Forum List

Back