Yup Obama picking winners Dems should be proud

From the article: "As to his failure to pay payroll taxes from 2001 to 2004 while he worked for the International Monetary Fund, Geithner said: "These were careless mistakes. They were avoidable mistakes."

So are we to expect four years of careless, avoidable mistakes in his running of the Treasury Department?

Of course,now he knows he will get away with it...Dems don't hold their own accountable..

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I agree. If it had been his income tax I'd say it disqualified him. But if you read the facts it is a pretty common mistake, even for tax accountants to make. Maybe he'll move to simplify the tax code.

I disagree. You do NOT put someone in charge of the Nation's treasury who makes "pretty common mistakes" with money. That's a no-brainer.

• Thanks
This guy is a joke, and anyone who defends him is a bigger joke.

Failing to pay taxes is a crime, and he should be punished as anyone else would be.

The man did not make a mistake. He did not "fail" to pay his taxes. He just flat didn't do it. He "neglected" to pay his taxes. From what I have come to understand, he was required to file a certain form each quarter that he was employed by the IMF. Every US Citizen that is employed by the IMF knows this going in. He would NEVER have paid the monies due if not nominated by the new President for a position on the cabinet. Just another crook being rewarded for knowing the right people at the right time.

• Thanks
Somebody ask Joe Biden if he thinks this guy is patriotic!

ps. I stole it from Hannity.. :eusa_whistle:

I agree. If it had been his income tax I'd say it disqualified him. But if you read the facts it is a pretty common mistake, even for tax accountants to make. Maybe he'll move to simplify the tax code.

The tax code isn't that complicated, especially if lawyers would stay the fuck out of it.

Yeah, I think it's time we all start investing in these:

tinfoil+hat.jpg

Armageddon is upon us.

The guy fucked up and made some stupid mistakes. That doesn't effect his ability to run the Treasury Department. He should and will be confirmed.

Its scary that the braindead like DavidS exist and are allowed to actually vote.....:cuckoo:

But in the end, this scumbag will be confirmed and accepted.... the sole reason being, he is a Democrat.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back