Yup - Libs are right, War's going Horrible! :P

nakedemperor said:
It is in no way helpful or productive to generalize and denounce liberals for believing things that the two liberals I've seen posting on this thread (MJ and myself) come nowhere close to believing. You're spewing baseless misinformation that contributes to the dialogue in no way. If you want to gripe, bitch and moan about hypothetical liberals, take it elsewhere.

Sure it is... not as helpful as a civil war would be, but still helpful nonetheless.. .

That info is not baseless and does contribute....

Making you feel uncomfortable? ;)

Can't make the distinction between an insult and being insulted by one?

I can punch you but that doesn't mean it will hurt you. It is still a hit but that doesn't mean it hurt.

A small kid can call me a poopy face. That is an insult. Does that mean I'm insulted by it? No.

Because something intends a result does not necessarily mean that that result is accomplished. Then again most people on this board (maybe not you) don't believe you can respect the troops but not every little thing they are commanded to do.

Everyone needs to learn to draw distinctions - life is clearer.

And yes, simply saying "no" and refusing to talk anymore is childish and is similar to getting mad and just leaving.

Once again Mr. Clinton, I'm sorry for my minute inaccuracy with my language. I don't have to use the words "read" and "write" for you to know what I mean do I?

nakedemperor said:
Hey, Merlin. I didn't say the account wasn't accurate. I said A SINGLE ACCOUNT isn't enough to justify "the war in Iraq is going well". Anyone in their right mind would agree.

Then again, single national intelligence agency is also not enough to justify "the war in Iraq is going poorly".

"Every time a first-hand account surfaces from the ground in Iraq." I've read first hand accounts going BOTH WAYS. You don't see me calling conservatives blind and arrogant for believing that things ARE going well.

Get off your horse.

Get off my horse? How about getting out of your rut? Your responses to anything positive is consistent and predictable. These statements come one at a time, and leftist responses to each is the same - "It's only one person's account". What they're really saying is that it's a SOLDIER'S account and that is left wing code for "it lacks credibility". Never mind that there have been hundreds such statements circulated on the net - the lefty response is always the same.

The funniest part of this entire presidential campaign is watching leftists turn purple while they try to pretend that they have anything but loathing for the military. I've been enjoying that - the dumb bastards are caught in their own politically correct code.

Want a little more first hand news that is not just "one person's account"? Try this:

http://www.25idl.army.mil/

Don't worry, you'll still have a ready-made excuse to discount the information on this site. You can claim it's military propoganda. But are you allowed to do that? Better check with the kerry campaign to see if bashing the military is allowed yet.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Can't make the distinction between an insult and being insulted by one?

I can punch you but that doesn't mean it will hurt you. It is still a hit but that doesn't mean it hurt.

A small kid can call me a poopy face. That is an insult. Does that mean I'm insulted by it? No.

Because something intends a result does not necessarily mean that that result is accomplished. Then again most people on this board (maybe not you) don't believe you can respect the troops but not every little thing they are commanded to do.

Everyone needs to learn to draw distinctions - life is clearer.

And yes, simply saying "no" and refusing to talk anymore is childish and is similar to getting mad and just leaving.

Once again Mr. Clinton, I'm sorry for my minute inaccuracy with my language. I don't have to use the words "read" and "write" for you to know what I mean do I?

Again...I think you are losin' it.

Merlin1047 said:
\]What they're really saying is that it's a SOLDIER'S account and that is left wing code for "it lacks credibility".

This is from an earlier post on this thread:

"Hey, Merlin. I didn't say the account wasn't accurate."

Spin spin spin.

I also don't loathe the military. I don't know how I can argue with your assertion that I'm "pretending" to like it...

nakedemperor said:
This is from an earlier post on this thread:

"Hey, Merlin. I didn't say the account wasn't accurate."

Spin spin spin.

if the guy's report is accurate, it has merrit. If you consider it accurate or having merrit you would not have discounted it.

It's hard for people, especially online, to admit when they are wrong.

:)

-=d=- said:
if the guy's report is accurate, it has merrit. If you consider it accurate or having merrit you would not have discounted it.

It's hard for people, especially online, to admit when they are wrong.

:)

What is so hard to understand about the proposition, 'This guy's account might be true, but even if it is, one man's account is limited geographically.'

How does that 'discount' his account? It merely puts it in perspective!

nakedemperor said:
What is so hard to understand about the proposition, 'This guy's account might be true, but even if it is, one man's account is limited geographically.'

Oh, I see - you were being "nuanced". Why didn't you say so?

nakedemperor said:

Is it so unfeasable for your pea-sized brain to think that, perhaps, since he's a Captain, that he gets/hears war breifings from most of Iraq?

Why do croonies like you WANT the war to go bad? Your hatered for Bush so overwhelms you that you can't even think straight in the face of facts..

-Cp said:
Is it so unfeasable for your pea-sized brain to think that, perhaps, since he's a Captain, that he gets/hears war breifings from most of Iraq?

Why do croonies like you WANT the war to go bad? Your hatered for Bush so overwhelms you that you can't even think straight in the face of facts..

Who the hell said I WANT the war to go bad? Who ever said I hated the president!? You have no qualms with putting words right into my mouth and then criticizing me for things I never said. Take it elsewhere!

nakedemperor said:
Who the hell said I WANT the war to go bad? Who ever said I hated the president!? You have no qualms with putting words right into my mouth and then criticizing me for things I never said. Take it elsewhere!

You want it to go bad so you can get your man, Kerry, in office... You don't have to say it, your actions (post) prove all..

-Cp said:
You want it to go bad so you can get your man, Kerry, in office... You don't have to say it, your actions (post) prove all..

This is like arguing with a child.

I have said nothing near to 'wanting things to go bad'. The only thing you're basing this assumption on is that I'm a Kerry supporter. Kerry supporter = wants troops to die, loves Islam, hates America, lies, etc. This has been programmed into your mind and despite having no evidence to back up these slanderous claims that say I'm unpatriotic and teasonous, you go ahead and say it anyway.

nakedemperor said:

I have said nothing near to 'wanting things to go bad'. The only thing you're basing this assumption on is that I'm a Kerry supporter. Kerry supporter = wants troops to die, loves Islam, hates America, lies, etc. This has been programmed into your mind and despite having no evidence to back up these slanderous claims that say I'm unpatriotic and teasonous, you go ahead and say it anyway.

Have you heard the Lewis Black shtick re: the above mentioned? Pretty funny.

nakedemperor said:

Why do you support Kerry?

Forum List

Back