Yup! He's Still Going Foward with Amnesty

Your dictionary did not say "anything less than deportation."

It's your interpretations of those words that you want accepted as definitions, and that won't ever ever happen.

Your dictionary did not say "anything less than deportation."

It's your interpretations of those words that you want accepted as definitions, and that won't ever ever happen.
It isn't "interpretation" when there is no other way for it to fit the definitition. Fits it like a glove. :biggrin:

Actually, I asked the question first. Several posts ago. Even with that said, who asked first is irrelevant. You made a claim, you back it up. Simple as that. If you can't, then move along.
And yet you won't back up your claim? Hypocrite.
I did back it up. I linked to his speech. Feel free to show me where in that speech he said he would grant amnesty. Perhaps I missed it.
No, you didn't miss it, because ever journalist in the country has been talking about it for 3 days now, and YOU KNOW it. He said this (shown on Fox, CNN, & MSNBC about 200 times over the last 3 days) >>

"And, you know, I think that the best way, if folks are serious about getting immigration reform done, is going ahead and passing a bill and getting it to my desk.
And then the executive actions that I take go away. They’re superseded by the law that is passed.
And, you know, I think that the best way, if folks are serious about getting immigration reform done, is going ahead and passing a bill and getting it to my desk.
And then the executive actions that I take go away".

And you ought to be ashamed of yourself for posting a long speech, and then asking someone to find a tiny portion of it (needle in a haystack) and post it. well I did just that. Now you may answer MY question. >>>

You are seriously coming in here and trying to say that Obama has NOT said he would declare amnesty for illegal immigrants (by issuing an executive order for it) ? :lol:
Hmm. What you quoted says "executive actions." It does not say he will be granting amnesty through those executive actions. Even Reagan took executive actions in immigration.

To find Obama mentioning amnesty in the given speech is very easy with the search function enabled in most browsers. Lastly, I am saying that in the speech decried as so partisan by many, Obama did not in fact say he would declare amnesty. He didn't even say amnesty once, nor did he say granting citizenship to illegal immigrants or a variant of that once.
He is talking about allowing illegal aliens to stay in the US, In my view, anything less than deportation is amnesty. doesn't matter what word you use. the important thing is that the illegal are being allowed to STAY HERE.
So you don't like the idea of prioritizing the deportation of dangerous and violent criminals over peaceful families and children?

[

Amnesty - anything less than deportation.
That isn't the definition of amnesty. Obama has said he is considering an executive order that would make it clear that immigration agencies should focus on deporting criminals and repeat immigration offenders. That isn't amnesty, and actually it is sensible.

It's MY definition of amnesty, and as I just said, it doesn't matter what you call it.

And you missed the part about >> "deferred action." The plan calls for expanding deferred action for illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children -- but also for the parents of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents. The latter could allow upwards of 4.5 million illegal immigrant adults with U.S.-born children to stay, according to estimates.

Another part of the EO, is a plan to expand deferred action for young people. In June 2012, Obama created such a program for illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children, entered before June 2007 and were under 31 as of June 2012. The change would expand that to cover anyone who entered before they were 16, and change the cut-off from June 2007 to Jan. 1, 2010. This is estimated to make nearly 300,000 illegal immigrants eligible.

Then there's tech jobs though a State Department immigrant visa program which would offer another half-million immigrants a path to citizenship. This would include their spouses as well.

I posted all this 2 pages back in Post # 336. What's the matter ? You don't read the thread before posting ?
Well I prefer to use the ACTUAL definition of amnesty, not your made-up definition. Your made up definition is invalid and dishonest. It would be like saying "Real wages have soared under Obama" and defining real wages as college tuition prices.

I did back it up. I linked to his speech. Feel free to show me where in that speech he said he would grant amnesty. Perhaps I missed it.
No, you didn't miss it, because ever journalist in the country has been talking about it for 3 days now, and YOU KNOW it. He said this (shown on Fox, CNN, & MSNBC about 200 times over the last 3 days) >>

"And, you know, I think that the best way, if folks are serious about getting immigration reform done, is going ahead and passing a bill and getting it to my desk.
And then the executive actions that I take go away. They’re superseded by the law that is passed.
And, you know, I think that the best way, if folks are serious about getting immigration reform done, is going ahead and passing a bill and getting it to my desk.

And you ought to be ashamed of yourself for posting a long speech, and then asking someone to find a tiny portion of it (needle in a haystack) and post it. well I did just that. Now you may answer MY question. >>>

You are seriously coming in here and trying to say that Obama has NOT said he would declare amnesty for illegal immigrants (by issuing an executive order for it) ? :lol:
Hmm. What you quoted says "executive actions." It does not say he will be granting amnesty through those executive actions. Even Reagan took executive actions in immigration.

To find Obama mentioning amnesty in the given speech is very easy with the search function enabled in most browsers. Lastly, I am saying that in the speech decried as so partisan by many, Obama did not in fact say he would declare amnesty. He didn't even say amnesty once, nor did he say granting citizenship to illegal immigrants or a variant of that once.
He is talking about allowing illegal aliens to stay in the US, In my view, anything less than deportation is amnesty. doesn't matter what word you use. the important thing is that the illegal are being allowed to STAY HERE.
So you don't like the idea of prioritizing the deportation of dangerous and violent criminals over peaceful families and children?

I might only prioritize them in terms of the TIMING of the deportations, with the dangerous and violent criminals being the first ones to go, except that if they are convicted of serious crimes they should be imprisoned and/or executed.

[

That isn't the definition of amnesty. Obama has said he is considering an executive order that would make it clear that immigration agencies should focus on deporting criminals and repeat immigration offenders. That isn't amnesty, and actually it is sensible.

It's MY definition of amnesty, and as I just said, it doesn't matter what you call it.

And you missed the part about >> "deferred action." The plan calls for expanding deferred action for illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children -- but also for the parents of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents. The latter could allow upwards of 4.5 million illegal immigrant adults with U.S.-born children to stay, according to estimates.

Another part of the EO, is a plan to expand deferred action for young people. In June 2012, Obama created such a program for illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children, entered before June 2007 and were under 31 as of June 2012. The change would expand that to cover anyone who entered before they were 16, and change the cut-off from June 2007 to Jan. 1, 2010. This is estimated to make nearly 300,000 illegal immigrants eligible.

Then there's tech jobs though a State Department immigrant visa program which would offer another half-million immigrants a path to citizenship. This would include their spouses as well.

I posted all this 2 pages back in Post # 336. What's the matter ? You don't read the thread before posting ?
Well I prefer to use the ACTUAL definition of amnesty, not your made-up definition. Your made up definition is invalid and dishonest. It would be like saying "Real wages have soared under Obama" and defining real wages as college tuition prices.
[

Talking about the word "amnesty " and its definition is a Democrat word-game SCAM. It doesn't matter what you call it. The issue is allowing people who are in the US illegally to reamin, or to deport them. That's all. You can call it Pig Feed if you like. :lol:

In his post-election press conference, Obama has stated (somewhere in about a thousand words) that he IS going to enact an executive order to give amnesty to illegal aliens (what he calls "comprehensive immigration reform"). When asked if he thought this would endanger relations with the new Republican Congress, he just brushed it off with some barely intelligible double talk.

He blamed the holding up of CIR on the House, as if CIR was a good thing, and it was all the House's fault for not passing it. Don't expect him to say that a mass deportation program is what would be the good thing, and it is the Democrat Senate that has stood in the way of that. He also FALSELY said that most Americans want to legalize illegal aliens. A statement that is 100% FALSE, with 2/3 of American OPPOSING amnesty.

Obama also uttered FALSE information on the economics of amnesty, claiming that it would get illegal aliens (of course he didn't call them that) to pay their taxes. No mention of course about the reduction of taxes paid because of the lower incomes that these migrant are willing to work for. No mention of the staggering $123 Billion/year America's economy is losing, to the remittances that immigrants routinely wire out of the country. No mention of the Bilions$$$ being lost to welfare payments to illegals' families, through the anchor baby racket and false documentation.

When it comes to immigration, Obama and the Democrats speak one language (BS), and the American people (the 2014 election showed) speaks another (the truth).

Obama said he wants the Republicans to tell him what they want. Here's your answer, Mr. President >> MASS DEPORTATION PROGRAM: OPERATION WETBACK II.

Obama also stated that he thought his CIR idea is what's "best for the country." PURE, BALDFACED LIE. Obama is shrewd. Only an idiot could think amnesty for illegal aliens is good for America.

Democrats better not give in to Trump over DACA. Let Trump send those dreamers back. That'll be on him not Democrats.

In his post-election press conference, Obama has stated (somewhere in about a thousand words) that he IS going to enact an executive order to give amnesty to illegal aliens (what he calls "comprehensive immigration reform"). When asked if he thought this would endanger relations with the new Republican Congress, he just brushed it off with some barely intelligible double talk.

He blamed the holding up of CIR on the House, as if CIR was a good thing, and it was all the House's fault for not passing it. Don't expect him to say that a mass deportation program is what would be the good thing, and it is the Democrat Senate that has stood in the way of that. He also FALSELY said that most Americans want to legalize illegal aliens. A statement that is 100% FALSE, with 2/3 of American OPPOSING amnesty.

Obama also uttered FALSE information on the economics of amnesty, claiming that it would get illegal aliens (of course he didn't call them that) to pay their taxes. No mention of course about the reduction of taxes paid because of the lower incomes that these migrant are willing to work for. No mention of the staggering $123 Billion/year America's economy is losing, to the remittances that immigrants routinely wire out of the country. No mention of the Bilions$$$ being lost to welfare payments to illegals' families, through the anchor baby racket and false documentation.

When it comes to immigration, Obama and the Democrats speak one language (BS), and the American people (the 2014 election showed) speaks another (the truth).

Obama said he wants the Republicans to tell him what they want. Here's your answer, Mr. President >> MASS DEPORTATION PROGRAM: OPERATION WETBACK II.

Obama also stated that he thought his CIR idea is what's "best for the country." PURE, BALDFACED LIE. Obama is shrewd. Only an idiot could think amnesty for illegal aliens is good for America.

Democrats better not give in to Trump over DACA. Let Trump send those dreamers back. That'll be on him not Democrats.

Moron, Trump isn't going to stop DACA...the democrats are....they want the issue for the elections...and they want to keep those people in limbo...to use as tools.....

Moron, Trump isn't going to stop DACA...the democrats are....they want the issue for the elections...and they want to keep those people in limbo...to use as tools.....
Send them back.

Forum List

Back