1 can of Brocoli
1/2 C. Chopped Onioln
1/2 Block of Velveta Cheese
1 C. Milk
1/2 C. Cooking Oil
1 Egg
1 Pkg. frozen Broccoli, cooked and drained
1 tsp. Salt

Mix all ingredients well, place in greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour.

Bon Appitite !!

I didn't have potatoes,
so I substituted rice.
I didn't have paprika,
so I used another spice.
I didn't have tomato sauce,
so I used tomato paste.
A whole can not a half can,
I don't believe in wase.

A friend gave me this reciep, she said you couldn't beat it. There must be something wrong with her, I couldn't even eat it!!

You were doing good til the Velveta came out. Barf!!!

that's what i was thinking. the broccoli and rice with onions (if they're sauteed up) sounds good.

also great is rice with spinach ... called spanikorizo, in greek. i substitute brown basmati rice or plain brown rice for the white rice, but great stuff.

that's what i was thinking. the broccoli and rice with onions (if they're sauteed up) sounds good.

also great is rice with spinach ... called spanikorizo, in greek. i substitute brown basmati rice or plain brown rice for the white rice, but great stuff.

That sounds good too!!

:lol: Tooooooooo Funny, It's soooooooo good, I suppose you could Substitute with any cheese. It's very good with velveta tho.

You're making the mistake of thinking Velveta is cheese. I prefer my cheese real, not in processed, plastic form. Besides, I was raised on the stuff, hated it then, can't stand it now.

Velveeta is NOT cheese.

Even the gubmint acknowledges this. It's Processed Cheese Food.

Substitute gruyere, and the dish would be delish.

:lol: Tooooooooo Funny, It's soooooooo good, I suppose you could Substitute with any cheese. It's very good with velveta tho.

You're making the mistake of thinking Velveta is cheese. I prefer my cheese real, not in processed, plastic form. Besides, I was raised on the stuff, hated it then, can't stand it now.

How about Goat Cheese fresh from the farm, that would make me BARF!!!
Is Mozzarella real? that might work for you.

Reminds me of a Simpson's episode:

Dr. Hibbert: Another broccoli-related death.
Marge: But I thought broccoli was—
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on Earth. Why, it tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA5p6pat1tM]YouTube - ‪Another broccoli related death‬‏[/ame]

Which reminds me of an old Sylvia cartoon which was something like this:

- I found the perfect recipe for zucchini!
- Oh really?
- Yes, you mix it with yogurt and throw it out the window.

I even put a cup of chopped up celery in there for extra flavor..
Celery stewed is pleasently chewed
Celery raw is good for the jaw!!

How about Goat Cheese fresh from the farm, that would make me BARF!!!
Is Mozzarella real? that might work for you.

Goat cheese??!! Eeeewwww....... Mozzarella is real but there are so many more out there that are not processed cheese food that have wonderful flavor, some sharp, some mellow and everything in between. A good Monterrey Jack has a wonderful mellow buttery flavor which could be added to a Colby or mild Cheddar to give a huge flavor boost to your dish. To make it creamy add milk or make a basic white sauce and blend the cheese into the sauce, you will notice a major difference in flavor.

The green rice I remember getting as a kid was something we used to have served at St Paddy's day sometimes. Cooked white rice...in a bowl... with milk and sugar (and green food coloring to make it festive) :)

Yours sounds good too though.

The green rice I remember getting as a kid was something we used to have served at St Paddy's day sometimes. Cooked white rice...in a bowl... with milk and sugar (and green food coloring to make it festive) :)

Yours sounds good too though.

My family did that too, in commemoration of the Great Rice Famine which drove the ancestors out of the old country.

;)

1 C. Cooked White Rice
1 can of Brocoli
1/2 C. Chopped Onioln
1/2 Block of Velveta Cheese
1 C. Milk
1/2 C. Cooking Oil
1 Egg
1 Pkg. frozen Broccoli, cooked and drained
1 tsp. Salt

Mix all ingredients well, place in greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour.

Bon Appitite !!

I didn't have potatoes,
so I substituted rice.
I didn't have paprika,
so I used another spice.
I didn't have tomato sauce,
so I used tomato paste.
A whole can not a half can,
I don't believe in wase.

A friend gave me this reciep, she said you couldn't beat it. There must be something wrong with her, I couldn't even eat it!!

Let me guess, She lives in the mid west and is about 60 years old.

Velveta is processed dairy by-products (a.k.a. left over crap after the good stuff is processed) with vegetable oil and lots of red and yellow food coloring.

It melts good because it contains solidified oil...no brainer that is going to melt good.

Forum List

Back