YUKON's RANT

wayne gretzky? you're kidding right? wayne gretzky?

:rofl:

Wayne Gretzky was the best hockey player. I'd contend that he was a better hockey player than Michael Jordan was a basketball player.

bobby orr was better, and he didn't need a personal goon to fight his battles for him, either.

That's the debate, isn't it? Orr or Gretzky.

I'd say Gretz was better. Bobby Orr was amazing but Gretzky set all sorts of records that will probably never be broken and simply did things I have never seen a hockey player do. They wrote rules - coincidental minors would be 5-on-5 instead of 4-on-4 - to stop him.

Wayne Gretzky was the best hockey player. I'd contend that he was a better hockey player than Michael Jordan was a basketball player.

bobby orr was better, and he didn't need a personal goon to fight his battles for him, either.

That's the debate, isn't it? Orr or Gretzky.

I'd say Gretz was better. Bobby Orr was amazing but Gretzky set all sorts of records that will probably never be broken and simply did things I have never seen a hockey player do. They wrote rules - coincidental minors would be 5-on-5 instead of 4-on-4 - to stop him.

i'd take orr in his prime over gretzky in a heartbeat. he still holds the single season + record. he fundamentally changed the game, in terms of defensemen's play, and he could do anything from killing penalties to anchoring the power play. he was the best hockey player i've ever seen.

Bobby Fischer was the best chess player of all time.

His slap shot sucked though, and he couldn't take a body check for jackshit.

OTOH neither Gretsky or Bobbie Orr was worth a damn at breaking through a Sicilian defence.

In Canada hockey is the national sport and the greatest hockey player of all time is Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky was and is a hockey "purist' of unimpeachable charactor. A true gentleman but still a great athlete. In America the national sport (passtime) is baseball and it is dominated by a drug crazed African American who cheated to break homerun records, lied to the courts, and will ultimately go to jail. Will American society strip him of his baseball records? NO !!!!

Yes the main difference between Canada and America is that Canadians live by the rules, they "play" fair, they don't cheat.

There was a saying during WWII that aptly described Americans, Brits and Canadians. It went like this:

Americans walk down the High Street and act like they own it. Brits walk down the High Street and they do own it. Canadians walk down the High Street and they don't give a damn who owns it !!!

Wait ... a hockey player being reputable ... was this when they bloody each other on the ice or when the fans are trashing the town just because their team lost?

In Canada hockey is the national sport and the greatest hockey player of all time is Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky was and is a hockey "purist' of unimpeachable charactor. A true gentleman but still a great athlete. In America the national sport (passtime) is baseball and it is dominated by a drug crazed African American who cheated to break homerun records, lied to the courts, and will ultimately go to jail. Will American society strip him of his baseball records? NO !!!!

Yes the main difference between Canada and America is that Canadians live by the rules, they "play" fair, they don't cheat.

There was a saying during WWII that aptly described Americans, Brits and Canadians. It went like this:

Americans walk down the High Street and act like they own it. Brits walk down the High Street and they do own it. Canadians walk down the High Street and they don't give a damn who owns it !!!

Wait ... a hockey player being reputable ... was this when they bloody each other on the ice or when the fans are trashing the town just because their team lost?
Or when they cheat on their wives?

Go get your ten-billionth burger, America. Fatten your already fat backsides with bacteria-and-hormone-ridden meat and do nothing as you sit stupefied before your mind-numbing television sets awaiting the next episode of sad families being humiliated on "Cops."

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace making, invasion, diversity, not assimilation.
The beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of hockey!
and the best part of North America

I am YUKON !!
And I am Canadian!!!

zero fucks given ........

Go get your ten-billionth burger, America. Fatten your already fat backsides with bacteria-and-hormone-ridden meat and do nothing as you sit stupefied before your mind-numbing television sets awaiting the next episode of sad families being humiliated on "Cops."

Replace "10 billion" with "1 billion," then you can substitute "America" with "Canada."

So anyone want to take wagers on when Yukon will finally gets his troll-ass banned?

like I said before, if you hate America so much please write your government to give back all the American made F/18's that populate your air force

There's always pizza delivery. Recession proof.

Yeah, but what has that to do with my desire to live in Vancouver as a citizen?

Well, pizzerias are kind of known for paying their drivers under the table. Good profession for 'new' Canadians. You could drive a taxi, too. It's up to you. I thought this was obvious to potential illegals. :lol:

I don't approve of illegal aliens.

Not in this country and not in Canada, either.

Besides, if I emigrate, I take my corporate position with me.

What I do, I can do anywhere that's got decent broadband connections.

I find their government slightly less nuts than mine is, to be honest.

I've done my duty for this nation. I still love it.

I'd just like to be a Canadian for the rest of my life.

Andrew,

Pray tell my son, but when have I stated that I hate America, what thread ?

Andrew,

Pray tell my son, but when have I stated that I hate America, what thread ?

Your schtick is obvious, and it is embarrassing. Smug, self-righteous baiting while wallowing in an exaggerated sense of moral superiority may play well with the Arts students, wannabe writers and others insecure with their own national identity in the coffee shops on Yonge or Burrard Street, but its boring and tiresome.

You do remember, the last batch of "tainted" beef came from Canada, right? Actually, it's been two or three times now.

Forum List

Back