Yuk

J

Jeff

these people disgust me!!! When we went to them for support they turned & ran like the cowards they are!! but hell let them have some trouble & who are they going to call ... thats right ya'll got it Uncle Sam. It is a shame a country as pitiful as France has any voice at all in the world!!!I see a thread was started about there credability or lack of it... well just think back a few months....lol........ Seems when push came to shove they whimped out ! So why listen to them now? Seems we should just turn our backs on them & let them flounder in there own messes, But never should we listen !
Jeff

There is a big difference between the average french people and their Elite Intelligensia who control the government. I have spent quite a bit of time in France, and the regular people are wonderful. Their leadership and media, however, are horrible. But we can say much the same about the Elites in the U.S.

Here is a little anecdote that I love:

A friend of mine was adopted when his parents were well into middle age; his adoptive mom died when he was in college, so he often travelled on vacation with his dad. The dad had served in WWII and helped liberate France. He had always felt that the French did not properly appreciate what the U.S. did for them, and this had caused some bitterness in his life.

For the 50th anniversary of VE Day, the surviving members of his unit decided to have a reunion in France. The dad had decided not to attend, but the son convinced him and they travelled to the reunion together.

Their first night in France, they went to a small cafe for dinner. A young woman waited on them. The son mentioned that his dad had helped liberate France. The waitress responded to the father "Thank-you for saving us. I love America." The father started to cry, he was so touched.

I would agree that the average French citizen is probably cool. Their government led by Chirac is sickening though. That's ok, he's burning his bridges, what goes around comes around.

Would you have wanted to be judged as being like Clinton?

Being judged to be like Clinton doesn't mean you would actually get the blow jobs.

:p:

LOL....Wonderwench are ya sure about that last post?..lol.. hell it is the only reason that during Clintons term I even owned up to being a American....LOL...
All kidding a side I formed my judgement not only of the French gov. but also of the French ppl I have met.... seems to me they all feel Americans are bad & wrong... well to be honest they (the ones I have met) all seem to have the same attitude Bin Ladin has!
But in all fairness Wonderwench I havent been there as you have so my opioin may be off....But for now it is my opioin & I will stick to it
btw
love your name
Jeff

Grazie,

wonderwench has been my monicker for a few years. I'm so used to it, it is now permanent.

I find that it is very difficult to categorize relationships with the French. Essentially they have a very different culture which I feel contributes to the lack of understanding between our nations.

In a historical context, Britain and France had been enemies for many centuries, the first true alliance having been formed in 1914.
However I find now that any antagonism exists only between the nationalists, and I would suggest that that applies to any country.

It is most certainly true that the French government makes some very bizarre decisions at times but it could be argued that their receent decisions should be viewed against the comparatively high proportion of middle eastern and north African immigrants in France.

I live within 2 hours of france and spend quite a bit of time in Paris where I have never encountered any problems with the French people. However, a note of caution. Irrespective of how bad your French is, try and speak it. If you speak English to many, particularly older people, they will not respond. If your French is bad, they will respond in English otherwise it is possible, and fun, to muddle along in Franglais.

Forum List

Back