You've Gotta F@#king Be Kidding!!!

It was a mistake by someone, the i's not dotted, and t's were not crossed....

it was not intentionally sent to hurt these families feelings.

we need to make certain it does not happen again.

and we also need to make certain each of these families gets a personal phone call from someone high up, apologizing for the error and saying such to them.

end of story.
exactly

From Walter Reed to this FUBAR, there have been all too many screwups concerning our servicemen by this administration. Much of this has been caused by the policy of outsourcing jobs that our military should be doing themselves. That was the case at Walter Reed.

Yes, the stuff was probably processed and shipped from China or India where they have no idea concerning our protocols. Or, maybe it was even processed here in the USA by an illegal alien.

I wanna know who the asshole in DC is that is responsible for this bullshit....

Army sorry for 'John Doe' letters to relatives of war dead - CNN.com

THIS is almost as fucked up as what happened in 2004/2005 when RumsFAILED got caught with his dick in the door, having the letters of condolence sent out with a rubber stamp.

If it's an idea that the prick known as Robert Gates is responsible for, I hope that the military launches him off the deck of a carrier, no jet attached.

Be for real. You were in the military. Those letters are forms on a computer signed by a facsimilie stamp. Some dolt admin pogue forgot to fill in the damned names.

That's just the way it is. You're only kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

Listen motherfucker......I told you......I'm not a liberal.

And....the reason I'm so pissed? I used to be a member of the CACO Team for the Navy. CACO stands for Casualty Assistance Calls Officer, the people in uniform that show up on your doorstep to tell you that your family member is dead.

This is totally uncalled for. When I was a member of that team, we had 24 hours to notify, NO FUCK UPS!

The "US military" and "no fuckups" are contradictory terms.

Here's some news.............it's contagious :lol:

People make mistakes. During the latter part of the 80s and all of the 90s, the military got into this zero-defect mentality mindest where one screwup and someone HAD TO BE crucified.

I couldn't stand it, and what it actually created was taking the art of blame-shifting and/or passing any decision one possibly could down the line to a new level.

Typical government screw up. When I see this kind of incompetence, it makes me wonder how anyone can think the government can pull off any kind of conspiracy.

People make mistakes. During the latter part of the 80s and all of the 90s, the military got into this zero-defect mentality mindest where one screwup and someone HAD TO BE crucified.

I couldn't stand it, and what it actually created was taking the art of blame-shifting and/or passing any decision one possibly could down the line to a new level.

That's worth an entire, long thread all by itself. I've seen good people go down in a screaming heap due to one error. Anyway I won't go on about it and derail.

All the FUBAR's and screw ups that have come around via this admin are almost all directly related back to Halliburton.

Remember the SPECOPS guy that was killed in the shower by electricity?

Nope......I hope that after Bush Jr.'s 10 years of Secret Service protection are up, he's got the good sense to hire Blackwater to defend him.

Save us all the cost of an execution for war crimes.

You dumb fuck, I find it hard to believe that even the Navy would employ a dick like you. Hey have you heard about Global Warming, I'm sure it's a cause you would easily buy into. Yea, you're not a liberal...... sure...... you just look like, try to think like and are as simple as one. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....... it must be a biker sailor.:lol::lol::lol:

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ABikerSailor again"

The key phrase here for me is "The letters were printed by a contracting company and..."

I'm a SAC brat and some of our brats' first words were FUBAR and SNAFU, LOL. But this Administration has so much privately contracted out, and to a whole new breed of idiots, that it's almost the norm to have things messed up, undone, badly done, etc.

I agree that Admin mistakes happen. I also agree with ABS that it's just another juicy example of how Bush's whole Iraq war has been handled from its' sorry-ass get-go.

Last edited:
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ABikerSailor again"

The key phrase here for me is "The letters were printed by a contracting company and..."

I'm a SAC brat and some of our brats' first words were FUBAR and SNAFU, LOL. But this Administration has so much privately contracted out, and to a whole new breed of idiots, that it's almost the norm to have things messed up, undone, badly done, etc.

I agree that Admin mistakes happen. I also agree with ABS that it's just another juicy example of how Bush's whole Iraq war has been handled from its' sorry-ass get-go.

It isn't just "this administration". The trend to contract out services that used to be done by military personnel began decades ago. Blaming it soley on Bush is just partisan bullshit.

When you cut the military, it isn't just weapon systems you cut. When you go from over a million personnel to less than half that in the Army (for example) the same jobs are there but with NO personnel to fill them.

I am all for having a HUGE damn Army with so many people they can allocate some personnel just to refurbish rusty paperclips but somehow I don't think Congress is willing to pay for that. they would much rather have HUGE entitlement programs and pay civilians to do absolutely NOTHING.

FUBAR was around in the early 70's, too.

F*ked Up Beyond Any (all) Repair (or recognition).

As was SNAFU = Situation Normal-All Fucked Up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we could probably find the same kind of terminology having been used by the Roman Legions, too.

FUBAR was around in the early 70's, too.

F*ked Up Beyond Any (all) Repair (or recognition).

As was SNAFU = Situation Normal-All Fucked Up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we could probably find the same kind of terminology having been used by the Roman Legions, too.

No doubt.

What people seem to forget is that the military, just like every other organization known to man, is made up of human beings. All human beings make mistakes. Some mistakes are huge while others are inconsequential. This also holds true for persons performing services that have been contracted out for the military.

If one bothers to take the time and google up some info on US military drawdown they would soon learn that reductions in force have been going on since the end of WW II. There is nothing wrong with tailoring the force to meet the expectations of current political strategy and thinking and drawdowns make sense from some perspectives. However, when you do cut budgets and authorizations for manpower there is naturally an impact. One of the impacts may be (and in this case IS) that certain essential services must be contracted out to third party contractors.

Even civilian corporations outsource certain functions to meet budget constraints. To say that this administration is soley responsible is just plain wrong.

You dumb fuck, I find it hard to believe that even the Navy would employ a dick like you. Hey have you heard about Global Warming, I'm sure it's a cause you would easily buy into. Yea, you're not a liberal...... sure...... you just look like, try to think like and are as simple as one. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....... it must be a biker sailor.:lol::lol::lol:

Hidden Danger: Soldiers Dying From Electrocution
A Dozen Soldiers Have Died From Accidental Electrocution in Iraq, Says Congressman
By MARCUS BARAM
March 20, 2008
35 comments FONT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
RSS
DIGG
SHARE During his two tours of duty serving as a special forces soldier in Iraq, Ryan D. Maseth had cheated death on more than a few occasions.

In this undated photo released by Cheryl Harris via the Post-Gazette shows Cheryl Harris with her son Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth. Ryan, 24, was electrocuted in his shower in Iraq on Jan. 2, 2008.
(AP Photo/Family via Post-Gazette)
More PhotosWhile protecting a Baghdad polling place in December 2005, he ran toward enemy fire to help his fellow soldiers and to repel the attack. And after a Humvee in his convoy once hit an improvised explosive device, Maseth escaped injury and apprehended the perpetrators.

But little did the staff sergeant know that when he stepped into the shower at his military base in Baghdad two months ago, he was putting his life at risk.

ABC News: Hidden Danger: Soldiers Dying From Electrocution

Unfortunately, we learned today that an updated total of 18 Americans have died in Iraq, with one of the two additional deaths an electrocution while taking a shower, the same manner in which Ryan Maseth died. The changes undertaken by the Pentagon have come too late and should not have required this much effort to achieve. By now, I would have hoped to see greater progress on inspections of facilities in Iraq.

In a separate letter from the DoD, Casey learned that only 45% of temporary facilities and 65% of the grounding rods supporting permanent/temporary facilities have been inspected so far even though the general order mandating such inspections came out shortly after the death of Maseth.Greg Mitchell: Toll Rises -- At Least 18 U.S. Troops Electrocuted in Iraq

Unfortunately, we learned today that an updated total of 18 Americans have died in Iraq, with one of the two additional deaths an electrocution while taking a shower, the same manner in which Ryan Maseth died. The changes undertaken by the Pentagon have come too late and should not have required this much effort to achieve. By now, I would have hoped to see greater progress on inspections of facilities in Iraq.

In a separate letter from the DoD, Casey learned that only 45% of temporary facilities and 65% of the grounding rods supporting permanent/temporary facilities have been inspected so far even though the general order mandating such inspections came out shortly after the death of Maseth.Greg Mitchell: Toll Rises -- At Least 18 U.S. Troops Electrocuted in Iraq

This is the sort of thing that happens when the American people elect a criminal class.

That class inevitably hires its pals.

It isn't just "this administration". The trend to contract out services that used to be done by military personnel began decades ago. Blaming it soley on Bush is just partisan bullshit.

When you cut the military, it isn't just weapon systems you cut. When you go from over a million personnel to less than half that in the Army (for example) the same jobs are there but with NO personnel to fill them.

I am all for having a HUGE damn Army with so many people they can allocate some personnel just to refurbish rusty paperclips but somehow I don't think Congress is willing to pay for that. they would much rather have HUGE entitlement programs and pay civilians to do absolutely NOTHING.

I'm not blaming human error on George W. Bush. I am blaming his ****-sucking acquiesence to Halliburton, KBR, etc. for a whole new level of greed, substandard work, unethical behavior previously unreached in the depths of the military-industrial complex, and for deaths that should never have occurred if he hadn't screwed this whole Iraq war up from its wet-dream conception.

Smedley Butler was right, God bless him. He'd have punched W right in the kisser.

Forum List

Back