You've Gotta F@#king Be Kidding!!!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I wanna know who the asshole in DC is that is responsible for this bullshit....

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Army is apologizing to thousands of Army families who received letters beginning "Dear John Doe" after losing a loved one in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. is sending a personal letter to the families who received the letter.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. is sending a personal letter to the families who received the letter.

Some 7,000 letters were sent in late December to notify families of services or gifts surviving family members can receive from nonprofit organizations that help families of fallen soldiers, according to an Army statement Wednesday.

The letters also had improper address information at the top of the correspondence. Instead of the receiving family's name and home address, the letters said "Army Long Term Case Management."

The letters were printed by a contracting company and sent by the U.S. Army Human Resources Command's Casualty and Mortuary Affairs Center in Alexandria, Virginia. The center issued a formal apology Wednesday, according to the statement.

"There are no words to adequately apologize for this mistake or for the hurt it may have caused," Brig. Gen. Reuben D. Jones, Army adjutant general, said in the statement. "It is important the original intent of the letter is not lost. The organizations mentioned are dedicated to honoring loved ones and recognizing their sacrifice and commitment," the apology continued.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. is sending a personal letter to the thousands of families who received the improperly addressed letter, according to Paul Boyce, an Army spokesman.

Merrilee Carlson, president of the veterans and family support group Families United, was told by the Army that families would be receiving one of these improperly addressed letters within the next few days.

"We want to let people know these letters are coming so they are not surprised when they open them," she said.

Carlson is the mother of Sgt. Michael Carlson, who was killed in Iraq in 2005. She said the Army told her she was among those who would receive a letter on Wednesday.

"This was a tragic mistake, but I believe it was not done maliciously," she said. "The Army would not do this intentionally to people."

While there have not been 7,000 soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Army often sends letters to primary and secondary family members.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/07/john.doe.letters/index.html

THIS is almost as fucked up as what happened in 2004/2005 when RumsFAILED got caught with his dick in the door, having the letters of condolence sent out with a rubber stamp.

If it's an idea that the prick known as Robert Gates is responsible for, I hope that the military launches him off the deck of a carrier, no jet attached.

I agree that the form was awful. I'm impressed though that the DOD is notifying families of groups like Soldier's Angels and offshoots. How many wounded need the laptops, software, etc.? The government doesn't provide them, but the donors of these groups will.

How many grieving families need the support of others? Hundreds? Thousands? There are services beyond what the government provides, including mental health supports that may be superior and needed.

Yes, I blame them for the SNAFU, but not the intent. Kudos too for getting the apology out before it hits.

Except for your flaming liberal tantrum.

I agree with you!

Listen motherfucker......I told you......I'm not a liberal.

And....the reason I'm so pissed? I used to be a member of the CACO Team for the Navy. CACO stands for Casualty Assistance Calls Officer, the people in uniform that show up on your doorstep to tell you that your family member is dead.

This is totally uncalled for. When I was a member of that team, we had 24 hours to notify, NO FUCK UPS!

Last edited:
Listen motherfucker......I told you......I'm not a liberal.

And....the reason I'm so pissed? I used to be a member of the CACO Team for the Navy. CACO stands for Casualty Assistance Calls Officer, the people in uniform that show up on your doorstep to tell you that your family member is dead.

This is totally uncalled for. When I was a member of that team, we had 24 hours to notify, NO FUCK UPS!

Thank you for your service. I don't think from what I read they were notifying families of casualties, rather services? If I read it wrong, my apologies.

This sounds like the book "Catch 22" where PFC Wintergreen had form letters that were sent out. You crossed out the wrong desciption like father, son, daugther etc. died, was wounded, lost in action etc.

At least that was a book. I guess if it can be FUBARED but the gov, it will be.

Sorry, but the bueuracrats really don't give a crap about the person serving. It's all forms and nice little processes that have to be done.

Thank you for your service. I don't think from what I read they were notifying families of casualties, rather services? If I read it wrong, my apologies.

Well Annie, either way, getting a letter saying that your relative is dead or missing is a notification.

Either way, casualty or service, it was still really fucked up to do.

]Listen motherfucker......[/B]I told you......I'm not a liberal.

first there was this:

"Me? I fix bikes for kids around the neighborhood (over 10 years as a bike mechanic), mow lawns for neighbors, and generally try to be as pleasant as possible, when I can."

and then there was this:

"Listen motherfucker."

:lol::lol::eusa_shhh:

Well......if I'm talking about things where people are looking for good stuff, I'm nice kind and gentle.

When I've got people like Licking Ass telling me stuff that I know is wrong? I respond accordingly.

From Walter Reed to this FUBAR, there have been all too many screwups concerning our servicemen by this administration. Much of this has been caused by the policy of outsourcing jobs that our military should be doing themselves. That was the case at Walter Reed.

It's official, I'm going to hell.

My first reaction was laughter. Not a belly laugh or anything, but more than a giggle.

I wanna know who the asshole in DC is that is responsible for this bullshit....

Army sorry for 'John Doe' letters to relatives of war dead - CNN.com

THIS is almost as fucked up as what happened in 2004/2005 when RumsFAILED got caught with his dick in the door, having the letters of condolence sent out with a rubber stamp.

If it's an idea that the prick known as Robert Gates is responsible for, I hope that the military launches him off the deck of a carrier, no jet attached.
this is most likely a computer programming glitch where the database didnt merge properly with the form when printing

not always, but thats what i would suspect

From Walter Reed to this FUBAR, there have been all too many screwups concerning our servicemen by this administration. Much of this has been caused by the policy of outsourcing jobs that our military should be doing themselves. That was the case at Walter Reed.

All the FUBAR's and screw ups that have come around via this admin are almost all directly related back to Halliburton.

Remember the SPECOPS guy that was killed in the shower by electricity?

Nope......I hope that after Bush Jr.'s 10 years of Secret Service protection are up, he's got the good sense to hire Blackwater to defend him.

Save us all the cost of an execution for war crimes.

All the FUBAR's and screw ups that have come around via this admin are almost all directly related back to Halliburton.

Remember the SPECOPS guy that was killed in the shower by electricity?

Nope......I hope that after Bush Jr.'s 10 years of Secret Service protection are up, he's got the good sense to hire Blackwater to defend him.

Save us all the cost of an execution for war crimes.
yeah cause the term FUBAR is so new for the military
LOL
you REALLY need help dealing with that ABDS

i'm sure you are familiar with the term FUBAR

Yep.......

F ucked
U p
B eyond
A ll
R ecognition

FUBAR - Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

Most notably used when referring to glory hound officers who are only interested in medals, and not the welfare of the troops entrusted to them.

Next?

yeah cause the term FUBAR is so new for the military
LOL
you REALLY need help dealing with that ABDS

New for the military?

Listen douche......it was around back in '82 when I joined, and that was 26 years ago.

Hardly qualifies as "new".

New for the military?

Listen douche......it was around back in '82 when I joined, and that was 26 years ago.

Hardly qualifies as "new".
no no no

it has to be new since Bush took over
cause nothing was every FUBAR'd before then

well, if we went by your posts
:rolleyes:

It was a mistake by someone, the i's not dotted, and t's were not crossed....

it was not intentionally sent to hurt these families feelings.

we need to make certain it does not happen again.

and we also need to make certain each of these families gets a personal phone call from someone high up, apologizing for the error and saying such to them.

end of story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back