You've got what you asked for

Not nearly as creative as that coked-up frat boys actual pronouncement that NO federal funding should go to embryonic stem cell research! Perhaps, in many ways, it is Bush's fault once again.

Could you point out the clause in the Constitution that allows the Federal Government to fund embryonic stem cell research?

Can you name the statute preventing any of the States or from Private investors from doing it?

Can you stop lying and pretending that Federal Funds are the only way to do research?
Federal funding isn't the only way to conduct embryonic stem cell research. But it is the most expedient way to have research funded. Consider the results of federal money on technology. From the electrification of the west and rural south to the development of atomic energy right through the space program, federal funding led the way and produced beneficial results.

Where's the privately funded space program?

Is Federally Funded Stem Cell Research going to defend us against the Soviet Union, or help end WW II?

Could you point out the clause in the Constitution that allows the Federal Government to fund embryonic stem cell research?

Can you name the statute preventing any of the States or from Private investors from doing it?

Can you stop lying and pretending that Federal Funds are the only way to do research?
Federal funding isn't the only way to conduct embryonic stem cell research. But it is the most expedient way to have research funded. Consider the results of federal money on technology. From the electrification of the west and rural south to the development of atomic energy right through the space program, federal funding led the way and produced beneficial results.

Is Federally Funded Stem Cell Research going to defend us against the Soviet Union, or help end WW II?
No. Stem cell research isn't a defense program. It's to promote the general welfare and keep the United States in the lead developing new beneficial technologies. Thereby keeping our economy strong.

No. Stem cell research isn't a defense program. It's to promote the general welfare and keep the United States in the lead developing new beneficial technologies. Thereby keeping our economy strong.

So, the Feds should fund every program that:

1. Promotes General Welfare
2. Keeps the USA in the Lead developing new beneficial technologies

Goodness, I just had An Epiphany: a potion designed to make the world sing in perfect harmony which will require the Patented Samson Octopus Milker to manufacture. I expect the Federal Government to budget $5B to helping Samson Octo Inc. develop this cutting edge technology.

Goodness, I just had An Epiphany: a potion designed to make the world sing in perfect harmony which will require the Patented Samson Octopus Milker to manufacture. I expect the Federal Government to budget $5B to helping Samson Octo Inc. develop this cutting edge technology.
That's the best ya got?

First, the General Welfare clause isn't a grant of authority.

Second, I am not benefiting one wit from companies preforming stem cell research. It's rather hard to argue general welfare when the only ones benefiting are the major corporations who no longer have to pay for their own research.

Second, I am not benefiting one wit from companies preforming stem cell research. It's rather hard to argue general welfare when the only ones benefiting are the major corporations who no longer have to pay for their own research.

Nobody benefits from mormonism, yet we allow that too!:lol:

And you didn't benefit from companies doing research for the space program. Until that research opened the door to the technological advances you enjoy today.

And now there are companies making the goods that research developed.

That's the best ya got?

No, I have an endless list of ideas a fool-hardy government that has a bottomless budget can finance.:cool:

Last edited:

Nobody benefits from mormonism, yet we allow that too!:lol:

1st Amendment dumb ass.

You're going to hire lots of attractive young Japanese ladies, aren't you?

You're going to hire lots of attractive young Japanese ladies, aren't you?

Damnit, you're way ahead of me: That's exactly how I expect to receive government contracts that favor women and minority owned businesses.

That's the best ya got?

No, I have an endless list of ideas a fool-hardy government that has a bottomless budget can finance.:cool:
Octopus milker? fool-hardy. Curing disease? hardly fool-hardy. See the difference?

Octopus milker? fool-hardy. Curing disease? hardly fool-hardy. See the difference?

Obviously, you remain sadly ignorant of the health benefits of Octopus Milk.

Perhaps I need a $500,000 government grant to create a statistically revelant study...:eusa_think::eusa_think:

Why don't you use the 500k to find some relevance in your posts?:lol:

Forum List

Back