youtube again, please help

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
i dont think yall understand the problem. i have a subscription center. it constantly updates new videos my subscibers post. it is not updating anymore. the same videos keep showing up. however, if i log out of my account, and log back in, then my homepage comes up and it has the new subscriptions. but, only 12, and when i click on veiw all subscriptions it goes right back to the screen with all the old videos. please help.

i dont think yall understand the problem. i have a subscription center. it constantly updates new videos my subscibers post. it is not updating anymore. the same videos keep showing up. however, if i log out of my account, and log back in, then my homepage comes up and it has the new subscriptions. but, only 12, and when i click on veiw all subscriptions it goes right back to the screen with all the old videos. please help.

Okay, the new version is to "blame" for that ... sort of. The old "new" vids don't leave that area now until after you view them, click through each one. That is if you are talking about the "Subscriptions" page you get to by clicking on your name. Again, they are currently making upgrades a little at a time, so they can test each one instead of having the whole thing crash or wind up with a million errors, it's an old programmers technique, tried and true, and may be a bit annoying to see things change a little at a time, but trust me it's for the better. So, just go to your account page, the Subscriptions sub page, and click through each one, annoying but I am sure they will have better ways soon. They are in the process of updating channels, and that may be what's making it not work how you are use to.

i think i get it. click on the button in the upper left corner? once i put a check mark there what do i do? thanks.

i think i get it. click on the button in the upper left corner? once i put a check mark there what do i do? thanks.

That doesn't do much right now, actually click on the video like you are going to watch it, once it starts to load (the little red bar is at least a little visible) click your subscriptions link again to go back to the list again. Don't use the "back" button, that doesn't refresh it for some reason.

geez, i just want to get new videos to show up. i dont know what you mean.
how can i get rid of these damn old vidoes that wont go away? you mean i have to go through all 200 old stuck videos and play them all? that will take forever.

geez, i just want to get new videos to show up. i dont know what you mean.
how can i get rid of these damn old vidoes that wont go away? you mean i have to go through all 200 old stuck videos and play them all? that will take forever.

Oh ... ouch, yeah, that's a lot. Let me check a few things and see if I can find something out, I don't get much in my subscriptions so didn't expect you to have so many.

thanks for your help. i tried what you said and the videos are still there. how can i simply delete them? why in the damn hell would youtube do this?

Okay, I was right, their upgrades changed it, they are preparing for some seriously awesome new features, but since the upgrades need to be tested they are interfering with the current set up. There is nothing you can do right this moment except wait until they are done with that part, and they have no timeline posted yet. The subscriptions module is just working on defaults right now, meaning you can't do much with it. Sorry, but there is just nothing I can help you with until they are done with the upgrades. They started it on Monday and many people started noticing that their subscriptions were not working right on Tuesday. Usually this process takes them a week ... so just be patient.

do they have a forum where people can chat about youtube?

They have IRC ... but I don't go on there, the forum is like here, posting and replying. Go to the Home page, not your channel, at the very bottom. Their Google help forum is the most active.

Forum List

Back