Youth vote gives Obama a 3-5 point buffer

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
And out with the old? A very ominous sign for the Republican Party is how Democratic-leaning these new and lapsed voters are. Not only do they back Obama by a 69%-27 margin, they also prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress by a 2-to-1 margin, 66%-31%. And their views of President Bush? His fav/unfav among these voters is 14%-73%. Ouch. While Karl Rove had ambitious hopes of turning Bush's presidency into a permanent majority for the GOP, this poll suggests that Bush's lasting legacy could actually be turning off a new generation of voters.

First thoughts: In with the new... - First Read - msnbc.com

“John McCain in his own words ‘I’m going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.’ Wall Street Journal, 11/26/05. ‘The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should.’ Boston Globe Political Intelligence, 12/18/07. ‘I might have to rely on a vice president that I select” for expertise on economic issues.’ GOP Debate, 11/28/07.His choice? (Shows a clip of Palin winking.) On November 4th, You Get to Make Yours.” Now if history is any guide, attack ads on running mates usually don't work. But then again, Palin's no ordinary running mate.

And out with the old? A very ominous sign for the Republican Party is how Democratic-leaning these new and lapsed voters are. Not only do they back Obama by a 69%-27 margin, they also prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress by a 2-to-1 margin, 66%-31%. And their views of President Bush? His fav/unfav among these voters is 14%-73%. Ouch. While Karl Rove had ambitious hopes of turning Bush's presidency into a permanent majority for the GOP, this poll suggests that Bush's lasting legacy could actually be turning off a new generation of voters.

First thoughts: In with the new... - First Read - msnbc.com

“John McCain in his own words ‘I’m going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.’ Wall Street Journal, 11/26/05. ‘The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should.’ Boston Globe Political Intelligence, 12/18/07. ‘I might have to rely on a vice president that I select” for expertise on economic issues.’ GOP Debate, 11/28/07.His choice? (Shows a clip of Palin winking.) On November 4th, You Get to Make Yours.” Now if history is any guide, attack ads on running mates usually don't work. But then again, Palin's no ordinary running mate.

What has been the youth's political leaning in this country historically? Even Newt Gingrich was a liberal in college.

The youth, historically, don't vote.

Forum List

Back