Youth Rights

I'm fine, but I stated it twice now. So I figured you were ignoring it.

Now I read your post, and you're another one to have ignored the distinction between school and education. First, scroll up the page and read the long essay that I wrote. Then, read this thead in its entirety, as scatmeow attempted to "rebut" that essay.

As for what you posted about crime, I think you need to face the reality that weapons were available to youth on a wide scale in times past. Many teenagers who fought for the very existence of this country in the American Revolution would be considered "children" by modern standards.

As to the general issue of crime, my contention has always been that youth crime has been focused on by the media far more than adult crime to an unnecessary extent. Welcome to YouthFacts.org - Know the Facts, Think Differently...

Now some have attempted to rebut this after having posted arrest data, :)lol:), but the media factor is still relevant.

Now I read your post, and you're another one to have ignored the distinction between school and education. First, scroll up the page and read the long essay that I wrote. Then, read this thead in its entirety, as scatmeow attempted to "rebut" that essay.

As for what you posted about crime, I think you need to face the reality that weapons were available to youth on a wide scale in times past. Many teenagers who fought for the very existence of this country in the American Revolution would be considered "children" by modern standards.

As to the general issue of crime, my contention has always been that youth crime has been focused on by the media far more than adult crime to an unnecessary extent. Welcome to YouthFacts.org - Know the Facts, Think Differently...

Now some have attempted to rebut this after having posted arrest data, :)lol:), but the media factor is still relevant.

So basically you call the media crooked when it comes to the youth and bring up the past which is like apple and oranges. Bravo at actually avoiding the question but still posting that much. :clap2:

So basically you call the media crooked when it comes to the youth and bring up the past which is like apple and oranges. Bravo at actually avoiding the question but still posting that much. :clap2:

If you're going to post claims that were rebutted in a post I made long before you entered this thread, and ignore fundamental empirical data, that really isn't my problem.

I support youth emancipation. There is a good reason some kids apply for and are awarded emancipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an interesting observation:

Those who oppose children having rights also seem to think that a fetus is a human being that deserves more rights. Another contradiction is that many who think children are not suppose to be 'enslaved' do so themselves by taking away their rights and forcing them into slave labor in their own homes, or worse making their children the mindless robots they prefer to control.

Here's an interesting observation:

Those who oppose children having rights also seem to think that a fetus is a human being that deserves more rights. Another contradiction is that many who think children are not suppose to be 'enslaved' do so themselves by taking away their rights and forcing them into slave labor in their own homes, or worse making their children the mindless robots they prefer to control.

That probably has some relation to religiously conservative thought...which is as fickle as contradictory as ever when it comes to this matter.

Youth rights supporters' own positions on abortion are widely varied. Some consider the destruction of a fetus to be "ageism," whereas I take the view that a fetus's moral worth is simply being judged according to its capacities and nature rather than having reached an arbitrary date alive, which seems the opposite of ageism to me.

Forum List

Back