Youth Baseball discrimination???

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Team A was at bat, Team B chose to walk the current batter because he is gifted and can potentialy send the ball to the bleachers.. Team A's next batter is a cancer survivor, who may not be as powerful a hitter as the kid on first base. With the powerhitter on first, one runner at third, and two outs for the championship,, the kid at bat, a cancer survivor, strikes out.. Team A goes home with the loss.

Team B wins. Congratulations to you kids and your coach!! Good job.

NOW,, THE REST OF THE STORRY,, ends up all over the news.. Team B's coach is being accused of discrimination cause he chose to walk the better hitter, and the complaintents are saying he did it cause the possibly "weaker" child was up at bat..

THIS IS BULLSHIT FOLKS!!! Team B's coach had an obligation to help his team WIN.... He did. End of story. Pro teams do it every day. If every opposing team granted "free passes" to the lesser player, SPORTS WOULD REALLY SUCK!!! Mediocrity isn't for sports. Sports means winning and losing. COMPETITION is goal setting and rewards for physical, and mental competition....
:crutch:

Team A was at bat, Team B chose to walk the current batter because he is gifted and can potentialy send the ball to the bleachers.. Team A's next batter is a cancer survivor, who may not be as powerful a hitter as the kid on first base. With the powerhitter on first, one runner at third, and two outs for the championship,, the kid at bat, a cancer survivor, strikes out.. Team A goes home with the loss.

Team B wins. Congratulations to you kids and your coach!! Good job.

NOW,, THE REST OF THE STORRY,, ends up all over the news.. Team B's coach is being accused of discrimination cause he chose to walk the better hitter, and the complaintents are saying he did it cause the possibly "weaker" child was up at bat..

THIS IS BULLSHIT FOLKS!!! Team B's coach had an obligation to help his team WIN.... He did. End of story. Pro teams do it every day. If every opposing team granted "free passes" to the lesser player, SPORTS WOULD REALLY SUCK!!! Mediocrity isn't for sports. Sports means winning and losing. COMPETITION is goal setting and rewards for physical, and mental competition....
:crutch:
I agree.

And I have been breaking balls when I talk to vendors, and/or businesses who have multi lingual phone prompts that require me to Press 1 for English!!!.. I would tell them to kiss my ass in spanish, but I am not that good at it yet!!

I agree too,working man. I would think the kid that was the cancer survivor,may not want to be treated any different as any other player too. The weaker batter could have been someone else on the team as well. Like you said,they do it in the major leagues all the time. How in the world can someone get upset aboutthis? It's how the game of baseball is played and maybe won.

Does this really come as a surprise? How many years has the liberal “it could hurt feelings” or “they may feel different” or “it’s a negative label” campaign been going on, 10-15?

I’ve heard some schools have stopped dodge ball, because some kids just can’t seem to avoid the ball, and “they may feel different”.

I’ve heard of some schools that don’t allow Tag anymore because to be “it” is a negative title that sets you apart from the group, and “it could hurt feelings”.

I’ve heard of some schools that have stopped Duck-duck-Goose, because being tagged Goose is a “negative label” that makes one different from the group and may “hurt feelings”.

In this day the liberal mindset regarding children is they are all equal (a tentacle of the equal rights for women movement and blah, blah all the rest IMO). We know this is false. Some are smart some are not, tall, short, skinny, fat, athletic or klutzes.

To group children in a structure of all are equal robs them of the ability to grow and adjust as a person to the differences of the world around them. It’s a crime against sociaty IMO, but it’s happening everyday.

Children who fail the entire year are no longer "left back". The little darlings are "retained". As if the teacher loves them so much they just can't bear to part with them. :rolleyes:

so it is the winning coaches fault that the losing coach is protecting his power hitter with a cancer surviovor that can't hit.....pinch hit for fooks sake...or bunt....holy crap....anyone got a link?

so it is the winning coaches fault that the losing coach is protecting his power hitter with a cancer surviovor that can't hit.....pinch hit for fooks sake...or bunt....holy crap....anyone got a link?

Should I get rid of the tshirt that says. " I ride on the little school bus "???

I will see if I can get a link later.. I think the kid, and the father, both felt picked on, but, that is their right to be wrong. I don't agree it was meant to hurt the young lad, honestly. It was done, walking the better hitter, to win the game. Again, Kudos to the winning coach.

Forum List

Back