Youth and the Vote

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I wonder how many voters 18-30 are going to head to the polls on November 4th.

Think about it, so many were not old enough to vote the first 2 times GWBush was elected. Wonder what they think of his time in office, and the legacy he's leaving.

Do you think they will get out in record numbers because they want a change? Be it Demorcrat, Republican or Independent-I think that they will let their voices be heard this election.

Here is a non-partisin web site devoted to the voters:

Project Vote Smart - American Government, Elections, Candidates and Voting

Last edited:
Echo I can tell you my daughter who is 19 and very much into this election has the date marked on her calendar and is a pretty active Obama supporter, which I am pelted with daily.

In 2004, 30 percent of people 18-24 voted. What will the numbers be this time?

they've never come thru before....the lowest percent of registered voters, voting....

but this time it seems different....???

As a member of that demographic, I think you would be surprised how many will be out in force this election. With the economy is shambles many are having trouble finding jobs and are sick of losing friends and family to unnecessary wars abroad. Most of the people my age seem to have some pretty strong convictions about the two candidates, so I would not be amazed if a large number of them were out in November.

As a member of that demographic, I think you would be surprised how many will be out in force this election. With the economy is shambles many are having trouble finding jobs and are sick of losing friends and family to unnecessary wars abroad. Most of the people my age seem to have some pretty strong convictions about the two candidates, so I would not be amazed if a large number of them were out in November.

Good to hear, from the youth itself!

I think they are more informed and involved than ever before, and that can only be a good thing for our country.

At least 50%, with somewhere between 60-90% of that going to Obama.

Are you saying 50 percent are registered or 50 percent will actually vote? There is a big difference between those two variables every election.

Are you saying 50 percent are registered or 50 percent will actually vote? There is a big difference between those two variables every election.

AT LEAST 50% will actually vote. I'm more prone to say least 60-80% will if not more. And 60-90+% will go for Obama.

If it's one age group that McCain gets smacked around in it's the 18-25 vote.

AT LEAST 50% will actually vote. I'm more prone to say least 60-80% will if not more. And 60-90+% will go for Obama.

If it's one age group that McCain gets smacked around in it's the 18-25 vote.

The republican usually gets smacked around by the 18-25. I agree 60-90 percent of the young vote will go to Obama. I will be shocked if more than half of that group actually votes, though.

The republican usually gets smacked around by the 18-25. I agree 60-90 percent of the young vote will go to Obama. I will be shocked if more than half of that group actually votes, though.

Now more then ever, the youth will get out and vote.

Especially when it will be their asses who would be the first to get drafted to go fight in Iran.

Now more then ever, the youth will get out and vote.

Especially when it will be their asses who would be the first to get drafted to go fight in Iran.

They may want to look at Obama's website if they are worried about war with Iran. His policy much different than Bush's, he just uses softer language. It basically goes like this:

If Iran stops meddling in Iraq, and dismantles their nuke program, I will give the "possible promise" that I won't seek regime change in Teheran.
If Ahmadinijad (Sp?) says to Israel, "If you dismantle the 200 nuclear weapons you have, and agree to a nuke free zone in the middle east, I will give the "possible promise" that I won't seek regime change in Israel,"
you can fill in Israel/US's response...

Forum List

Back