Yours truly faces a big, life changing decision....

California or Alabama?

• Total voters

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS" requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union. LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

Last edited:
I may very well be moving to either California, or Alabama soon. Which state will I grace with my righteous awesomeness next?:confused:

Both meet my "no cold BS' requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union, LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
I could FINALLY get a live in a red state....but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters. But teh food would be real good, finally get to be back south, my home, which I miss beyond words, and within reach of my hometown (Miami) and Atlanta (really wanna go there). I would also enjoy being in the like minded, political/ideological majority.........

Input?

If your think there are no gays in Alabama, your nuts. Sorry, but true.

Both meet my "no cold BS' requirement pretty much as it rarely gets cold in Alabama, and never in southern Cali.

Cali:

Obviously more jobs and the potential for there.....but the state is economically VERY depressed, sky high taxes, and they just chose further suicide with more of the same (Brown) BUT it's the most beautiful state in the Union, LA looks all types of different in an AMAZING way, more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:

Input?

DUH! Never said there aint. But we would be in a far lesser minority than I/we are here in PA.

Cali:

...more tolerant (gayness) and much better for me socio-culturally.

Alabama:
...but that has some socio-cultural draw backs (gayness) even if I do live in the state's minority clusters.

Are you gay?

I must have missed that.

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

I would pick Alabama. I was in California for 9 months in 1960, and I'm sure it has changed a lot since, but it was very fast paced back then, and not to my liking. It is unbelievably beautiful though. Alabama is poised to show a lot of economic improvement, and is much slower paced. It has its own beauty.

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

DUH! Never said there aint. But we would be in a far lesser minority than I/we are here in PA.

Please don't ''DUH'' at me. Not necessary, and I was serious.....and unless you have actually lived in Alabama to know it for a fact, they I might know more about it than you. ;) Have you checked out any gay communities in Alabama?
What part of Alabama are you referring to?

Please choose Alabama, or if you must decide upon CA, live in LA.

TYIAFYC

boedicca
Oaklandtown
Bay Area
Norther CA

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Alabama. California really isn't that tolerant of anything that is not hive mind. You might find a better selection of friends. I don't feel Alabama would be less tolerant. They just don't want you to talk about it.

You might find better wages in Alabama too. Places where jobs are increasing generally pay talent better than where jobs are decreasing.

And as far as aesthetics in California.... Who you kidding? ugly place.

Made mistake, voted Cali, meant Bama.

I live in TX, had chances to go to Cali, but stayed in Houston, glad I did. Cost of housing is too high in Cali, do you ever want to retire? If you pick a lower cost of housing spot, you can save more, save on homeowners ins. also, and lower property taxes as dwelling is lower valuation. It governs a lot. Too many people in Cali, traffic problems. State finances a shambles.

But why restrict yourself to Bama? What is your career field, do you have other destination choices? Fla. seems better, more big cities. TX is good, jobs in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.

Mobile is one of the most pleasant cities in the country.

The folks are some of the friendliest around, great food, and nice climate.

The wife and I have taken vacations down there twice...loved it.

A lot closer to what you're used to in Miami.

Southern California sucks...bad...I go everywhere in country EXCEPT California and the Northeast.

The NE has bad winter weather, super high tolls and too many people.

California has California
thumbdown.gif

Last edited:

Cali:

Alabama:

Input?

it's not exactly gay-friendly, though.

Please don't ''DUH'' at me. Not necessary, and I was serious.....and unless you have actually lived in Alabama to know it for a fact, they I might know more about it than you. ;) Have you checked out any gay communities in Alabama?

....Ok, I mean don't get me wrong, I hope you're right....it's just Alabama has a bit of a shitty track record when it comes to minority civil rights.........and Montgomery area......

....Ok, I mean don't get me wrong, I hope you're right....it's just Alabama has a bit of a shitty track record when it comes to minority civil rights.........and Montgomery area......
Kat is a bama person

50-50 eh...........

VOTE damn yall.

Anyway, I have taken what's been said into account.....and while common sense says I should move to Alabama.....for some reason Cali is SERIOUSLY sparking my curiosity & interest.......

Part of that curiosity is cuz in this frozen hellscape where I currently reside, my boys, people in general, talk of Cali. like it's a mythical, far off, perfect weather, foreign country. Given what we gotta deal with so often, this shouldn't surprise anyone. It's thousands of miles away, just like said foreign country lol.

I love the south, it IS where I wanna end up ultimately....but I've never lived anywhere like Cali before....looks like a terrain wonderland with virtually every type imaginable and LA (which IS where I would be if I choose Cali) looks almost PERFECTLY suited for someone like me (Latino, young, urban, gay)

If it were Miami/ATL vs. Cali it would be the south no contest.....but it aint......

Forum List

Back