You're Stuck With ROMNEY!!!!

Getting "stuck" with Romney is like getting "stuck" paying the taxes on a $100 million lottery ticket. What a bummer....

:lol:

Yes getting stuck with another big government liberal.

No way in hell will I vote for the guy.....................

Getting "stuck" with Romney is like getting "stuck" paying the taxes on a $100 million lottery ticket. What a bummer....

Read his book. He's not a liberal and he's not a big government guy. He's conservative.

did you actually read about how this guy ran Massachusetts?

You're not necessarily stuck with Romney, but you're stuck with either him or Obama. If the GOP nominates anyone else who's currently running, Obama's reelection is guaranteed.

I think he's likely to be reelected even if Romney's the nominee, but Romney at least doesn't have zero chance.

You're not necessarily stuck with Romney, but you're stuck with either him or Obama. If the GOP nominates anyone else who's currently running, Obama's reelection is guaranteed.

I think he's likely to be reelected even if Romney's the nominee, but Romney at least doesn't have zero chance.

Romney would be the worst candidate republicans could possibly run.

Weird religion

Flip Flopping

Sleazy business practices

Race-baiting

It's almost like they are trying to mess this up.

Romney would be the worst candidate republicans could possibly run.

Weird religion

Flip Flopping

Sleazy business practices

Race-baiting

It's almost like they are trying to mess this up.

you'll have to settle for four more years of Obama, then.

Read his book. He's not a liberal and he's not a big government guy. He's conservative.

His record as governor tells a different story. He is an east coast liberal. NO WAY IN HELL..............................

His record as governor tells a different story. He is an east coast liberal. NO WAY IN HELL..............................

guess you're stuck with four more years of the chicago liberal, then.

When did the Primary end?

If I have to live with a liberal. Why invest in a new liberal when the old one sucks as bad?

Romney's Mormonism might be a problem, but then people thought that about Kennedy's Catholicism, too. His flip-flopping, yeah, that could hurt him. But not as much as the extreme and bizarre positions advocated by every single other GOP candidate would hurt them.

What you true-believers have to figure out eventually is that your belief-system, while attractive to some 25% of the population, is anathema -- I mean, genuinely abhorrent -- to the other 75%. Anyone that you would really, truly like to see in the White House is, by definition, guaranteed never to get there.

I'm not really saying that Romney can beat Obama; I don't actually think he can. But I could be wrong about that. He does have a slim chance. I am definitely not wrong about this: nominate anyone else, and Obama won't just win, he'll win by a landslide.

Romney's Mormonism might be a problem, but then people thought that about Kennedy's Catholicism, too. .

I get really tired of people using the JFK Comparison... I took it apart in another thread, but here goes again..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/188357-romney-and-jfk.html

Short version, first, JFK wasn't the first Catholic on a national ticket. Al Smith was, and it was a disaster. He only carried about 8 states.

Second- JFK's Catholicsm was a handicap. He should have beaten Nixon handily. Nixon was a disliked figure because like Dick Cheney, he was the bad cop to Ike's Good Cop. And his name was Dick. Yet he only beat Nixon by 120,000 votes, most of them dead people in Chicago. (Yes, I know the electoral college situation was more complex than that).

Third- The Demographics worked in JFK's favor. For every protestant unwilling to vote for a Catholic in a state the Dems weren't going to carry, anyway, there was a Catholic willing to vote for one of their own in a swing state that tipped in JFK's favor. The Mormons are a lot fewer than the Catholics, and they are largely concentrated in one state - Utah.

Fourth- As much as someone might not like Catholics, you really can't argue their beliefs are that strange. Mormonism on the other hand, is Scientology plus 150 years.

His flip-flopping, yeah, that could hurt him. But not as much as the extreme and bizarre positions advocated by every single other GOP candidate would hurt them.

What you true-believers have to figure out eventually is that your belief-system, while attractive to some 25% of the population, is anathema -- I mean, genuinely abhorrent -- to the other 75%. Anyone that you would really, truly like to see in the White House is, by definition, guaranteed never to get there.

I don't buy that. Most people are by nature conservative. They live their lives as conservatives. Conservatives can proudly call themselves conservatives, while liberals run from the word "liberal" like a scalded cat.

I'm not really saying that Romney can beat Obama; I don't actually think he can. But I could be wrong about that. He does have a slim chance. I am definitely not wrong about this: nominate anyone else, and Obama won't just win, he'll win by a landslide

You see, I don't buy that. If I did, I wouldn't worry about it that much. I think whoever the GOP nominates will have a pretty decent chance, because the economy is so bad people are desperate to try anything. My biggest fear about Romney is that he can win. But Perry would probably be stronger for a lot of good reasons, despite his shaky start none of us will be talking about in two months.

If I have to live with a liberal. Why invest in a new liberal when the old one sucks as bad?

who's gonna beat him? Perry? no. Cain? no. who then, but Romney?

That is your opinion. Just one of a few hundred million. I will not vote for any big government liberal, that includes Perry along with Romney. Now if you wish to vote for the establishment mentality of big government you have that right.

That is your opinion. Just one of a few hundred million. I will not vote for any big government liberal, that includes Perry along with Romney. Now if you wish to vote for the establishment mentality of big government you have that right.
well, if you really see no difference between romney and obama....

What happened to the 'Power of the Tea Party"?

I called it long ago: you wingnuts will settle for what the establishment gives you, no matter what you say.

"No more McCains!" you said.

"No more RINOs!" you said.

"A REAL conservative this time!" you said.

SUCKERS! :lol:

Synthia is such a stupid litle drama queen. We aren't even into primary season and that bucket of turd is telling us who the GOP "is" going to nominate. :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

What a fucking twit SimplyAssholic always is.

Actually, all the polls show all these guys in the mid-forties with about 10% that haven't given it a lot of thought yet. yeah, they show Romney a point or two ahead, but Romney's been running for five years, Perry and Cain we are just getting to know.

Political affiliation R or D

Both big government. One talks about being conservative though. As he distances himself from his record.

If not much will change why invest money in all new personal?

What happened to the 'Power of the Tea Party"?

I called it long ago: you wingnuts will settle for what the establishment gives you, no matter what you say.

"No more McCains!" you said.

"No more RINOs!" you said.

"A REAL conservative this time!" you said.

SUCKERS! :lol:

Synthia is such a stupid litle drama queen. We aren't even into primary season and that bucket of turd is telling us who the GOP "is" going to nominate. :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

What a fucking twit SimplyAssholic always is.
he likes calling veterans cowards, too.

Political affiliation R or D

Both big government. One talks about being conservative though. As he distances himself from his record.

If not much will change why invest money in all new personal?

only money you'd have to spend is for the gasoline to drive to the polls.

I get really tired of people using the JFK Comparison... I took it apart in another thread, but here goes again..

I really think we're a less religiously bigoted nation now than we were in 1960, and I truly don't think that Romney's Mormonism will hurt him. However, even if it does, I remain completely convinced that he is the best hope the Republicans have of unseating Obama.

I don't buy that. Most people are by nature conservative.

"Conservative" is a word with multiple meanings. There are meanings of the word according to which most people are conservative, but the "conservative" movement in the U.S. doesn't supply one of those meanings.

Most people are pro-choice on abortion. Most people approve of marriage equality. Gays in the military has majority support. Most people are in favor of raising taxes on the rich to help balance the budget. Most people approve of labor unions and are against denying collective-bargaining rights. A single-payer health care system has majority approval. Most Americans are against teaching creationism in schools. Most Americans want more regulation of the banking industry.

I can supply poll data on all of these, and will on request.

On all of these issues, either Romney is on the right side, or Obama is equally on the wrong one, or he can probably fudge it. On most of them, every other GOP candidate will be hurt by his/her stances on these issues compared to Obama.

You see, I don't buy that. If I did, I wouldn't worry about it that much. I think whoever the GOP nominates will have a pretty decent chance, because the economy is so bad people are desperate to try anything. My biggest fear about Romney is that he can win. But Perry would probably be stronger for a lot of good reasons, despite his shaky start none of us will be talking about in two months.

Your biggest fear about Romney is that he can win? You mean you would worry if he became president, I take it.

Don't assume that Obama is highly vulnerable because of the economy. If he's perceived as doing everything he can to turn things around, and the Republicans are perceived as standing in the way of him doing it, the economy is going to hurt them, not him. And that's very likely to be the case. If you think it's automatic that a president will be turned out of office when he presides over a sluggish economy, I give you an obvious counter-example:

United States presidential election, 1936 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But Romney has the credibility to position himself apart from the Republicans in Congress, for exactly the reasons that you don't like him. He really is the most electable candidate in the GOP field right now, the only one with any chance at all of beating Obama.

Forum List

Back