You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it". You have not provided a shred of what has been gained.

Hope for the future is what we got out of it. It looks better than it ever has before, especially with China on board. You don't want Trump to be successful, though, even if that success is good for all.

What makes you think Trump can be diplomatic?

Our military exercises near North Korea are for nothing other than intimidation and provocation. It's childish, and I'd support ending it even without the negotiations.
They are also to reassure your supposed allies, SK and Japan. Be that as it may, their cessation is something NK got from the meeting.

So basically you're upset because we recognized North Korea as a nation we need to conduct normal diplomacy with and then told them we'd stop doing military exercises outside their border in exchange for cooperation.

You fools are acting as if Kim has already surrendered his nukes. He won't. Do NOT count on it.

No, people are celebrating what seems like unprecedented diplomacy with North Korea. Is it possible that Kim will throw it in our faces? Yes, but that possibility is worth it when we're talking about peace and stability. It's a chance worth taking, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being supportive of the idea.
I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it". You have not provided a shred of what has been gained.

Kim went to Singapore and you came in your pants. That was easy!

Wow. I wonder what you all will do if Kim sends an autographed photo of himself to Donald Trump. Faint?

I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it

face to face discussion.

Hopefully, with more on the way.

That ( a face to face with Kim ) is not a win for us.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.
There's nothing positive about Trump's deal. Obama's -though flawed - kept Iran from having a nuke. Live with it.
Time is what keeps Iran from getting a nuke. Obama's deal had nothing to do with it.
Iran would have a nuke right now, or we'd have had a war, without Obama's deal. Deal with it.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.

Nope. Both sides don't do it. Sorry.

You never heard any lefty praising the Iran deal until after it was fully formed. It took 7 years. Obama simply wanting that deal did
not earn accolades.

So basically you're upset because we recognized North Korea as a nation we need to conduct normal diplomacy with and then told them we'd stop doing military exercises outside their border in exchange for cooperation.
I'm pointing out the premise of your OP is faulty.
I think NK should be recognised as a nuclear power as is Pakistan, India and Israel. Cooperation in the form of NK getting rid of its nukes, as Trump seems to desire, is simply not going to happen. Never. I don't know why you're going on about it as though it's a possibility.
I also think Iran should nuke up as none of the nuclear powers are going to disarm per the NPT.

You fools are acting as if Kim has already surrendered his nukes. He won't. Do NOT count on it.

No, people are celebrating what seems like unprecedented diplomacy with North Korea. Is it possible that Kim will throw it in our faces? Yes, but that possibility is worth it when we're talking about peace and stability. It's a chance worth taking, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being supportive of the idea.

Wow. I wonder what you all will do if Kim sends an autographed photo of himself to Donald Trump. Faint?

face to face discussion.

nor is it a loss.

Opening a discussion in order to improve conditions is never a loss.

First of all nothing concrete has happened on our side either. All of this was just talked about a couple of days ago. Let me ask you something. How hard do you think it would be to reinstate sanctions and continue shows of force on the Korean Peninsula in the event that Kim Jong Un is bullshitting us? Easy, very easy in fact; that's the answer. It's not like we gave him a mountain of money we can't get back. The real truth is in the last couple weeks North Korea has shown more willingness to cooperate than at any other point in modern history. If you're a leftie that dislikes war you should be happy about that. Hell, the left was worried he was going to go to war with North Korea at first. Now they are mad about unprecedented peace talks. You people are pathetic. I grew up believing the left wing is populated by honest intellectuals. Adulthood and the real world have a way of shattering ridiculous childhood perceptions.
Is this a joke post? Because we got nothing. Trump got his TV moment and actually stated NK is no longer a threat. You guys are too easy. No wonder Trump made money off of a Trump University fraud.

face to face discussion.

nor is it a loss.

Opening a discussion in order to improve conditions is never a loss.
O'rly?

Remember how Obama was excoriated by the Right when he said during the campaign he would talk to North Korea and Iran?

Hope for the future is what we got out of it. It looks better than it ever has before,
It looks exactly the same as it always has except for saving some military exercise expenses.

I think Kim really appreciated that Trump was willing to respect him enough to meet face to face. How can we expect people to cooperate when we don't respect them enough to have normal diplomacy? He's even talking about visiting Washington now. This level of cordiality between our leaders has never happened before, not even close. Considering China's stake in it too, I really believe it's different this time. I guess time will tell.

Kim has earned no respect. From anyone.

Note the sneering tone of this Fox News story: Iran, Cuba and now North Korea? Obama signals he is ready to talk with Kim Jong-un

Standing with South Korea’s president last week, Obama said he favored Korean reunification, but also signaled he’s ready to talk with the Hermit Kingdom.

“As my administration has shown with Iran and with Cuba, we are also prepared to engage nations with which we have had troubled histories,” he declared.

As usual, he coupled that with a stern-sounding warning, adding,“Pyongyang needs to understand it will not achieve the economic development it seeks so long as it clings to nuclear weapons.”

That’s a good one. Given his complete surrender to both Iran and Cuba, the warning is hollow. It’s code for get out the welcome wagon.

Forum List

Back