You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

First of all nothing concrete has happened on our side either. All of this was just talked about a couple of days ago. Let me ask you something. How hard do you think it would be to reinstate sanctions and continue shows of force on the Korean Peninsula in the event that Kim Jong Un is bullshitting us? Easy, very easy in fact; that's the answer. It's not like we gave him a mountain of money we can't get back. The real truth is in the last couple weeks North Korea has shown more willingness to cooperate than at any other point in modern history. If you're a leftie that dislikes war you should be happy about that. Hell, the left was worried he was going to go to war with North Korea at first. Now they are mad about unprecedented peace talks. You people are pathetic. I grew up believing the left wing is populated by honest intellectuals. Adulthood and the real world have a way of shattering ridiculous childhood perceptions.
Kim gave in because of the sanctions. Thank you Obama, well done.

I've posted numerous times on this forum over the past few days all the promises and agreements about denuclearization North Korea has provided in the past. I'm old enough to remember all the euphoria which accompanied each one.

"Fool me once..."
Which is why I say that I hope we didn't agree to give them billions of dollars in cash as part of the deal that will do nothing.
:dunno:

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, then Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

None of that happened while Kim Jong Un is in power. He's not his father, and he's shown unprecedented willingness to cooperate with the west. He's talking about visiting Washington. I think it's for real this time, and I wonder how long people like you will foam at the mouth before finally realizing you are wrong.

That's what happens when the you're the supreme leader of the DPRK and the Chinese decide that NK has outlived its usefulness as a regional counterbalance. The smack upside the head from Beijing is the source of that "unprecedented willingness", the fact that Moon Jae-in and Trump recognized that opportunity is a credit to both of 'em, let's just hope the opportunity isn't squandered.

Yes, China is likely a large part of why Kim is cooperating. I mentioned that in another thread. That makes me even more sure it's serious this time.

IMHO China is probably the only "part", the North Koreans are nearly entirely economically dependent on the Chinese, if a lasting peace is achieved on a denuclearized Korean Peninsula then the need for a U.S. Military presence in South Korea will evaporate and open the way for a Chinese-South Korean economic alignment, thus vastly diminishing U.S. influence in Asia.

Make no mistake, if this all works out, China stands to benefit the most from it.

This is the second topic started by Confounding in two days demanding we all sing praised to Donald Trump about North Korea.

I will post again some of the spit swapping between North Korea and the world over the past 26 years, as I did in the other topic.

1992: JOINT DECLARATION OF SOUTH AND NORTH KOREA ON THE DENUCLEARIZATION OF THE KOREAN PENINSULA

In order to eliminate the danger of nuclear war through the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, to create conditions and an environment favourable to peace and the peaceful unification of Korea, and thus to contribute to the peace and security of Asia and the world, Declare as follows;

1. South and North Korea shall not test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy or use nuclear weapons.

2. South and North Korea shall use nuclear energy solely for peaceful purposes.

3. South and North Korea shall not possess nuclear reprocessing and uranium enrichment facilities.

1993: Joint Statement of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America held governmental-level talks in New York from the 2nd through the 11th of June, 1993.

<snip>

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States have agreed to principles of:

- Assurances against the threat and use of force, including nuclear weapons;

- Peace and security in a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, including impartial application of fullscope safeguards, mutual respect for each other's sovereignty, and non-interference in each other's internal affairs;

2005: Joint Statement of the Fourth Round of the Six-Party Talks

The Six Parties unanimously reaffirmed that the goal of the Six-Party Talks is the verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

A year later, North Korea detonated their first nuclear weapon.

2007: Six-Party Talks -- Second-Phase Action
:

I. On Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

1. The DPRK agreed to disable all existing nuclear facilities subject to abandonment under the September 2005 Joint Statement and the February 13 agreement.

You fools are acting as if Kim has already surrendered his nukes. He won't. Do NOT count on it.

No, people are celebrating what seems like unprecedented diplomacy with North Korea. Is it possible that Kim will throw it in our faces? Yes, but that possibility is worth it when we're talking about peace and stability. It's a chance worth taking, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being supportive of the idea.
I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it". You have not provided a shred of what has been gained.

Kim went to Singapore and you came in your pants. That was easy!

Wow. I wonder what you all will do if Kim sends an autographed photo of himself to Donald Trump. Faint?
Well, to put a good spin on it, Kim seems to have stopped missile testing. Although he seems to be able to hit Japan, and Seoul is in easy range. I don't agree with the military people who criticize Trump for giving up joint training with SK for essentially nothing. Kim made a political decision on missile, and Trump made one. He's perhaps less able to kill hundreds of thousands of Japanese, and we will be less able to defend against an attack.

Of course Trump ended the Iran deal which actually kept them from having a nuke, yet has agreed to let Kim keep one until Kim decides not to.

Make no mistake, if this all works out, China stands to benefit the most from it.

I have no issue with us not having a military presence right outside China, and I completely understand why it pisses them off.

This is the second topic started by Confounding in two days demanding we all sing praised to Donald Trump about North Korea.

I will post again some of the spit swapping between North Korea and the world over the past 26 years, as I did in the other topic.

1992: JOINT DECLARATION OF SOUTH AND NORTH KOREA ON THE DENUCLEARIZATION OF THE KOREAN PENINSULA

In order to eliminate the danger of nuclear war through the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, to create conditions and an environment favourable to peace and the peaceful unification of Korea, and thus to contribute to the peace and security of Asia and the world, Declare as follows;

1. South and North Korea shall not test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy or use nuclear weapons.

2. South and North Korea shall use nuclear energy solely for peaceful purposes.

3. South and North Korea shall not possess nuclear reprocessing and uranium enrichment facilities.

1993: Joint Statement of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America held governmental-level talks in New York from the 2nd through the 11th of June, 1993.

<snip>

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States have agreed to principles of:

- Assurances against the threat and use of force, including nuclear weapons;

- Peace and security in a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, including impartial application of fullscope safeguards, mutual respect for each other's sovereignty, and non-interference in each other's internal affairs;

2005: Joint Statement of the Fourth Round of the Six-Party Talks

The Six Parties unanimously reaffirmed that the goal of the Six-Party Talks is the verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

A year later, North Korea detonated their first nuclear weapon.

2007: Six-Party Talks -- Second-Phase Action
:

I. On Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

1. The DPRK agreed to disable all existing nuclear facilities subject to abandonment under the September 2005 Joint Statement and the February 13 agreement.
tiny hands.

Oh, look. Six Party Talks.

Gee, I wonder if CHINA was one of those parties?

Why, yes! Yes they were!

In fact, the Six Party agreement, whereby North Korea agreed to denuclearize, was signed in Bejing!

And euphoria swept the world. Tears of joy. Quack quack quack.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.

See, you just have to click a link and read it. That's all you have to do.

I apologize my links and my posts are longer than tweets or Fox News talking points.

I try to keep my posts short and sweet for the bumper sticker intellects among us. I honestly do.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.
There's nothing positive about Trump's deal. Obama's -though flawed - kept Iran from having a nuke. Live with it.

I have no issue with us not having a military presence right outside China, and I completely understand why it pisses them off.

I have no issue with it either, just pointing out the Chinese angle here, which is consolidation of their dominance of the region by removing the reasons for the U.S. to be in their neighborhood.:dunno:

`
`

It was not time while Obama was in office. The sanctions are now working and brought Kim to the table. And he made a fool of Trump.

Gosh. China and North Korea invaded South Korea and now their feewings are hurt because we won't allow that to happen again.

We are such warmongering assholes!

Blame America First!

See, you just have to click a link and read it. That's all you have to do.

I apologize my links and my posts are longer than tweets or Fox News talking points.

I try to keep them short and sweet for the bumper sticker intellects among us. I honestly do.

People aren't interested in having meaningful conversations with you because you're a condescending prick. Do you think waving your cock around and insulting other people makes you an intellectual of some kind?

And the Moron Trumpov right would be doing what you are:
Saying..
"Gee he musta got something" (we don't know about) Because it looks/IS SO BAD.

You post No evidence only your Cultish partisan Devotion
You're an Idiot.
`

Forum List

Back