You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
First of all nothing concrete has happened on our side either. All of this was just talked about a couple of days ago. Let me ask you something. How hard do you think it would be to reinstate sanctions and continue shows of force on the Korean Peninsula in the event that Kim Jong Un is bullshitting us? Easy, very easy in fact; that's the answer. It's not like we gave him a mountain of money we can't get back. The real truth is in the last couple weeks North Korea has shown more willingness to cooperate than at any other point in modern history. If you're a leftie that dislikes war you should be happy about that. Hell, the left was worried he was going to go to war with North Korea at first. Now they are mad about unprecedented peace talks. You people are pathetic. I grew up believing the left wing is populated by honest intellectuals. Adulthood and the real world have a way of shattering ridiculous childhood perceptions.

Last edited:
First of all nothing concrete has happened on our side either. All of this was just talked about a couple of days ago. Let me ask you something. How hard do you think it would be to reinstate sanctions and continue shows of force on the Korean Peninsula in the event that Kim Jong Un is bullshitting us? Easy, very easy in fact; that's the answer. It's not like we gave him a mountain of money we can't get back. The real truth is in the last couple weeks North Korea has shown more willingness to cooperate than at any other point in modern history. If you're a leftie that dislikes war you should be happy about that. Hell, the left was worried he was going to go to war with North Korea at first. Now they are mad about unprecedented peace talks. You people are pathetic. I grew up believing the left wing is populated by honest intellectuals. Adulthood and the real world have a way of shattering ridiculous childhood perceptions.
You are too funny.

After at least 26 years of agreements and promises by North Korea about "denuclearization", pseudocons are just now learning the word and bleeving something unprecedented just happened. :lol:

"WE" didn't give into Kim.

Why does the right want Iran to get nukes and want Kim to keep his nukes?

Why is the right for Communism and dictators but against democracies?

Why does the right want the US to be weaker?

And of course, the reason trump gave in to Kim is very obvious - Russia and China. His two best friends.

1992: JOINT DECLARATION OF SOUTH AND NORTH KOREA ON THE DENUCLEARIZATION OF THE KOREAN PENINSULA

In order to eliminate the danger of nuclear war through the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, to create conditions and an environment favourable to peace and the peaceful unification of Korea, and thus to contribute to the peace and security of Asia and the world, Declare as follows;

1. South and North Korea shall not test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy or use nuclear weapons.

2. South and North Korea shall use nuclear energy solely for peaceful purposes.

3. South and North Korea shall not possess nuclear reprocessing and uranium enrichment facilities.

1993: Joint Statement of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America held governmental-level talks in New York from the 2nd through the 11th of June, 1993.

<snip>

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States have agreed to principles of:

- Assurances against the threat and use of force, including nuclear weapons;

- Peace and security in a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, including impartial application of fullscope safeguards, mutual respect for each other's sovereignty, and non-interference in each other's internal affairs;

2005: Joint Statement of the Fourth Round of the Six-Party Talks

The Six Parties unanimously reaffirmed that the goal of the Six-Party Talks is the verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

A year later, North Korea detonated their first nuclear weapon.

2007: Six-Party Talks -- Second-Phase Action
:

I. On Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

1. The DPRK agreed to disable all existing nuclear facilities subject to abandonment under the September 2005 Joint Statement and the February 13 agreement.

So the idea that Trump made "progress" is hilarious. It's same old-same old bullshit.

Hope that puts your erection in perspective.

• Banned
Trump couldn't suck Kim's dick enough.

If Trump goes back to saying mean things about Kim, Kim can always kidnap a couple more Americans and then give them back to make Trump fall in love with him again.

Everybody just shut the fuck up and see what happens. Holy shit!

We can't! Trump just gave the farm to North Korea! IT'S A DISASTER!!!

This is a huge win for Trump, the left have no defense other than to spin it negative which makes them look even more petty and sour puss.

I consider myself mostly left wing. I've never been more disappointed by their reaction to good news.

Would it hurt Dem's to give Trump credit at least for trying to broker peace on the Korean peninsula? I mean goddamn what does the man have to do to please Dem's, maybe its impossible.

1992: JOINT DECLARATION OF SOUTH AND NORTH KOREA ON THE DENUCLEARIZATION OF THE KOREAN PENINSULA

In order to eliminate the danger of nuclear war through the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, to create conditions and an environment favourable to peace and the peaceful unification of Korea, and thus to contribute to the peace and security of Asia and the world, Declare as follows;

1. South and North Korea shall not test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy or use nuclear weapons.

3. South and North Korea shall not possess nuclear reprocessing and uranium enrichment facilities.

1993: Joint Statement of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States of America held governmental-level talks in New York from the 2nd through the 11th of June, 1993.

<snip>

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States have agreed to principles of:

- Peace and security in a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, including impartial application of fullscope safeguards, mutual respect for each other's sovereignty, and non-interference in each other's internal affairs;

The Six Parties unanimously reaffirmed that the goal of the Six-Party Talks is the verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

:

1. The DPRK agreed to disable all existing nuclear facilities subject to abandonment under the September 2005 Joint Statement and the February 13 agreement.

So the idea that Trump made "progress" is hilarious. It's same old-same old bullshit.

None of that happened while Kim Jong Un has been in power. He's not his father, and he's shown unprecedented willingness to cooperate with the west. He's talking about visiting Washington. I think it's for real this time, and I wonder how long people like you will foam at the mouth before finally realizing you are wrong.

Step One: Trash talk North Korea. Inflame hostilities to the point of returning to a hot war.

Step Two: Meet with dictator.

Step Three: Return situation to status quo which has existed for decades. Claim unprecedented historical achievement.

Step One: Trash talk North Korea. Inflame hostilities to the point of returning to a hot war.

Step Two: Meet with dictator.

Step Three: Return situation to status quo which has existed for decades. Claim unprecedented historical achievement.

It seems like you don't even want it to work. It seems like you'd rather see Trump fail than see peace and stability in our relationship with North Korea. That's just shameful and the epitome of partisan hackery.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for a leftie to address the points I made in my OP. What irreversible thing have we done? What have we irresponsibility given away to North Korea?

<snip>

:

None of that happened while Kim Jong Un has been in power. He's not his father, and he's shown unprecedented willingness to cooperate with the west. He's talking about visiting Washington. I think it's for real this time, and I wonder how long people like you will foam at the mouth before finally realizing you are wrong.
Kim is just like his predecessors. How quickly you have forgotten that he ordered the murder of his own brother and uncle. He is a vicious, mad dictator who murders anyone who speaks out against him. You are a blithering idiot if you think he is somehow different from his father and grandfather.

Trump better keep that in the forefront of his mind.

I would love nothing more than to see the North Korean people freed from their marxist bondage. Nothing would make me happier.

But to see all these ejaculations over imaginary accomplishments and future tripping pipe dreams is to witness mass hysteria from people who have no connection to reality.

You fools are acting as if Kim has already surrendered his nukes. He won't. Do NOT count on it.

<snip>

:

You're as naive as Trump, and just as desperate.

Forum List

Back