You're part of the 96%

Sure, are you saying that govt was trying to help me by doing this. They create an excessive tax code then throw out a peanut and then expect me to worship. Come on, you can do better, kitty.

You received a government tax break (which shifted more burden to other taxpayers to pick up the slack) for buying a home (this is perceived to create greater stability in communities by decreasing mobility and transience); for getting married (also perceived to create social stability); pursuing an education; donating to charity; or having a child.

In other words, other people were paying a higher share because you were engaged in activities deemed to be pro-social.

So the government taking $40,000 a year from you instead of $30,000 because of write offs is a government handout?..... :rofl:
Yes.

Romney

Ninety-six percent of Americans have benefited from government help at some time, including from breaks in the tax code, according to Suzanne Mettler, a professor of government at Cornell University and John Sides, an associate political science professor at George Washington University.

The remaining 4 percent? Most are young adults who don’t qualify for most government programs, they say.

“You might get to a point in midlife where you think, ‘I’m one of the earners, not one of the takers,’” Mettler said in an interview. “In fact, your life has long been affected by the social policies you were able to use early in life, such as a Pell grant.”

While Medicare and Medicaid -- which covered more than 100 million Americans combined last year -- are the most obvious government benefits along with Social Security, there are many other policies and programs available.

These include the tax credits or itemized deductions used by more than 70 percent of filers; Pell grants, which in the 2010-2011 school year aided approximately 9.3 million low-income people, or 36.3 percent of all U.S. undergraduate students, in paying for college; and the G.I. bill, which has been used for educational benefits by 21.9 million veterans from the program’s inception through Sept. 30, 2011

Us versus them? It never existed. It's just us and us. Many of you are operating off of a false dichotomy conveniently created and maintained to stoke partisan emotions.
Even the 4% benefit. If not from public school from the fact that their parents get to write the little buggers off and use the money to buy them toys.

I refuse govt every time. I can't control the govt that is forced upon me.

So, you've never claimed deductions on your federal income taxes? Ever?

Sure, are you saying that govt was trying to help me by doing this. They create an excessive tax code then throw out a peanut and then expect me to worship. Come on, you can do better, kitty.

If it didn't help you, you wouldn't accept it. Remember, "you refuse government every time".

You received a government tax break (which shifted more burden to other taxpayers to pick up the slack) for buying a home (this is perceived to create greater stability in communities by decreasing mobility and transience); for getting married (also perceived to create social stability); pursuing an education; donating to charity; or having a child.

In other words, other people were paying a higher share because you were engaged in activities deemed to be pro-social.

So the government taking $40,000 a year from you instead of $30,000 because of write offs is a government handout?..... :rofl:

It's not a handout from the government, it's a handout from your fellow citizens. You're welcome.

I gotta hand it to you, when you fail, you don't back down, you double down..... :thup:

That's not how it works. When the government gives you a tax break it does not mean more burden is shifted to other taxpayers to pick up the slack. It just means there is less government revenue.

"Less government revenue" means that some taxpayers are picking up the slack for others that pay less.

Isn't that what you call it when you're disparaging the 47%?

When the taxpayers pay revenue out the wazoo and you're still running trillion dollar deficits, some gov't cocksleeves might be handing out too many entitlements....:thup:

Welcome to the Nanny State. You can't even take a breath without getting some type of government assistance.

Or you scream at the top of your failing lungs and can't get any.

Help Me Understand Mr President

I refuse govt every time. I can't control the govt that is forced upon me.

LOL. How full of shit you truly are. You don't drive on the Interstates? Nor state nor county roads? Have your own septic and well? Don't buy food that is protected by the FDA? Do you ever fly on a commercial airline? Without the FAA, how safe would that be?

You people are so full of shit it is unbelievable. Oh sure, just get the government out of the way,and you could go back to caves or mud huts.

The programs being discussed here have nothing to do with highways or the FDA.

Day of a Republican

Joe Six-Pack Republican

by John Gray ([email protected])

Joe gets up at 6:00 AM to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republicans would still be sitting in the dark.)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show. The host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day)

Joe agrees. "We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

If it didn't help you, you wouldn't accept it. Remember, "you refuse government every time".

Its more like breaking even.

So then you don't "refuse government everytime".

You do in fact use government in order to break even. You feel that you are entitled and thus have no problems using government. Do I have that right?

Forum List

Back