You're Out Of Control...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Literally. For a week solid now my I phone is being hijacked, when coming to this site.
1841.jpeg

This is the message that comes up, every single time I log into this site from my I phone. And only, when I log in here. Nowhere else. And not on any other device. This pop up, is ridiculous. See the tab that says "close"? If you click it. It takes you to a survey. If you Don't click it? It takes you to the same survey. If you back click. It reloads USMB, followed by this same pop up within a fraction of a second.
So for the purpose of using this site from my I phone... USMB isn't in charge of this site. Whomever owns this advertisement is...

There are strange repercussions of participating here. Attempts to invade the computer often arise after certain comments on special subjects. Very disturbing.

There are strange repercussions of participating here. Attempts to invade the computer often arise after certain comments on special subjects. Very disturbing.

Damn, I was never going to mention this but about a month ago I got nasty with someone on here and my computer crashed, after reloading everything next day worked fine for about 10 days then I posted and wham crashed again and it took several days to reformat.

Believe it's forum foundry who owns the site.

It isn't the forum itself. It is an ad server from google that is causing it.

Ad blockers DO work. I highly recommend adblocker/adblocker plus. I have it on my laptop and cell phone.

As a temp fix since you don’t have Adblock, go into settings, scroll to safari in safari, turn off java.
Literally. For a week solid now my I phone is being hijacked, when coming to this site.
View attachment 183199

This is the message that comes up, every single time I log into this site from my I phone. And only, when I log in here. Nowhere else. And not on any other device. This pop up, is ridiculous. See the tab that says "close"? If you click it. It takes you to a survey. If you Don't click it? It takes you to the same survey. If you back click. It reloads USMB, followed by this same pop up within a fraction of a second.
So for the purpose of using this site from my I phone... USMB isn't in charge of this site. Whomever owns this advertisement is...

Ad blockers DO work. I highly recommend adblocker/adblocker plus. I have it on my laptop and cell phone.
But if it is an ad, (ad blocker stops it), wouldn't that mean that one of the boards advertisers are responsible for this. Surely something of this nature violates the terms of service, with the responsible advertiser...?

But if it is an ad, (ad blocker stops it), wouldn't that mean that one of the boards advertisers are responsible for this. Surely something of this nature violates the terms of service, with the responsible advertiser...?

Google throws the ads out. As far as I am aware, this forum doesn't have a contract with advertisers.

View attachment 183199

160504-south-euclid-police-officer-steven-wilson-yh-0946p_7ea76757e9d591808f30fbcaef87be85.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Click it or ticket.

One note, when java is off you can’t spoke with rich text.
I have no idea what that means....
The text box normally is rich text editor, which allows you to change font, color, size, post a video, etc. Without it you can post, but not with all the features.

Should read post not spoke.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back