You’re On Without Pay

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Since it was Congress that never funded the scam, I’m not certain if Barack Taqiyya should be credited with doing something right:

During his first presidential race, Barack Obama pledged to "expand and fund AmeriCorps from 75,000 slots today to 250,000" volunteers, putting service-minded millennials to work on the nation's toughest problems.

After just three months in office, he signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act authorizing the expansion of the Clinton-era program to the goal of 250,000. He had kept his promise, Obama boasted, and he declared 2009 the dawn of a "new era of service."

But the dawn never broke. Congress never funded the quarter-million hires, not even when Democrats controlled both chambers in 2009-10. AmeriCorps enrollment crept above the 80,000 mark in 2009 and limped along until this year, when the sequestration spending cuts cost the program at least 3,600 workers.

I would sing his praises had he dumped AmeriCorps altogether. Throw in the Peace Corps and I’d campaign to put him up on Mount Rushmore.

images

Millennial is another term for Generation Y also known as Generation Me. Irrespective of their generation whenever charity hustlers talk about service you know they are looking for a spot at the public trough:

Former Rep. Dick Armey, R-Texas, once called AmeriCorps "a welfare program for aspiring yuppies."

NOTE: I’m not picking on generation Y. James Madison’s observation indicates charity hustlers have been at it throughout history:

Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government.

The fact is: AmeriCorps is another long-running fraud that pays sharpshooters to do good. The program serves no useful purpose, but it does give the hustlers cover when they join the ranks of touchy-feely parasites. Unfortunately, all parasites do for themselves while the tax code forces everybody else to do for the government.

Incidentally, the guy who likes to advise conservatives, good old Colin Powell, was always a cheerleader for AmeriCorps.

AmeriCorps is the domestic counterpart of that International fraud funded by taxpayers —— the Peace Corps. The worst kind of touchy-feely bums “volunteered” to save the world but did they really volunteer?

A stint in the Peace Corps guaranteed patronage from congressional Democrats after a “paid volunteer” returned from saving the natives in a Third World village. Looking at today’s world according to UN charity hustlers, poverty is increasing, illiteracy is rampant as is disease, hunger, and brutality. So the world can hardly be called peaceful. Question: What the hell did Peace Corps volunteers ever accomplish other than documenting their worthless efforts in order to enhance their résumés?

This next excerpt is a masterpiece of doublespeak:

Founded in 1994 and operated by the Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps includes several service programs that pay volunteers stipends.

Your head should be spinning after reading the above excerpt. Personally, I’m trying to sort out how the government takes tax dollars by force, then pays “Volunteers” to perform a dubious service. I searched high and low and couldn’t find a dictionary that said volunteers get paid —— never mind paid with coerced tax dollars.

Here’s something you might want to try. The next time you apply for a job tell the perspective employer you are volunteering. Be prepared to head for the door when he says “You’re on without pay.”

Forget 582,000, does any believe that 582 Generation Me yuppies would volunteer to work without pay:

By refusing to fund AmerCorps, Congress is missing a chance to engage Millennials who are volunteering in record numbers. AmeriCorps alone received more than 582,000 applications in 2011, a 62 percent increase over 2009. That means a half-million young Americans are being turned away.

Question: Turned away from what? Answer: A soft spot at the public feed tub.

Put the “volunteers” aside for a minute. As sure as I know anything, I know this: Whenever scum in government talk about charity they are doing it to enrich themselves one way or another.

Here’s the link to the article:

How Obama and Congress Failed AmeriCorps, And Failed America – Again
Program's woes follow Obama pattern: Raise hopes … hopes crushed … blame GOP.
By Ron Fournier
August 1, 2013 a.m.

How Obama and Congress Failed AmeriCorps, And Failed America ? Again - NationalJournal.com

I remember a crazy little fantasy that Barry Hussein promoted when he was running for his first term to unite his anarchist base and maybe it's a reality we don't know about. Didn't he promote a "civilian army" that would be as powerful as the US Military? Maybe AmeriCorps is secretly armed.

I remember a crazy little fantasy that Barry Hussein promoted when he was running for his first term to unite his anarchist base and maybe it's a reality we don't know about. Didn't he promote a "civilian army" that would be as powerful as the US Military? Maybe AmeriCorps is secretly armed.

To whitehall: It’s not a fantasy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UHmecy94z-M]Obama calls for civilian paramilitary force - YouTube[/ame]​

It’s funded in the Affordable Care Act:

Page 1312 of the now signed-into-law Senate version of ObamaCare provides for funding of Obama’s private militia referred to as “Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps” Sec. 5210. This “Corps” is given broad powers to control the US citizenry

Today?s New Atrocity:* The Beginning of USA Disarmament

To whitehall: It’s not a fantasy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UHmecy94z-M]Obama calls for civilian paramilitary force - YouTube[/ame]​

It’s funded in the Affordable Care Act:

Page 1312 of the now signed-into-law Senate version of ObamaCare provides for funding of Obama’s private militia referred to as “Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps” Sec. 5210. This “Corps” is given broad powers to control the US citizenry

Today?s New Atrocity:* The Beginning of USA Disarmament

Do you really logically think that Obama placed a militia corps amendment into his HEALTH CARE bill?

Congress works like this. They take a bill about apples. Then they pass the bill around to all their co-workers and screw with it for awhile, and once they're done with it, the bill is about oranges. Bills almost never end up being what they started out as, at least not with some serious additions. I'm sure it was some Congressman or Congresswoman who said they wouldn't sign it unless the Ready Reserve Corps was added. Anyways, that's just my theory.

Since it was Congress that never funded the scam, I’m not certain if Barack Taqiyya should be credited with doing something right:

During his first presidential race, Barack Obama pledged to "expand and fund AmeriCorps from 75,000 slots today to 250,000" volunteers, putting service-minded millennials to work on the nation's toughest problems.

After just three months in office, he signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act authorizing the expansion of the Clinton-era program to the goal of 250,000. He had kept his promise, Obama boasted, and he declared 2009 the dawn of a "new era of service."

But the dawn never broke. Congress never funded the quarter-million hires, not even when Democrats controlled both chambers in 2009-10. AmeriCorps enrollment crept above the 80,000 mark in 2009 and limped along until this year, when the sequestration spending cuts cost the program at least 3,600 workers.

I would sing his praises had he dumped AmeriCorps altogether. Throw in the Peace Corps and I’d campaign to put him up on Mount Rushmore.

images

Millennial is another term for Generation Y also known as Generation Me. Irrespective of their generation whenever charity hustlers talk about service you know they are looking for a spot at the public trough:

Former Rep. Dick Armey, R-Texas, once called AmeriCorps "a welfare program for aspiring yuppies."

NOTE: I’m not picking on generation Y. James Madison’s observation indicates charity hustlers have been at it throughout history:

The fact is: AmeriCorps is another long-running fraud that pays sharpshooters to do good. The program serves no useful purpose, but it does give the hustlers cover when they join the ranks of touchy-feely parasites. Unfortunately, all parasites do for themselves while the tax code forces everybody else to do for the government.

Incidentally, the guy who likes to advise conservatives, good old Colin Powell, was always a cheerleader for AmeriCorps.

AmeriCorps is the domestic counterpart of that International fraud funded by taxpayers —— the Peace Corps. The worst kind of touchy-feely bums “volunteered” to save the world but did they really volunteer?

A stint in the Peace Corps guaranteed patronage from congressional Democrats after a “paid volunteer” returned from saving the natives in a Third World village. Looking at today’s world according to UN charity hustlers, poverty is increasing, illiteracy is rampant as is disease, hunger, and brutality. So the world can hardly be called peaceful. Question: What the hell did Peace Corps volunteers ever accomplish other than documenting their worthless efforts in order to enhance their résumés?

Your head should be spinning after reading the above excerpt. Personally, I’m trying to sort out how the government takes tax dollars by force, then pays “Volunteers” to perform a dubious service. I searched high and low and couldn’t find a dictionary that said volunteers get paid —— never mind paid with coerced tax dollars.

Here’s something you might want to try. The next time you apply for a job tell the perspective employer you are volunteering. Be prepared to head for the door when he says “You’re on without pay.”

Forget 582,000, does any believe that 582 Generation Me yuppies would volunteer to work without pay:

By refusing to fund AmerCorps, Congress is missing a chance to engage Millennials who are volunteering in record numbers. AmeriCorps alone received more than 582,000 applications in 2011, a 62 percent increase over 2009. That means a half-million young Americans are being turned away.

Put the “volunteers” aside for a minute. As sure as I know anything, I know this: Whenever scum in government talk about charity they are doing it to enrich themselves one way or another.

By Ron Fournier
August 1, 2013 a.m.

How Obama and Congress Failed AmeriCorps, And Failed America ? Again - NationalJournal.com

I'm a millenial. Millenials are in college right now paying tens of thousands of dollars for an education that, forty years ago, was free for what I assume was your generation. And yet, it's all about us? I can't speak for all of my generation, and nor can you. There is no blanket statement that can be made about any group in our society. There is some givers, and some takers. But us "millenials" are not to be singled out as all that is wrong with the world.

images

By Ron Fournier
August 1, 2013 a.m.

I'm a millenial. Millenials are in college right now paying tens of thousands of dollars for an education that, forty years ago, was free for what I assume was your generation. And yet, it's all about us? I can't speak for all of my generation, and nor can you. There is no blanket statement that can be made about any group in our society. There is some givers, and some takers. But us "millenials" are not to be singled out as all that is wrong with the world.

I am on the tail end of the Baby Boomer Gen. and there has never been "Free" tution unless you served in the military "GI Bill" or got an academic or sports scholarship. The GI bill paid for me to get my degree and it took me 6 years to get it because I was on active duty. There has never been free tution.

Don't even get me started on the fraud that is called AmeriCorps. Had to deal with them when I worked for the Red Cross. Welfare yuppies is a perfect description. Liberal activists bought and paid for with taxpayer money.

images

I am on the tail end of the Baby Boomer Gen. and there has never been "Free" tution unless you served in the military "GI Bill" or got an academic or sports scholarship. The GI bill paid for me to get my degree and it took me 6 years to get it because I was on active duty. There has never been free tution.

Well I live in California and aside from various fees and things like books, I've always been told that tuition was more-or-less free pre-1970s. Then various laws were passed, namely Prop 13, which inadvertently took away some of the funding for education. At the very least, it was much, much cheaper, and it isn't simply inflation that accounts for that. It's some members of former generations that don't see the importance of investing in future generations' education.

Anyways, that wasn't the point of my reply. I just didn't like seeing millenials get singled out like they were some horrible group of garbage.

in 1979 I paid 21 dollars a credit hour at the U of Ok.That included the health fee and the athletics facility fee.

in 1979 I paid 21 dollars a credit hour at the U of Ok.That included the health fee and the athletics facility fee.

Right, so basically, the tuition ITSELF was free and all you were paying for were various other fees they throw in. That's my impression anyways.

Well I live in California and aside from various fees and things like books, I've always been told that tuition was more-or-less free pre-1970s. Then various laws were passed, namely Prop 13, which inadvertently took away some of the funding for education. At the very least, it was much, much cheaper, and it isn't simply inflation that accounts for that. It's some members of former generations that don't see the importance of investing in future generations' education.

Anyways, that wasn't the point of my reply. I just didn't like seeing millenials get singled out like they were some horrible group of garbage.

You were lied to.

Right, so basically, the tuition ITSELF was free and all you were paying for were various other fees they throw in. That's my impression anyways.

Your Impression is wrong.

UPDATE
I would sing his praises had he dumped AmeriCorps altogether. Throw in the Peace Corps and I’'d campaign to put him up on Mount Rushmore.

Call this dessert after President Trump’s main course:

The program -- which never reached the level its creator Bill Clinton envisioned -- now finds itself on the chopping block along with other left-wing darlings such as the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities.

College officials are freaking out:

The Trump administration is circulating a list of programs to eliminate -- and it includes the Corporation for National and Community Service, the agency that finances AmeriCorps, which places young people in service positions in which they earn money for student aid or to repay student loans.

The list, revealed by The New York Times, also includes the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities, previously reported to be targets for elimination in the first Trump budget.​

Trump May Kill Off AmeriCorps, a Bill Clinton Creation
By Tom Knighton
February 21, 2017

Trump May Kill Off AmeriCorps, College Officials Spooked

Forum List

Back