You're Not Helping, Nancy

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Article 15, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,635
    But he'll bless you enough to give you that ijit from Texas....:eusa_whistle:

2. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Complex thoughts? You voted for Bush twice and he can't even spell so what does that say about you?
    :banned03:

3. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    It says JSanders is smart enough to not vote for some idiot who thinks the planet has a fever or another idiot that has it seared--SEARED--into his memory that he was listening to pres. Nixon on the radio weeks before Nixon was even sworn in.

4. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,635
    Didn't you know that Ned Sanders was a Clinton supporter, but now has such a rabid hate of Obama he'd sell his soul to David Duke if it would keep Obama out of the WH. So, he might not have voted for Bush, but as both would be pushing to have their IQs hitting triple figures (even when added together), it would not suprise me if he did vote for the chimp...Hell, he's so stoopid, he'll probably be voting for him again....:razz:

5. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541

I doubt the rest of the country will be the least bit impressed that a bunch of wealthy, far leftwing liberals from the San Fran area donated a bunch of money hoping to buy the results come election night. In the end, they still only get a single vote each too and don't get to buy any more. Except maybe in Florida. Better way to spend his time is boning up for the debates. As a freshman Senator of less than 2 years (and only five months of actually doing the WORK of a Senator), he better be good at what his advisors tell him to say in response to the questions put to him. And the follow-up ones.

6. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Maybe you didn't know this, but Republicans don't throw a hissy fit just because someone mentioned "God" or made a statement like this. If she really feels this is true, more power to her. As Republicans are the first to point out, since the overwhelming majority of Americans believe in God, would you rather they believed your candidate was sent by someone else? You people need to get over yourselves, stop freaking out if someone mentions God and get over the idiotic notion that the public square is supposed to be stripped of any mention of God or religiosity. I doubt you knew this either, but since the overwhelming majority of Americans believe in God, they actually feel more comfortable believing (whether true or not) that a politician's moral foundation comes from his religious beliefs and not based on whatever happens to be PC that day. Its why even Clinton tried to fake having religious beliefs -although it was obvious he was clearly uncomfortable with that pretense.

Republicans aren't going to pounce on this statement at all -they understand why she said it in the first place. Even though they don't agree at all. Now the liberal media would DEFINITELY have made this an issue for at least a full week -but ONLY if a Republican had said it. Since they are already in the tank for Obama -they won't touch this.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,345
    speaker not a coveted position???

damn, you need a civics course....

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

second in line of succession after the VP; hands out all of the power positions and chairmanships; as well as controlling the agenda of what bills get put on the schedule to be voted on.....

nancy sucks, but not for any of the reasons YOU think.

8. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,893
    most of the members of the senate know that Speaker of the House of Representatives isn't one of them. Robert Byrd is still thinking it over.

skipped civics,eh?

9. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Maybe this is why the democrats refuse to impeach Bush and Cheney.

heh

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I think I'm confused... how does what Nancy said hurt Obama?

it NANCY'S opinion is that Obama is a blessing then so the fuck what?

Perhaps she feels that he's exactly what this country needs right now... perhaps she has faith in HER God that he put Obama on this path. I haven't heard Obama say that he's a blessing from God, have you?

I think this is much ado about nothing Article.

I happen to look at Obama as a blessing too... I don't look at him as the Messiah the way the Repubs or Cons would like to paint it but I certainly do think his vision and his plan to return this country to what it should be and could be again is a blessing.

Many people probably feel the same way and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't think Repubs have the market cornered on thinking God knows what they need...

If Palin and Bush can claim war is a plan from God I have no problem with someone saying that they feel Obama is a blessing from God because he's exactly what this country needs at this moment in time.